11-28-2018, 07:37 PM
User Info
I’m a head shaver and have shaved my dome since 2006.

Funnily enough I find my head hair area far less sensitive than my beard area, so I can use my less than great performing shaving creams and soaps for my head shaves (for instance TOBS creams and Mondial soaps)

I don’t need the same amount of protection, when I shave my head.

I routinely shave my head clean at least twice a week.

What is your routine and when did you start to shave your head ?

[Image: 53e2ceae39b035b113aabe082e555489.jpg]

25 6,431
 11-28-2018, 07:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Thank you for starting this thread, Claus. I’ll be following the conversation. I’m pretty bald on top, but still have plenty of hair on the sides and back. Honestly, I’m fearful of shaving my head, first emotionally and also from the physical standpoint of not being able to see what I’m doing. That, and my scalp where bald has little dermatologic ‘bumps’. I’m concerned about messing with them by scraping sharp steel across them. But on the other hand, I think on many men the shaved head looks better than the balding head. Conflicted...

10 3,155
 11-28-2018, 08:38 PM
User Info
I started shaving my head with a DE, eight years ago, once I started using DEs to shave my face. 
Every night, I principally use my Chubby 2 Synthetics, my main soap and the Rex Ambassador, usually, set on 2.5; 
three passes with touch-ups, especially, on the sides and back as the top of the head doesn't need as much as I don't have much hair left there. Smile

89 21,229
 11-29-2018, 12:35 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Daily head shaver, like Claus I find the head far less sensitive then my face, I have some bumps and scars on there but know what razors work best for me to avoid cuts on those places (Blackbird, Charcoal, Feather DX, straights). Just one pass WTG and one ATG and I'm as smooth as a billiard ball.

32 1,566
 11-29-2018, 01:03 AM
User Info
I just recently started letting my hair grow out again but I was head shaving for about 3.5 years after cutting my hair. DEs weren't ever my preferred choice for head shaving compared to a Gillette Guard. My best results usually came from a slightly denser lather and one that provided excellent residual slickness. Normal brush would be a bulb shaped silvertip as it provided more appropriate lathering, or better said, I could do circles on the head longer without over aerating the lather. A couple other notes I can add is that I would head lather (create the foam) for quite a bit to really exfoliate and to also fully hydrate the lather. I usually wouldn't have issues with the quality of post shave if I decided to skip a shower and shave first.

83 1,628
 11-29-2018, 02:28 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
DE razor: Tatara SB/OC or Wolfman SB/OC
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: varies (badger, boar, synthetic)
Soap/cream: varies
Aftershave: AdP ASL/ASB

2 passes (XTG/ATG) and touchups.

I dome shave 2-3 times per week.
Here too the dome hairs are much easier to contend with compared to my face/neck hairs.

102 18,714
 11-29-2018, 08:58 AM
User Info
Two ATG passes daily in the morning, razors and blades vary daily. Occasionally a single pass ATG plus touch ups will be sufficient but I like to get to BBS.

2 362
 11-29-2018, 09:29 AM
User Info
I prefer the Gillette Guard for my head shaves.  The brush and cream varies with each shave and usually matches to my aftershave and cologne for the day.  I've been shaving the noggin' for about 10 years.

58 174
 11-30-2018, 04:40 PM
User Info
Single pass WTG 2 - 3 times a week using a fairly aggressive razor.  It took me 12 laser treatments to get to that point, though.  I went through laser to get rid of folliculitis and constant antibiotic treatments.

1 309