11-08-2018, 04:02 PM
User Info
I relearned a lesson over the last couple days that I had forgotten.  I ordered a scuttle in Waterfall pattern from Sara Bonnyman, and somewhat surprisingly, she sent it immediately, prior to receiving any payment.  However, when it arrived, I was surprised to find that it did not look at all like the one pictured on her website.  So I have returned it and paid the $25 return shipping cost to Canada.  It was my fault, since I should have asked her to provide an image of the exact scuttle I was going to receive, and I paid the price for my error.  Unfortunately, it also cost her the price of the initial shipping to me.  From now on I am going to try to remember to ask for an image of whatever it is I am going to receive, be it a scuttle, a brush, etc.

I want to emphasize that this is not a criticism of Sara.  She has been very helpful, and I usually like her products.  I have had a number of different scuttles - including Dirty Bird, Georgetown Pottery, Becker, and SWK - and a Moss scuttle in Anniversary Slate from Sara is the only one I have kept at this point.  It is wonderful.

221 12,891
 11-13-2018, 02:59 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Wish you would have taken a picture of what you sent back.  Would liked to have seen what it looked like.

I agree, Sara makes great scuttles.

180 25,078