11-29-2018, 10:02 AM
User Info
I received my Nuavia Nera order this week.  I you like the verde schent, you will also like the Nera.  Sort of similar, but the Nera is a little bit stronger, sllightly more complex.  It is nowhere near as strong as the Blu, which I actually do not like, but most people do.  In my 5 years of wetshaving, I have to say Nuavia is one of the best soaps I have tried so far.  IMHO, it is better than the MDC soaps.  Some on the site complain about refill pucks not being available for Nuavia.  It is priced similar to MDC (with shipping) and no one complains about refill pucks for that, so think of it as you are getting a free ceramic container everytime you buy a Nuavia soap.  (BTW, young kids like playing with those containers when you have finished off the soap).  

I am thinking of trying the Rossa scent.  Does anyone have a opinion/review of it?  

Take care,

NP

1 88
 11-29-2018, 11:43 AM
User Info
To me the Nera scent is in the same wheelhouse as Polo Black.  I'll pair it with that whenever I use it.  

As far as the Rossa scent goes I like it quite a bit.  Their Blue is my favorite scent and in my opinion the very best shaving soap scent made thus far.  I like the Rossa almost as much.  Not quite as much as the Blue but more so than the Nera and Verde.  It's a more complex scent like the Blue is, but with some sandlewood and woody notes to it.  For me the Rossa is a nice pairing with Amouage Jubilation XXV but others have stated that it pairs well with the Amouage Epic Man scent a bit better.  Not sure if you've smelled either of those.  

Definitely a scent you should try if you're fond of the Nuavia soaps.   I'd rank the scents from most to least favorite at Blue, Rossa, Nera, then Verde with all of them being outstanding.

0 70
 11-29-2018, 04:05 PM
User Info
I would agree with @dfoulk in that the Blu and Rossa are superb scents. 
It is a wonderful veggie soap, but I have gone through it much quicker than MdC which would make it more expensive, but that is irrelevant if you enjoy the soap. Smile

89 21,229
 11-29-2018, 04:10 PM
User Info
I have Rossa nd Blu and prefer the Rossa but they are both great scents to me. Rossa is probably one of my top 5 or so scented shave soaps

4 981
 11-29-2018, 04:33 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Rossa is great.  Nice woody, oud, Sandalwood thing going on.  I love pairing it with Art of Shaving sandalwood and Cedarwood EDT.

26 699
 11-29-2018, 05:35 PM
User Info
Celestino, is correct about MDC lasting longer than Nuavia, which is much softer than MDC.   I started using synthetic brushes for the Nuavia. The softer tips don't  seem to use as much of the product as a boar or stiff badger would and I still get great lather with my synthetic brushes.  Seems like I am being talked into buying the Rossa too.

1 88
 11-29-2018, 06:45 PM
User Info
(11-29-2018, 05:35 PM)petropn Wrote: Celestino, is correct about MDC lasting longer than Nuavia, which is much softer than MDC.   I started using synthetic brushes for the Nuavia. The softer tips don't  seem to use as much of the product as a boar or stiff badger would and I still get great lather with my synthetic brushes.  Seems like I am being talked into buying the Rossa too.

It is a superb scent, for me, and I believe you would enjoy it. Smile

89 21,229
 11-30-2018, 07:48 AM
User Info
Rossa is awesome. Pairs much better with Amouage Epic Man than with Jubi. Perfect combo for Fall /winters.

I might go in for Blu some day soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,174