04-19-2019, 11:12 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(04-18-2019, 05:49 PM)DanLaw Wrote: Always store blades in their wrapper between shaves (not in the razor).

OR (high tech alternative) requisition the dosing cup from the top of a bottle of cough or cold medicine . . .

[Image: FG6Fofg.jpg]

. . . and turn it upside down on the shelf and rest the blotted-dry blade on top of it between shaves.

1 1,353
 04-19-2019, 01:04 PM
User Info
I always disassemble the razor to clean it after each shave. And to let the blade dry I have these little cone that have been filled with epoxy so they get a bit heavier.

[Image: 1JpwULY.jpg]

They are always in my cabinet and I simply choose the one I want accordingly...

[Image: OxFlKLv.jpg]

0 121
 04-19-2019, 02:00 PM
User Info
I haven't tried the Timor blades but I will. As for vintage blades, I'm 70 years old and started shaving in around 1962. The Gillette Blue Blades were a tough row to hoe. I remember when the Platinum Plus, and Super Stainless Gillettes came out. I was in heaven. That said, I don't remember them being any better, or maybe even as good, as the current plethora of blades available now. Then again, I haven't shaved with a new old stock vintage blade in many years.

8 267
 04-19-2019, 07:00 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(04-19-2019, 01:04 PM)ImJustMe Wrote: I always disassemble the razor to clean it after each shave. And to let the blade dry I have these little cone that have been filled with epoxy so they get a bit heavier.

They are always in my cabinet and I simply choose the one I want accordingly...

That is a really cool solution, and even more high tech than mine.  Thank you for posting that

1 1,353
 04-20-2019, 05:18 AM
User Info
I am going to start doing this since I am getting on the vintage blade train. I want to extend the life of my personna 74s and light brigades to a minimum of 15 shaves each! I don’t have a terribly dense/wire beard...probably medium...so I hope it’s doable!

I will put a few thin nails in my wall and hang the blades on them.

Vr

Matt

21 1,120
 04-20-2019, 07:28 AM
User Info
(04-20-2019, 05:18 AM)Ols67 Wrote: I am going to start doing this since I am getting on the vintage blade train.  I want to extend the life of my personna 74s and light brigades to a minimum of 15 shaves each!  I don’t have a terribly dense/wire beard...probably medium...so I hope it’s doable!

I will put a few thin nails in my wall and hang the blades on them.

Vr

Matt

I put some small brass cup hooks in a door jamb. The kind that people put under a kitchen cabinet to hang tea cups, When you're single you can do stuff like that ;-)

8 267
 04-20-2019, 09:09 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Some really novel solutions guys. One of things liked about using wrapper is being able to mark number of blade uses and prevent self mutilation. Have a nasty habit of doing unintended self harm when blindly encountering open blades. That stated these are all great ideas!

3 423
 04-20-2019, 09:15 AM
User Info
(04-20-2019, 09:09 AM)DanLaw Wrote: Some really novel solutions guys. One of things liked about using wrapper is being able to mark number of blade uses and prevent self mutilation. Have a nasty habit of doing unintended self harm when blindly encountering open blades. That stated these are all great ideas!

I was thinking about either putting nails in the wall, or getting an old little chalkboard with a wood frame around it, and hanging that on the wall. Then I could hang two or three different blades from nails on the frame, and keep track of number of uses with chalk.

We will see!

Vr

Matt

21 1,120