12-19-2018, 06:32 AM
User Info
(12-15-2018, 03:33 PM)LAParker Wrote: I will never, ever buy any product from Smythe - Hodges! Lying about his ingredients and all manner of shady business practices including interviewing himself are bad enough. But in my eyes his most serious offense against the community is Stolen Valor. I'm not military myself but I did lose my older brother in the Iraq War. Smythe Hodges tried to deny the facts that he lied about the whole thing. I've seen the proof and read his feeble excuses. He is a scumbag!

You do know Smythe-Hodges is a fictional character developed as an advertising spoke-person ?
I've seen and read about aliens attacking Earth, I believe little that I read, some that I see and nothing that I hear.

1 1,073
 12-19-2018, 09:00 AM
User Info
(12-18-2018, 08:39 PM)MarsEnglish Wrote: Not wanting to purchase products from a business is certainly an individual choice - but name calling & rumor mongering is certainly not gentlemanly behavior.

The products are fantastic & the customer service is above average - it seems to me that any other measure of this business is peculiar & off base. I’m sure you don’t monitor & judge the character of all store owners - if so you likely don’t do business with many.

I'm not engaging in rumor mongering. Only stating facts. I try to avoid shopping with unethical and dishonest companies. It's unavoidable in a lot of everyday purchases but not in all. Wetshaving is one place where I can choose to avoid people like Smythe-Hodges and his companies, PAA, Crown King and Petal Pushers.

(12-19-2018, 06:32 AM)zipper Wrote: You do know Smythe-Hodges is a fictional character developed as an advertising spoke-person ?
I've seen and read about aliens attacking Earth, I believe little that I read, some that I see and nothing that I hear.

I'll help you out a little. Another thread from this very forum. http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=26192

From the thread to give an outline.

His list of un-ethical and fraudulent behaviour is as follows:

1) He has been banned from several forums/group prior to all this due to his rude behaviour and flouting of vendor rules
2) He has shilled his own product under several different names
3) He conned his customers in thinking PPF was run by a separate individual when it was him all along
4) He conducted 'interviews' with the PPF owner, when it was just him interviewing himself pretending to be two people
5) questions have ben raised in regards to his soap ingredients and FDA status, which he has never cleared up leaving customers with doubts
6) He lied about being a veteran so he could have exclusive access to a veterans forum to shill his product to them under false pretences.
7) He attempted to sabotage Stirling soaps
8) created a smear campaign against Maggards on reddit
9) tried deleting evidence of his crimes when people called him out. some folks manged to screenshot stuff before he got rid of them.

This gentlemen, is not a man who has made a few mistakes and deserves a second chance. this is a deeply unsavoury character who deserves to go out of business and not make any further money off our community or anyone else's for that matter. he has done nothing but divide the community and create animosity between friends and vendors.

He also claimed to be ex CIA, started a website for Veteran wetshavers.

When caught and called out, he tried deleting all of the stuff but screenshots were taken, links archived, etc. He then admitted and apologized but his apologies were nothing more than rants painting himself as the victim.

the wiki on PAA with many links to follow. https://www.reddit.com/r/Wetshaving/comm...utrements/

So go ahead, defend him, buy his products, give him a fifth chance. Do whatever, except attack the messenger!

0 130
 12-19-2018, 10:46 AM
User Info
I defend or attack no one...as I wrote, I believe little that I read, some that I see and nothing that I hear. All this was b/4 my membership here. I do appreciate this knowledge,
it may effect my decisions in the future..... Cheers

1 1,073
 12-21-2018, 09:42 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Not gonna lie... this one, called Magi, sounds amazing.

Scent Profile: Frankincense, Myrrh, Tobacco Absolute, Thyme, Coumarin, Chamomile, Rose, Lavender and Benzoin.

90 3,763
 12-21-2018, 10:42 AM
User Info
Magi's scent profile is uncannily similar to my Meditation LE...  I developed the scent profile with r/wetshaving back in September...

0 433
 12-21-2018, 03:41 PM
  • Nero
User Info
According to the site, this is the sixth year for Magi.

90 3,763
 12-29-2018, 12:13 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I have found that this soap CK-6 for my skin and blade is excellent. All the soaps I use are tallow except for SV and now I have added CK-6. To create a lather for me with this soap takes 8-10 swirls (this soap is 5oz and I use half of what I use to lather up with most other soaps) this soap explodes as you add water to your lathering, this soap layers a lovely slick coat for the blade to glide and has wonderful moisturizing properties. I always use a balm afterward, never utilize the soap to do what a balm is meant to do. As for the price, almost every company (there are a few that don't) has soap in the $20. range. 

