07-09-2020, 05:51 PM
User Info
Rereading the thread it made me wonder if I had ever seen a butterscotch Rooney Beehive. Didn't have one saved on my hard drive, but a quick search under butterscotch rooney beehive shaving brush gave the results wanted. Bullgoose happens to have been the seller of the brush for my first search result. 
[Image: Ztgc1Aw.jpg]

33 997
 07-09-2020, 06:57 PM
  • ChiefBroom
  • Chief of Dark Holler
  • Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
User Info
(07-09-2020, 05:51 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Rereading the thread it made me wonder if I had ever seen a butterscotch Rooney Beehive. Didn't have one saved on my hard drive, but a quick search under butterscotch rooney beehive shaving brush gave the results wanted. Bullgoose happens to have been the seller of the brush for my first search result. 

I've seen several, both seven-beaded and eight-beaded. I sent a photo of an eight-beaded, butterscotch Rooney Beehive to Lee in November of 2013 and asked if he could approximately date it. His guess was that it was made in the 70s, but I've seen examples that looked older to me.

3 1,702
 07-10-2020, 01:22 PM
  • timwcic
  • St Petersburg, Fl
User Info
(07-09-2020, 05:51 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: Rereading the thread it made me wonder if I had ever seen a butterscotch Rooney Beehive. Didn't have one saved on my hard drive, but a quick search under butterscotch rooney beehive shaving brush gave the results wanted. Bullgoose happens to have been the seller of the brush for my first search result. 
[Image: Ztgc1Aw.jpg]

(07-09-2020, 06:57 PM)ChiefBroom Wrote:

I've seen several, both seven-beaded and eight-beaded. I sent a photo of an eight-beaded, butterscotch Rooney Beehive to Lee in November of 2013 and asked if he could approximately date it. His guess was that it was made in the 70s, but I've seen examples that looked older to me.

I posted this Beehive earlier is this thread a few years ago. It has been in my den for some time. It came to me as never being used. It came in the older Rooney red two piece box. It tested positive for Bakelite/Catalin and has the older “R” stamped on the bottom. No labels or writing on the box to help date. I always guessed it was 60’s, maybe early 70’s

[Image: ZJl8SaU.jpg]

[Image: M05Iz8a.jpg]

8 274
 07-10-2020, 02:20 PM
User Info
A quick question about older Rooneys. I have a couple keyhole
butterscotch brushes with the " England" stamp on the bottom.
They are very floppy. Good for display but not much backbone for
making/applying lather. Is this a characteristic of most older Rooneys
(or older brushes in general)? Is this due to the badger hair quality of
my particular brushes? Is the strong backbone of many of today's
high quality brushes a modern development? Sorry, if these are
novice questions...

1 19
 07-10-2020, 04:47 PM
  • ChiefBroom
  • Chief of Dark Holler
  • Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
User Info
(07-10-2020, 01:22 PM)timwcic Wrote: I posted this Beehive earlier is this thread a few years ago. It has been in my den for some time. It came to me as never being used. It came in the older Rooney red two piece box. It tested positive for Bakelite/Catalin and has the older “R” stamped on the bottom. No labels or writing on the box to help date. I always guessed it was 60’s, maybe early 70’s

I want it!!!!

3 1,702
 07-10-2020, 11:02 PM
User Info
Boar no less on that Beehive. Quite nice to see boar represented!

33 997
 07-15-2020, 05:14 PM
User Info
(07-10-2020, 04:47 PM)ChiefBroom Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 01:22 PM)timwcic Wrote: I posted this Beehive earlier is this thread a few years ago. It has been in my den for some time. It came to me as never being used. It came in the older Rooney red two piece box. It tested positive for Bakelite/Catalin and has the older “R” stamped on the bottom. No labels or writing on the box to help date. I always guessed it was 60’s, maybe early 70’s

I want it!!!!
Me too. That's an excellent brush considering its age, especially.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5 246