12-15-2018, 11:46 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The White Evolution is the newest synthetic brush offering from Plisson. With a 22mm knot and about a 57 mm loft, the brush is splay heaven. It devours the face. There is no glue bump, which is a big plus for me. The modestly dense knot sits in the classic Plisson handle. This is a lovely brush. The only negative mark on the brush is the tips. They are soft, but not soft enough for my ultra sensitive skin. Even a hint of “scritch” feels uncomfortable for me. That’s why I am letting the brush go after only a handful of shaves. The brush cost $99 shipped directly from Plisson. Your price is $60 shipped U.S. PayPal is fine. No trades, please. Thanks. 
[Image: GIPoeFY.jpg]

186 3,876
 12-15-2018, 12:13 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Obie, if you’re looking for Zero scritch consider the Mother Lode knot from Elite Razors. It’s heavenly.

10 3,314
 12-15-2018, 12:27 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(12-15-2018, 12:13 PM)chazt Wrote: Obie, if you’re looking for Zero scritch consider the Mother Lode knot from Elite Razors. It’s heavenly.
Thank you, Charlie.

186 3,876
 12-15-2018, 01:26 PM
User Info
Ughhhh, that brush looks heavenly and even though I'm pairing down, this is worth a serious consideration. If I had more funds, I would jump on this! GLWTS Obie  Smile

84 1,670
 12-15-2018, 01:37 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(12-15-2018, 01:26 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Ughhhh, that brush looks heavenly and even though I'm pairing down, this is worth a serious consideration. If I had more funds, I would jump on this! GLWTS Obie  Smile
I know what you mean. It is an impressive brush. With my ultra sensitive skin — new dress shirts must be washed several times before I can wear them, and I sure can't wear wool sweaters — even the least amount of "scritch" bothers my skin. And this one has just a tiny amount of "scritch."

186 3,876
 12-15-2018, 02:33 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
Man, I've yet to find a synth that I like, because I find them too soft. Maybe this is one I should try.

7 665
 12-15-2018, 03:00 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(12-15-2018, 02:33 PM)Puma Wrote: Man, I've yet to find a synth that I like, because I find them too soft. Maybe this is one I should try.
Puma,
The knot on the brush is not very dense. So you'll have minimal backbone. The brush splays beautifully, enough to make it luxurious. Also, as I have noted, the tips have a hint of "scritch." If you're looking for a synthetic brush with solid backbone, the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic would suit your taste.

186 3,876
 12-16-2018, 12:40 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I like the new evolution brush a lot, have several, unless you have very sensitive skin this is a great brush. glwts

34 1,582
 12-16-2018, 05:31 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(12-15-2018, 03:00 PM)Obie Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 02:33 PM)Puma Wrote: Man, I've yet to find a synth that I like, because I find them too soft. Maybe this is one I should try.
Puma,
The knot on the brush is not very dense. So you'll have minimal backbone. The brush splays beautifully, enough to make it luxurious. Also, as I have noted, the tips have a hint of "scritch." If you're looking for a synthetic brush with solid backbone, the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic would suit your taste.

I've been seriously considering a CH-2 synth.

7 665
 12-16-2018, 07:23 AM
User Info
Puma - The CH2 synth could be just what you're looking for. I have one, and it's better (for me) than the CH2 badger brushes. Excellent backbone, amazing density, and still with comfortable tips. 

Obie - I'm interested in this Plisson, but didn't care for the flop in the older L'OC Plisson synthetic brush. Is the Evolution knot really as sparse as that older one? You say it is splay heaven, so I assume it's pretty much the same.

37 1,750
 12-16-2018, 10:12 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(12-16-2018, 07:23 AM)yohannrjm Wrote: Puma - The CH2 synth could be just what you're looking for. I have one, and it's better (for me) than the CH2 badger brushes. Excellent backbone, amazing density, and still with comfortable tips. 

Obie - I'm interested in this Plisson, but didn't care for the flop in the older L'OC Plisson synthetic brush. Is the Evolution knot really as sparse as that older one? You say it is splay heaven, so I assume it's pretty much the same.
Johann, my friend, how are you?

There is some similarity between the two Plisson brushes. First, both brushes produce copious lather, and both splay nicely. Also, both brushes are modestly dense, and have no glue bump which I like. What the Evolution has over the L'Occitane brush is the feel of the knot. The L'Occitane felt more like lathering with a nylon brush, whereas the Evolution has more of a silvertip badger feel. For me, that's strong distinction.

Overall, I do like the Evolution, especially the generous splay. I just wish the tips were a wee bit softer. No, the tips are not those found on a pure badger brush, which I abhor, or a boar, which I abhor even more; rather, on my ultra-sensitive skin, anything short of silky tips, such as those found on the Thater finest silvertip badger or the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic, will feel "scritchy."

On the other hand, I have started lathering in paint stroke motion. That tempers the "scritch" in the Evolution to a big degree, so much so that I may withdraw the brush by day's end and just keep it.

186 3,876