11-08-2018, 08:25 PM
User Info
Gents, 

I have been approached by a Perfume seller who has been supplying me perfumes for last 3 years for helping him set up a barbershop at his hometown (in India). 

Although, Truefitt & Hill have exclusive chains at premium Indian cities but largely India has poor exposure on the wet shaving side with majority of the population only using canned products & carts. We want to change this. We intend to create awareness and benefits of traditional wet shaving via brick & mortar store, Facebook groups & online marketing in India. We also plan to list ourselves on E-com online majors like Amazon etc.

This Gentleman runs a FB group on the perfume side with 350 members already and we plan to at least have a dedicated group of wet shavers having minimum 500 members .

I request valuable suggestions on what all brands do we need to stock up , things we need to keep in mind as a startup. Need suggestions on soaps/aftershaves, razors (less than 100 usd) , anything else I may be missing. Please remember we are venturing into a really tough market which is price sensitive and the entire concept may be quite alien...lol.

Thanks in advance.

3 1,168
 11-08-2018, 10:28 PM
User Info
While I don't have any brand names in specific, I know there is several manufacturers in India and Pakistan that manufactures decent quality DE razors. One thing is all the offers I keep betting in the inbox for my blog, another is that Shave-a-Buck (a webshop that was discontinued a couple of years back) imported a number of razors from India he sold under the name "Cadet".

As for aftershaves, the Persian barber at a nearby mall stocks stuff from Marmara Kolonya - a Turkish company that makes aftershaves and more that are affordable and enjoyable.

3 5,767