12-13-2018, 04:53 PM
User Info
I opened another today.....Tossed after 3 strokes !!!! This is the crappiest blade I have ever used!

1 1,073
 12-16-2018, 09:13 AM
User Info
Hate em, save your money!

0 87
 12-17-2018, 04:58 PM
User Info
I'm being asked by the seller of these horrible blades to change my review of the BIC blades.
He's playing the "hurting my family" card. I told him I was sorry, my review was on the BIC blades,
not on him.

1 1,073
 12-18-2018, 02:02 AM
User Info
(12-17-2018, 04:58 PM)zipper Wrote: I'm being asked by the seller of these horrible blades to change my review of the BIC blades.
He's playing the "hurting my family" card. I told him I was sorry, my review was on the BIC blades,
not on him.

Honesty goes a long way in life... he might feel that you're hurting his business, yet you're protecting all those who might buy from him and be disappointed.

3 6,673
 02-04-2019, 06:05 AM
User Info
It's 2019...…...Why not try another tuck. Be fair..... Angel 
OK.....I did.... Nono

LOUSY BLADE...…..WORST BLADE I HAVE EVER USED... Angry

1 1,073
 02-04-2019, 08:54 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
These are made in Greece as you know. Believe it or not, they're not widely available. On the contrary, Bic Astors are almost everywhere. 

BCP are good blades IMHO, far better than the Astors. I do have some tucks and use them mainly with the WR1. I get wonderful shaves.

It's a pretty sharp blade, sharper than the Astras. I like them and I always have a few around.

I really don't know what to say about the OP experience, blades are a pretty subjective issue.

It's certainly not the worst blade, actually there are many good reviews on forums and vendors' sites. If they were indeed the worst, then what would we have to say about the Derbys?

60 2,621
 02-04-2019, 12:13 PM
User Info
(02-04-2019, 08:54 AM)nikos.a Wrote: These are made in Greece as you know. Believe it or not, they're not widely available. On the contrary, Bic Astors are almost everywhere. 

BCP are good blades IMHO, far better than the Astors. I do have some tucks and use them mainly with the WR1. I get wonderful shaves.

It's a pretty sharp blade, sharper than the Astras. I like them and I always have a few around.

I really don't know what to say about the OP experience, blades are a pretty subjective issue.

It's certainly not the worst blade, actually there are many good reviews on forums and vendors' sites. If they were indeed the worst, then what would we have to say about the Derbys?

I will admit that the 100 blades I have may have been made during a holiday event, and the quality control employees were hung over or perhaps sabotage by a disgruntled worker.
These ARE worse than Derbys…..Astors Are BETTER than these blades.

1 1,073
 03-18-2019, 05:02 AM
User Info
You can't say I'm not fair. Opened a new tuck (5 so far)…..Lousy blade!! Now, I've used a few brands, Astor, Treets, Falcon, Shark,
Rockwell, Viking's Sword, Trig, Tiger, Q-Shave and probably every blade you know and use. BUT, THIS IS THE WORST BLADE.
I can not get a shave out of this blade. Someone had to have been asleep when these were made.
[Image: sap4TR9.jpg]
I can't imagine a company intentionally making a blade THIS BAD.

1 1,073
 03-19-2019, 07:34 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
I've tried those - mine were made in Greece as well.

The only positive thing I can say I remember about them is that they didn't rust.  

I've been going through my store of supplies lately and came upon an unopened tuck ...went right into the recycle bin.

15 174
 03-20-2019, 01:02 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
These are only made in Greece.

No company makes any product intentionally bad.

It doesn't suit you. I don't get why you "have to" like a blade. Move on. That's what I'd do.

BCP are very sharp blades though.

60 2,621
 03-20-2019, 02:22 AM
User Info
(03-20-2019, 01:02 AM)nikos.a Wrote: These are only made in Greece.

No company makes any product intentionally bad.

It doesn't suit you. I don't get why you "have to" like a blade. Move on. That's what I'd do.

BCP are very sharp blades though.

It has nothing to do with "suiting " me....It has to do with being a S*&##Y BLADE.
It is mainly about POOR QUALITY CONTROL or LACK OF QUALITY CONTROL.
And BCP, based upon my 100 blades are NOT sharp blades. My statements here
are not my opinion, they are a FACT. A fact is different from an opinion.
All I'm trying to do is alert members of a gamble they are taking with these blades.

1 1,073
 03-20-2019, 02:37 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
It's s%^&* for you. The blade is not s%^&/. I can only accept such statements from newbies. I could also quote several posts and threads that suggest otherwise.

I use it exclusively with my WR1 (0.61) and get wonderful shaves.

You can't really judge a blade based on other people's observations, so let them try for themselves.

We got it. You don't like it. Thanks for your service

60 2,621
 03-28-2019, 10:53 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I bought a new pack of 5 yesterday from a Greek vendor that supplies most of the barbershops and shaving vendors in Greece. He's located in Athens. I wanted to see for myself if anything has actually changed regarding the performance.

