11-07-2018, 06:39 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just saw this on GIZMODO...a write up about...(hold your breath) a new Gillette.......2 blade cartridge which fits the Fusion handle...called the SKINGUARD SENSITIVE...has 2 blades and 2 skin pusher "bars"....so my friends dump your pricey super razors and stand in line....the future is here....and less blades now are better than more blades as long as you put a few rubber bars in.......oh Lord I can hardly wait.....so at least a few of my 200 razors are going to be up for sale.....hahahahahahahahahaha

6 2,100
 11-07-2018, 07:04 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Don't laugh. This will be the razor every teen is going to want and if it's neon it'll sell even faster.

0 313
 11-09-2018, 05:14 PM
User Info
OMG - that was a hilarious article.   Thumbup

The author really nails their latest marketing schlock.  Now there's a 2-blade razor that costs more than their Mach 3 - but even better, completely repudiates the very basis of their decades old multi-blade marketing nonsense, basically admitting they were wrong all along.

"Gillette - the best a man can get"  -- kinda begs the question - - - - 'the best... what?'  

BS?

0 450
 11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
User Info
Just another cartridge gimmick maybe maybe not.
 Consumers will begin to see Gillette SkinGuard on store shelves as early as December with roll-out continuing into early 2019. 

Gillette SkinGuard will have a suggested retail price of $7.99 for a handle and one cartridge. Refill cartridges can be bought for $8.99 for two cartridges or $17.99 for four cartridges. 

141 13,786
 11-09-2018, 06:32 PM
User Info
$17.99 / 4  =  $4.50 / cartridge.  Using Gillette's advertising (admittedly a dubious choice), one can expect on avg 14 shaves per cartridge.  That's $0.32 per shave.  My Polsilvers cost me about $0.30 a blade; but I get 6 - 7 shaves per blade, making my per shave cost about $0.05 per shave - one sixth the per shave cost of a cartridge.

Better yet, my shaves now are vastly superior to any shave I ever got from a cartridge, regardless how many blades they contained.  My "5:00 shadow" with a cartridge appeared around 10:00 am in the morning.  With my Polsilvers, it appears about 10:00 in the evening.

I never enjoyed, let alone looked forward to shaving when using cartridges.  In fact, no one I know who uses cartridges is that enamored with them.  Most tell me they actually hate shaving - ironically, so much so they're not interested in hearing about wet shaving (go figure - perhaps the Gillette marketeers are even more savvy than we imagine).

Meh - to each his own.  Me?  I'm looking forward to morning and my next shave.

0 450
 11-09-2018, 09:00 PM
User Info
Less is more.

Less blades cost more.

Am I doing this right?

29 1,569
 11-10-2018, 03:14 PM
User Info
(11-09-2018, 09:00 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Less is more.

Less blades cost more.

Am I doing this right?

Today?  Apparently you are.

Thirty years ago?  No.
Twenty years ago?  No.
Ten years ago?  No

The "best a man can get" is whatever Gillette's marketing team can feed him to empty his wallet.

0 450
 11-10-2018, 03:27 PM
User Info
Moderator Note: Links to, and text from, websites not affiliated with TSN removed.
Sheesh - they truly expect men to swallow (and pay dearly for) whatever "double super secret shaving science" they can concoct at the moment.

0 450