10-31-2018, 11:32 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
A few months ago, in summer, we had a discussion with Claus and Jagdeep. Now it's time to say I regret what I said. Gents, I apologise. You were right, I was wrong.

I was gifted a bottle of Colonia Intensa a long time ago. I didn't care for it that much, I preferred scents like Dior Sauvage, ADG Profumo... You get what I mean. These are mainstream, very long-lasting, strong scents. I was used to these and couldn't "understand" what AdP represents.

Lately, I decided to give it another chance. Fall in Greece is not that cold, temperature today was 25 degrees Celcius for example.

This scent has much better longevity and projection in fall I'd say. Extreme summer temperatures, meaning close to 40 degrees Celcius, don't suit it.

It is classy, elegant, upscale... It doesn't shout like others. It's not a crowd-pleaser. It's different. I doubt you will ever find another man wearing it in the same room.

Half an hour after the opening, the scent starts to transform. Citrus and cardamon notes give their place to leather, wood, musk and vetiver. That's what I get at least. I am in love. The ideal fall fragrance for me. I also think it will be great in March-April.

I went to a mall today to buy a gift and they had 20% off. So, it was a good chance to treat myself and buy another bottle, this time the 180ml one. They gave me some samples and a miniature fragrance with the purchase.

[Image: cKr8YWb.jpg]
I should have pictured them all... They carry the whole line.

[Image: CBjrRfY.jpg]

[Image: FzLLACd.jpg]

[Image: c3zFIeW.jpg]
It's very small!

58 2,348
 10-31-2018, 06:59 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I recently picked up AdP Leather, a lighter, leather blend rather than a dark, heavy leather. I love it, as I do several AdP scents. I'd love to have that store near me and wouldn't be able to resist the 20% off sale. Thanks for sharing.

38 5,674
 10-31-2018, 07:38 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-31-2018, 06:59 PM)evnpar Wrote: I recently picked up AdP Leather, a lighter, leather blend rather than a dark, heavy leather. I love it, as I do several AdP scents. I'd love to have that store near me and wouldn't be able to resist the 20% off sale. Thanks for sharing.

You and me both...this is one of my favorite product lines.

48 19,972
 11-01-2018, 06:54 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(10-31-2018, 06:59 PM)evnpar Wrote: I recently picked up AdP Leather, a lighter, leather blend rather than a dark, heavy leather. I love it, as I do several AdP scents. I'd love to have that store near me and wouldn't be able to resist the 20% off sale. Thanks for sharing.
Leather is very good. Sandalo too.

But, Oud is amazing for someone who likes this scent note. I got a sample to test it. Very strong. A simple spray lasts more than 12 hours on me (this is about twice the time the Colonia Intensa lasts. The latter is EdC but it has more of an EdT or a light EdP concentration. Oud, Ebano, Leather and Sandalo are EdC Concentrée). But it's just too strong to wear it daily. Only on special occasions in winter night time I'd say. I prefer it to Tobacco Oud and Oud Wood by TF though. It's a straight oud scent.

I am very lucky this store is near me, about 7km away from my home. They're always helpful and they offer samples even if you don't make a purchase. There's also a Penhaligon's stand. I've sampled some of them, but I didn't feel they're that special to make a purchase. I always try to test a fragrance before buying it. That way I'm sure I won't get bored of it after the first enthusiasm is gone. I'm not a collector, so no need to just buy a fragrance if I won't want to wear it a month later.

58 2,348
 11-01-2018, 08:04 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Pretty lucky to have shops like either of them close to you.

0 308
 11-01-2018, 08:34 AM
User Info

yes rural sweet home has no stores either. always have adp on hand and love it

78 1,427
 11-01-2018, 01:54 PM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
Thank you for sharing your experience Nikos. AdP Colonia is my favorite, classy and timeless.

10 442
 11-07-2018, 09:28 AM
User Info
Intessa is not a typical citrus scent and has notes of cardamom, leather etc neatly done.

I myself was sceptical about Citrusy notes in the beginning but was encouraged by a friend to try it. I bought it as a blind buy and didn't regret it.

Nice store Nikos and 20% off is some deal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,168
 11-07-2018, 10:18 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-07-2018, 09:28 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Intessa is not a typical citrus scent and has notes of cardamom, leather etc neatly done.

I myself was sceptical about Citrusy notes in the beginning but was encouraged by a friend to try it. I bought it as a blind buy and didn't regret it.

Nice store Nikos and 20% off is some deal..

Thanks, Jagdeep!

I went back the other day to test a few frags. I smelled the Colonia Quercia. I was so ready to buy it, great opening, but decided to see how it performs/ transforms. It reminded me of something but it wasn't very clear. A couple of hours later, things cleared up. Dior Eau Sauvage. It transformed to a stronger version of this frag. So glad I didn't buy it, I saved 180+€. I don't like Eau Sauvage at all.

58 2,348
 11-08-2018, 04:28 AM
User Info
Cant even remember we had a discussion, Nikos !

I think the ADP line of fragrances are an excellent way to start to explore where designer fragrances ends and niche fragrances starts.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think I own 11-12 ADP fragrances and I love & enjoy them all.

As a huge fan of Dior Eau Sauvage, what ADP fragrance mimics Dior Eau Sauvage ?
I own the 200 ml Dior Eau Sauvage and mostly use it as a bedtime fragrance because of its rather mediocre longevity (4-5 hours on me with 15-20 sprays)
I have used and owned Dior Eau Sauvage since I was a kid/Teenager in the 80’s. Longevity was always its Achilles heel.

If the ADP is somewhat better in this regard I might consider buying it.

25 6,396
 11-08-2018, 05:18 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(11-08-2018, 04:28 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Cant even remember we had a discussion, Nikos !

I think the ADP line of fragrances are an excellent way to start to explore where designer fragrances ends and niche fragrances starts.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think I own 11-12 ADP fragrances and I love & enjoy them all.

As a huge fan of Dior Eau Sauvage, what ADP fragrance mimics Dior Eau Sauvage ?
I own the 200 ml Dior Eau Sauvage and mostly use it as a bedtime fragrance because of its rather mediocre longevity (4-5 hours on me with 15-20 sprays)
I have used and owned Dior Eau Sauvage since I was a kid/Teenager in the 80’s. Longevity was always its Achilles heel.

If the ADP is somewhat better in this regard I might consider buying it.

Claus, I had the same problem with Dior Eau Sauvage. This fragrance doesn't last more than 3 hours on me. Also, the scent is not a favorite.

Colonia Quercia of the EDC Concentree line is almost identical to this. Quercia means Oak in Italian, by the way. The opening is very citrusy and differs from the Eau Sauvage, but they share similarities, that's why the moment I spayed it I said that it reminded me of another fragrance. A couple of hours later, I got the Dior Eau Sauvage scent. Three sprays lasted close to 10 hours. It's a very well blended fragrance. If the scent didn't remind me so much of the Eau Sauvage, I'd have already bought it to be honest.

58 2,348
 11-09-2018, 08:03 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Is it just me or do ADP scents possess rather poor longevity? Can’t seem to get more than 3-4 hours. Love them all but damn....

3 290
 11-09-2018, 08:13 AM
User Info
(11-09-2018, 08:03 AM)DanLaw Wrote: Is it just me or do ADP scents possess rather poor longevity? Can’t seem to get more than 3-4 hours. Love them all but damn....

Try Concentree version...8-10 hrs on me easily.

3 1,168