11-04-2018, 03:56 PM
User Info
Hi - as I don’t remember which blade worked for me with my short time with cobra.

Any recommendations ?

7 376
 11-04-2018, 05:54 PM
User Info
I think the Kai Captain's are the smoothest. Kai Milds are the worst/harshest. The Feathers are sharper and slightly less forgiving than the Kai Captains.

55 1,255
 11-04-2018, 06:17 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
You'll need to do some sampling - the shavette style blades aren't all equal, even in specs.  Some, like the Feather Super Professionals, are sized to make any razor more aggressive.  Some razors won't even accept them ..  though Shane emailed me that the Super Pro would fit the Vector, but it wouldn't take the Feather Pro Lights if I recall correctly...

51 539
 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM
User Info
Haven't tried the Vector, but I love Schick Proline blades for my AC needs.

3 1,932
 11-05-2018, 10:27 AM
User Info
(11-05-2018, 10:21 AM)kingfisher Wrote: Haven't tried the Vector, but I love Schick Proline blades for my AC needs.

+1

0 95
 11-05-2018, 05:18 PM
User Info
(11-05-2018, 10:27 AM)LeGaulois Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 10:21 AM)kingfisher Wrote: Haven't tried the Vector, but I love Schick Proline blades for my AC needs.

+1

Actually I just checked - there is p-30 and B-20- which one will work with Vector?

7 376
 11-06-2018, 03:28 AM
User Info
(11-05-2018, 05:18 PM)inspectoring Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 10:27 AM)LeGaulois Wrote:

+1

Actually I just checked - there is p-30 and B-20- which one will work with Vector?

P-30 or P-20 is for AC razors, the number is how many blades are in the cartridges, so 30 blades or 20 blades.

B is for injectors and I've only seen them come with 20 blades, B-20...

0 93
 11-06-2018, 03:57 AM
User Info
(11-06-2018, 03:28 AM)rabidus Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 05:18 PM)inspectoring Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 10:27 AM)LeGaulois Wrote: +1

P-30 or P-20 is for AC razors, the number is how many blades are in the cartridges, so 30 blades or 20 blades.

B is for injectors and I've only seen them come with 20 blades, B-20...

Being complete newbie to this - is vector a injector type razor or ac razor?

7 376
 11-06-2018, 05:47 AM
User Info
AC razor.

0 95
 11-06-2018, 09:16 AM
User Info
(11-06-2018, 05:47 AM)LeGaulois Wrote: AC razor.

Thank you

7 376
 11-06-2018, 04:37 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
I prefer Feather Proguard.  I am hearing a lot of favorable reviews of the proline but I have not used them.

0 297
 11-07-2018, 06:33 AM
User Info
The Schick Pro-Line AC blade is my go-to blade of choice for my Artist Club style SE razors (Mongoose & General). Prior to that I found that the Kai Captain Titan Mild blades worked the best for me. I have a Vector on the way to me (should be delivered today hopefully), and I fully plan on starting out with the Pro-Line blades.

0 24
 11-07-2018, 07:47 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
My go to is Feather Pro in my Mongoose V1 stainless.  The first couple of shaves I need to be careful to avoid weepers.  After that the blade settles down and gives great smooth shaves for uses 3-10.  The Proline seems to really keep that sharp edge for a good 7+shaves, which normally would be great in a double edge, but with the aggressiveness of the 'Goose, I like a blade that tames down after a couple of shaves.  The Super Pros are definitely a no go, way too aggressive for my needs and likes.  I haven't used a Kai in a few years, but from what I remember they were just okay.  I might have to revisit them depending how I like the Vector.

63 711
 11-07-2018, 08:52 AM
User Info
Schick proline and feather pro are my 2 faves in the vector.

1 105
 11-14-2018, 03:53 PM
User Info
I now have 3 full shaves using the Proline and 1 with the Kai Captain mild.  Both gave me a smooth 3 pass BBS shave, I can honestly say if I didnt see what blade was loaded I wouldnt know the difference in the Vector

17 312
 11-14-2018, 04:07 PM
User Info
[Image: w0TaNQj.jpg]

Four shaves in - all excellent. I’ve shaved with 3 different blades. Here’s a brief summary of my experience:

Feather Professional (standard): Carefree and efficient shave. With the Vector’s minimal blade exposure/reveal, I moved quickly for a quick, close shave.

Feather Professional Super: Because of this blade’s larger width, there is a bit more blade feel. Not overly so, to where you are nervous about cutting yourself, but just enough for those who might prefer some blade feel upon their skin. I got an efficient shave, but I moved more slowly because of the slightly additional blade feel. For me, this razor is one of the few where I can actually use this higher exposed blade. Compared to the Feather Pro (Standard), I actually enjoyed this shave better, because of that slightly additional blade feel, although both left me with an efficient shave.