Fortunately, I didn't detect any difference. I use these blades exclusively with my WR1, because they're sharp and the razor is mild (0,61 gap). They make a nice combo. Today I had my second shave. I change the blade after 3-4 shaves. DE blades are so cheap anyway.

Like I said, blade preference is a subjective thing, not all suit to everyone. That's why you have to test a few to see what your skin prefers. At least we have choices in the DE world.

(I'm in no way affiliated with the company, they don't even know I exist lol)

60 2,621
 03-28-2019, 03:43 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Anyone still reading this thread? 

I want to see two things:

1.  Zipper send one of his packs to Nikos
2.  Nikos send one of his packs to Zipper. 
3.  Shave-OFF!

It's one thing to have a blade perform poorly when you are starting out.  There are many variables that come into play. 
But - I have never heard or seen a blade as variable from one experienced shaver to another as these BICs.  

Makes me ponder a couple things:
1.  Is the water in the US very different from the water in Greece?
2.  Was there a run at the BIC factory that produced a few weeks of some less than optimal blades that were shipped to the US, and we haven't worked through that stock yet to get to the good ones?  A blade factory produces what, several million blades in a week?  I've noticed that the packaging for England, for example, are Orange, not yellow. 

I think the fascination with these blades is that they are branded BIC, and are made in Greece.  People want to like them, and are very disappointed when they don't. 
The old white handled single-edge BIC disposables weren't terrible, and they even made at least one very good single edge disposable - the "Metal". 

I've also noticed if you go to bic's home page there's no mention of razor blades.  Its like this is a forgotten factory or something.

15 174
 03-28-2019, 03:59 PM
User Info
The BiC DEs and disposables I've tried aren't for me... Too tuggy.  But to anyone who likes them, I'd say "keep using them if they work for you."

0 1,198
 03-28-2019, 04:18 PM
User Info
(03-28-2019, 03:43 PM)norton Wrote: Anyone still reading this thread? 

3.  Shave-OFF!

I was thinking about the same thing. It would be interesting to compare.

But jmudrick was sent a tuck by zipper and he found out that they were not the same as the one he have himself.

0 243
 03-28-2019, 04:42 PM
User Info

3.  Shave-OFF!

It's one thing to have a blade perform poorly when you are starting out.  There are many variables that come into play. 
But - I have never heard or seen a blade as variable from one experienced shaver to another as these BICs.  

Makes me ponder a couple things:
1.  Is the water in the US very different from the water in Greece?
2.  Was there a run at the BIC factory that produced a few weeks of some less than optimal blades that were shipped to the US, and we haven't worked through that stock yet to get to the good ones?  A blade factory produces what, several million blades in a week?  I've noticed that the packaging for England, for example, are Orange, not yellow. 

I think the fascination with these blades is that they are branded BIC, and are made in Greece.  People want to like them, and are very disappointed when they don't. 
The old white handled single-edge BIC disposables weren't terrible, and they even made at least one very good single edge disposable - the "Metal". 

I've also noticed if you go to bic's home page there's no mention of razor blades.  Its like this is a forgotten factory or something.
I had thought about this too. But from his comments, I don't think he can be fair. If you read all, I sent a sample out to another person. If you'd like I'll send you a couple.

1 1,073
 03-28-2019, 07:21 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
(03-28-2019, 04:18 PM)ImJustMe Wrote:

3.  Shave-OFF!

I was thinking about the same thing. It would be interesting to compare.

But jmudrick was sent a tuck by zipper and he found out that they were not the same as the one he have himself.

Ah, thank you - I missed that earlier in the thread.  

That would seem to explain the variation between experienced DE users with these blades.  It would appear that we have a case of the blades
Zipper tried not being the same as jmruddick's.  And it would follow that, possibly, they are not the same as the ones nikos.a enjoys.

I'm not sure if it's a matter of being fair.  I think it's a case of the blades not being the same, which makes a lot more sense given the wide range of
feedback than just chalking it up to 'YMMV'.  Is there more than one machine making these blades?  More than one factory?  I have no idea. 

Zipper - thank you for the generous offer - But I believe I already have some from a similar lot as the ones you tried.  Like I said, people want to like them. 

Maybe someone who has had good experiences with these blades could send Zipper a couple of their blades to try - if they haven't already.

15 174
 03-28-2019, 09:52 PM
User Info
(03-28-2019, 03:43 PM)norton Wrote: It's one thing to have a blade perform poorly when you are starting out.  There are many variables that come into play. 

The only thing that is consistent, is the disagreement on what works well and what does not Smile

36 1,916
 03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Zipper said "I don't think he can be fair" referring to me. Nice.
I could easily say the same about him. It's the first time I see someone wanting to like a blade so much that he buys 100s to prove that he is right. So would he be honest if I send him a pack? I highly doubt that.

Don't get me wrong. He made me think that way the moment he said that I can't be fair. Maybe he knows he can't be fair and thinks the same applies to all of us.

60 2,621