12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
User Info
Tomorrow I have planned a "hamburger stew" in a stove top dutch oven. It will be an extremely low sat' fat version in keeping with  my new diet (my own ground meat that will be close to 100% lean). It's delicious, doesn't take oodles of prep time, and is a one pot (dutch oven) meal. Anyone wanting the recipe just PM me. Of course others can make the high sat' fat version and I also would if it was on my menu, but it isn't.

I expect to make yeast rolls with 50% fresh ground white wheat with it. I grind the wheat minutes before making the bread dough.

32 6,524
 12-04-2018, 02:53 AM
User Info
I’m making curry/coconut milk chicken stew for my father and brother tomorrow at my fathers condo.

I’m going to use 4 chicken breasts, 4 chicken thighs, 2 cans of coconut milk, 250 ml double cream, a sliced pine apple, 4-5 sliced apples, a dark stout beer, red onions, celery, chicken stock and a bunch of Indian spices in the stew and let it simmer for at least 2 hours on the stove.

I’m serving the stew together with a green risotto.

25 6,431
 12-04-2018, 02:14 PM
User Info
Another game stew to accompany red cabbage is planned for tomorrow.

0 696
 12-04-2018, 08:27 PM
User Info
The stew turned out great. Our guest proclaimed it delicious, which it was. I didn't have time to make the yeast rolls but she (unasked) brought biscuits. They weren't really on my new strict diet, but they were delicious. So no slice of pizza for me this month.

32 6,524
 12-06-2018, 04:56 PM
User Info
We (mainly me) use our DOs for stews, soups and campfire cobbler.

But the most popular at our house is smoked turkey and sausage gumbo! Especially this time of year. Would post a pic, but our boys devoured the last batch before returning to school after Thanksgiving break.

0 17