10-31-2018, 04:52 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
I shave daily with a Feather ASD2. I am looking for a mild companion razor. Would the Masamune or Evolution be good choice? If so, which one?

0 298
 10-31-2018, 07:20 PM
User Info
The Tatara is a very attractive alternative, mild but very efficient.
(10-31-2018, 04:52 PM)Asafiev Wrote: I shave daily with a Feather ASD2. I am looking for a mild companion razor. Would the Masamune or Evolution be good choice? If so, which one?

2 357
 11-01-2018, 06:37 AM
User Info
Of these two, I find the Tatara to provide the better combination of mildness plus an efficient shave.  I prefer the lighter weight of the Tatara and even with the open-comb plate, I don't find it be a very aggressive razor.  I have not used my Evolution in some time so I'll need to pull it out.  I will note that I have the more aggressive version of the Evolution so the less aggressive might be more in line with the Tatara.

58 172
 11-01-2018, 10:18 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I've not tried the Masamune, but I have a nice selection of Asylum Evolution razors. The Evo shave is reasonably efficient and smooth. With my technique it takes three Evo passes to achieve BBS, as opposed to two passes with an injector or my iKon OSS. In my experience the Evolution excels at across and against the grain passes. It gives a smooth and enjoyable shave.

10 3,121