09-12-2012, 12:55 AM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
Well. Here my little special razor. I red at the other forum about a guy who tried the Fatip with a Merkur topplate. The Lord l6 topplate is said to be a copy so i made a experiment. It feels less agressive now, but still gives a very close smooth shave. The handle is from a chinese cheapy called BigRoc. Its quite heavy and all in all i now have a 80 gr effective still gentle frankenrazor with those parts.

[Image: 6g6f1.jpg]

[Image: LvDC2.jpg]

0 284
 09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Interesting. If that works for you, that is the important thing.

173 23,493
 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
What Johnny said. Looks good too!

88 4,233
 09-12-2012, 10:15 AM
User Info
Interesting looking razor. If it works for you, then fantastic!

75 20,883
 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
Thank you guys! Well actually it worked just fine until today when i received my Cadet oc razor. I dont have that much space for my razors in the bathroom so i keep a strict max 6 razors in rotaion and this just became the weakest link.

0 284
 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
So the razor is now you see now you don't. The Cadets are great shavers.

100 12,438
 09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
User Info
Well, I still find it interesting! I never heard of anyone doing that intentionally, but why not? If it works and you like it that's all that counts.

32 6,308
 09-13-2012, 01:11 AM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
Nearly everyone here tell me that "if its work for you" and i cant help to wonder if its the carrot orange colour of the handle or the less blade appearences seen, you have doubt about? ;-)

Then it comes to the coloured handle i can certanly agree that its a bit screaming. I could probably remove the plastic if i wanted. Its just thin overlay on the metal shaft. I havent decided yet. I kind of like the orange colour for the moment.

And if its the blade appearances. Its actually still a remarkable effective haircutter if i hold it in the right angle while shaving.
Less then the Fatip Grande but still good.

Now the Cadet oc that came yesterday shoots anything i have out of the water. Or lather... Wink Its just extremly good for removing hair and still yet easy to handle. Maybe not really NEW easiness (As i claimed yesterday after my first shave) but far more comfortable and safer than the Fatip Grande. I get a feeling i can handle this easy and riskfree if i take it slow and being gentle. I shaved with it this morning and it was a awsome close shave. Still very smooth and nick free.

So yes my frankenFatip suddenly looked like the Facit mechanical calculators against the japaneese electronic ones, in the 70´s.

0 284
 09-14-2012, 06:02 PM
User Info
Johan, for me it's not the color mismatch. I have a number of frankenrazors with mismatched colors.

It's the mix and match head parts I was referring to. Obviously they work, but not all head parts, even from the same manufacturer work correctly together.

I recently bought a Muhle '11 R41 head from a gent. He mistakenly sent the wrong Muhle top for the base. I never even caught it even when I knew what I was looking for. But clearly the cap wasn't right once I was clued in better. Would it have worked? Maybe. I never did try it even though he suggested to me that I should give it a try. It did "look" OK, but clearly the angle wouldn't have been right because of the cap.

I have no idea why others wrote that, but now you know why I did.

32 6,308
 09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
Thank you, ShadowsDad. When i know atleast who you see it!
I´m planning to switch back to the Fatip Grande anyway. I want to conquer it in the future. Cool

0 284
 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM
User Info
Fatip is my favourite razor.
Love that stuff- it is actually brass, which rhymes with class.
Pure Italian class. Give me that, a broken in Semogue 1305 and Pannacrema or a selection of Razorock soaps and I will start shaving on the spot. Nice!

21 1,175