As far as the soap I have 2 tubs the Ox Blood and Orange I like the scents they are not too strong which I like. As far as adding any more CK-6 I don't see myself getting another these 2 will last me a long time in my rotation.

60 758
 12-29-2018, 02:32 PM
User Info
(12-29-2018, 12:13 PM)bijou Wrote: I have found that this soap CK-6 for my skin and blade is excellent. All the soaps I use are tallow except for SV and now I have added CK-6. To create a lather for me with this soap takes 8-10 swirls (this soap is 5oz and I use half of what I use to lather up with most other soaps) this soap explodes as you add water to your lathering, this soap layers a lovely slick coat for the blade to glide and has wonderful moisturizing properties. I always use a balm afterward, never utilize the soap to do what a balm is meant to do. As for the price, almost every company (there are a few that don't) has soap in the $20. range. 

As far as the soap I have 2 tubs the Ox Blood and Orange I like the scents they are not too strong which I like. As far as adding any more CK-6 I don't see myself getting another these 2 will last me a long time in my rotation.

I agree, and love the residual slickness...among the best out there in my opinion!

Vr

Matt

29 1,471
 01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
User Info
I’m a sucker for Creed Aventus. And well, the recently released new Gray Label Doppelgänger CK-6 formula with the famed Creed Aventus scent was available so, I bit. I really wasn’t going to purchase another CK-6 soap but, I can’t resist the Aventus elixir. And honestly, this one delivers in the scent especially with the cologne/as splash and Star Jelly gel. As I’ve stated before, much better than average in performance and the scent is pretty good with decent projection and good longevity. I used a bit more product than usual with the soap and the lather was actually very good with excellent slickness and protection. Post shave was still just a notch below compared to my tallow based soaps but, very respectable. Another really good addition to PAA’s CK-6 line....

[Image: 1ZQxuVF.jpg]

1 265
 01-08-2019, 03:36 PM
User Info
(01-08-2019, 03:03 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote: I’m a sucker for Creed Aventus. And well, the recently released new Gray Label Doppelgänger CK-6 formula with the famed Creed Aventus scent was available so, I bit. I really wasn’t going to purchase another CK-6 soap but, I can’t resist the Aventus elixir. And honestly, this one delivers in the scent especially with the cologne/as splash and Star Jelly gel. As I’ve stated before, much better than average in performance and the scent is pretty good with decent projection and good longevity. I used a bit more product than usual with the soap and the lather was actually very good with excellent slickness and protection. Post shave was still just a notch below compared to my tallow based soaps but, very respectable. Another really good addition to PAA’s CK-6 line....

I have the Sartorial clone in CK-6, and I have to dress to the 9s tomorrow. I am torn between the fragrances of Sartorial and the Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender. It may have to be a game time decision!

Vr

Matt

29 1,471
 01-08-2019, 05:40 PM
User Info
(01-08-2019, 03:36 PM)Ols67 Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 03:03 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote: I’m a sucker for Creed Aventus. And well, the recently released new Gray Label Doppelgänger CK-6 formula with the famed Creed Aventus scent was available so, I bit. I really wasn’t going to purchase another CK-6 soap but, I can’t resist the Aventus elixir. And honestly, this one delivers in the scent especially with the cologne/as splash and Star Jelly gel. As I’ve stated before, much better than average in performance and the scent is pretty good with decent projection and good longevity. I used a bit more product than usual with the soap and the lather was actually very good with excellent slickness and protection. Post shave was still just a notch below compared to my tallow based soaps but, very respectable. Another really good addition to PAA’s CK-6 line....

I have the Sartorial clone in CK-6, and I have to dress to the 9s tomorrow. I am torn between the fragrances of Sartorial and the Barrister and Mann Reserve Lavender. It may have to be a game time decision!

Vr

Matt

Rock, Paper, Scissors...... It always comes through for me.

1 265
 01-20-2019, 09:38 AM
User Info
I received the ox blood label(Sartorial Dupe) for Christmas,the scent is not in my wheel house but OMG the performance is fantastic!!!!
I have not used any other soap since,Slickness,protection and post shave is all there in spades for me.Going to order the gray and black label sets soon.

6 16