01-23-2019, 07:46 AM
User Info
(01-23-2019, 06:32 AM)Roy Wrote: I am a fan of Saponificio varesino soap.  Can anyone compare the two, if used SV . If not,, can anyone 'sell 'me Mdc soaps.

For me it's mostly a preference in scents. I have gifted most of my SV soaps although I still retain two. Since MDC made it's way into my den, all other soap acquisitions have ceased, I enjoy it that much. I only regret waiting as long as I did.
I'm eagerly awaiting Steves report on the Vetiver.

0 28
 01-24-2019, 09:55 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
It arrived this morning but after I’d shaved, however, I don’t think the performance is something that’s in doubt - it should lather and shave like well, MdC.

The scent is a light grassy, earthy scent, with maybe a hint of heavy mint or spicy woodiness. There’s no smoke, no campfire here, and no benzoin that I can tell. It is not strongly scented as artisan soaps go. Caveat emptor, I’m in the Tennessee river valley and it’s winter, so maybe my nose isn’t at its best and I do perceive scents differently over time. But I don’t believe anyone would dispute the earthy grassy with no smoke and no benzoin part, or that it is not heavily scented.

Cheers, Steve

7 664
 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM
User Info
(01-20-2019, 11:35 AM)Uncas Wrote: I would enjoy hearing any favored aftershave parings for the MDC Vetiver, if anyone would care to share.
I have several vetiver fragrances that pair well and i enjoy them all :

Lalique Encre Noir [great price]
Guerlain Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Dyptique vetivyro [spelling?]
Federic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire [very expensive- but earthy]
Chanel Sycomore
Hermes, Terre de Hermes

the Fine aftershaves that are vetiver based are exceptional imo.

Guerlain I think is the best value. A true classic, and can be worn all year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

0 227