Schick Proline P-30: A similar blade feel as the Feather Pro (standard)…but not exactly. Hard to describe the difference. But like the Feather Pro (standard) I was able to whip around my face in a carefree manner, leaving me with a very efficient shave - bbs.

For me, all three blades performed very nicely. If I had to choose, it would be between the Feather Pro Super and the Schick Proline. The Super because of the slightly more - but pleasant - blade feel. The Schick because of the ability to shave quickly…and because I believe I got the closest shave of all three blades within this Vector. Now, this observation is very subjective. I used the Proline last, and perhaps I was more proficient in the Vector’s use. Also, because I did not shave say different sides of my face with different blades (on the same day), I am only going by how I remember "face feel", so please take this last observation with a grain of salt, as all 3 blades performed very well.

Feather Pro-Guard? Although I have some pro-guards, I did not try it in the Vector, and probably will not. The reasonable blade exposure that the Vector offers, for me, provides all the “safety” one could ask for; so I felt no need to tame this razor. It shaves great with these 3 “unguarded" blades. Perhaps one starting out in AC shaving might elect to use the guarded blade.

One comment on the sharp corners that some have noticed. Yes, on the top cap, the front corners are a bit pointy. There were a couple of times that I thought I cut myself on my nose [when going ear to nose], when it was in fact, just the pointy corners. To remedy this, I took the top cap off, using a fine sharpening type stone, I gently rounded, and softened the corners. This worked great, and took all of 5 minutes. I no longer feel any sharp points. Plus, if I simply left the top-cap as-is, it would have been just fine, as I would have built some muscle memory, if you will, and avoid the corners. BUT, I like to tinker, so I fixed it. If Shane is reading some of our posts, maybe he will address this on future production runs. 

Hope this helps some folks out!

0 121
 11-15-2018, 08:16 AM
  • Cino
User Info
(11-14-2018, 04:07 PM)nvpliers Wrote: [Image: w0TaNQj.jpg]

Four shaves in - all excellent. I’ve shaved with 3 different blades. Here’s a brief summary of my experience:

Feather Professional (standard): Carefree and efficient shave. With the Vector’s minimal blade exposure/reveal, I moved quickly for a quick, close shave.

Feather Professional Super: Because of this blade’s larger width, there is a bit more blade feel. Not overly so, to where you are nervous about cutting yourself, but just enough for those who might prefer some blade feel upon their skin. I got an efficient shave, but I moved more slowly because of the slightly additional blade feel. For me, this razor is one of the few where I can actually use this higher exposed blade. Compared to the Feather Pro (Standard), I actually enjoyed this shave better, because of that slightly additional blade feel, although both left me with an efficient shave.

Schick Proline P-30: A similar blade feel as the Feather Pro (standard)…but not exactly. Hard to describe the difference. But like the Feather Pro (standard) I was able to whip around my face in a carefree manner, leaving me with a very efficient shave - bbs.

For me, all three blades performed very nicely. If I had to choose, it would be between the Feather Pro Super and the Schick Proline. The Super because of the slightly more - but pleasant - blade feel. The Schick because of the ability to shave quickly…and because I believe I got the closest shave of all three blades within this Vector. Now, this observation is very subjective. I used the Proline last, and perhaps I was more proficient in the Vector’s use. Also, because I did not shave say different sides of my face with different blades (on the same day), I am only going by how I remember "face feel", so please take this last observation with a grain of salt, as all 3 blades performed very well.

Feather Pro-Guard? Although I have some pro-guards, I did not try it in the Vector, and probably will not. The reasonable blade exposure that the Vector offers, for me, provides all the “safety” one could ask for; so I felt no need to tame this razor. It shaves great with these 3 “unguarded" blades. Perhaps one starting out in AC shaving might elect to use the guarded blade.

One comment on the sharp corners that some have noticed. Yes, on the top cap, the front corners are a bit pointy. There were a couple of times that I thought I cut myself on my nose [when going ear to nose], when it was in fact, just the pointy corners. To remedy this, I took the top cap off, using a fine sharpening type stone, I gently rounded, and softened the corners. This worked great, and took all of 5 minutes. I no longer feel any sharp points. Plus, if I simply left the top-cap as-is, it would have been just fine, as I would have built some muscle memory, if you will, and avoid the corners. BUT, I like to tinker, so I fixed it. If Shane is reading some of our posts, maybe he will address this on future production runs. 

Hope this helps some folks out!

Great review!  Please keep us updated as you use the blades more.

0 35
 11-15-2018, 03:06 PM
User Info
Thanks!

0 121