11-28-2018, 03:31 PM
User Info
I love aggressive DE razors and I shave every day.  In the 3 years that I have been shaving with DE's, I have picked up 2 Charcoal Goods OC lvl 3's, a Muhle R-41(2013), a 0.95 Timeless OC, a 0.91 Wolfman OC, and a Merkur Futur.

Out of all of those I would rank the Charcoal Goods lvl 3, Muhle r41, and the Merkur Futur the most aggressive for me.  The Timeless and Wolfman are just slightly below them IMO.
When Stan announced the 50% off sale, I couldn't resist and ordered a H2 head.  I used a heavy WCS handle.

This morning I used the head to shave.
I used ToBS Mr. Taylor shaving cream and WCS Fougere Noir to do a superlather.  I used a Rooney Victorian brush to face lather. 
I loaded up a Gillette 7'oclock black (4 uses before)
Then I did a 3 pass shave.  It was great! 

Using no pressure or weight was the key to a BBS shave with this razor.  Normally, I do get nicks with the 7'o clock black but I didn't today(maybe because I had used the blade 4 times already).

So if anyone likes aggressive razors this is a great razor to use.  I know that the Above the Tie razor doesn't get the write-ups and the discussions in the forum like some of the other brands but it is a great razor.

0 402
 11-28-2018, 03:37 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Good to hear you liked the ATT. I shaved with my new R1 last night and really enjoyed it. I’ll bet Stan sold a bunch of razors with his half off sale!

10 3,159
 11-30-2018, 04:42 PM
User Info
I like the H1 better than the H2, personally.  Something about the geometry of the teeth doesn't agree with me.  I prefer the teeth on my Fatip.

1 309
 11-30-2018, 07:55 PM
User Info
When I was DE shaving, I got extremely close shaves with the H1 & H2. That was a fantastic sale recently!

31 1,624
 12-01-2018, 05:46 AM
User Info
My Kronos H1 arrived yesterday and used it this morning. Great shaving razor very smooth. It appears the Kronos & Atlas matte finished razors are no longer in production thus the 50% off Black Friday sale. I could be wrong. The Windsor models are taking over. Only the Atlas remains for sale. 

141 13,823