12-16-2018, 10:11 AM
User Info
As i browse these pages it is often suggested to do business with local artisans.. An idea that makes sense but i realize i dont know who my local artisans are.  So I'll put it out there....i live in Orange County.  Who is from socal?

0 9
 12-16-2018, 10:41 AM
User Info
We ship to So Cal if that helps you out.

4 1,102
 12-16-2018, 11:08 AM
User Info
Mickey Lee Soapworks are in San Diego
Los Angeles Shaving Soap co. Is now run by Ron from Chiseled Face, which is originally from Ramcho Cucomonga, moves shop to Riverside, but is now in Ohio. The LASSCo formula has been modified slightly since Ron has been making it. I don’t believe John is involved any longer.
Local Gent was in riverside I believe but are no longer in business from what I understand.
Obviously Bullgoose is in SoCal, but doesn’t make his own soap. Same with West Coast Shaving, although they have a well known artisan make their house brand.
I’m sure I haven’t covered every single artisan in SoCal, but that’s a good start.

8 469
 12-16-2018, 11:41 AM
User Info
(12-16-2018, 11:08 AM)vigilantesd Wrote: Mickey Lee Soapworks are in San Diego
Los Angeles Shaving Soap co. Is now run by Ron from Chiseled Face, which is originally from Ramcho Cucomonga, moves shop to Riverside, but is now in Ohio. The LASSCo formula has been modified slightly since Ron has been making it. I don’t believe John is involved any longer.
Local Gent was in riverside I believe but are no longer in business from what I understand.
Obviously Bullgoose is in SoCal, but doesn’t make his own soap. Same with West Coast Shaving, although they have a well known artisan make their house brand.
I’m sure I haven’t covered every single artisan in SoCal, but that’s a good start.

So from your list he would either have to wait until Bullgoose or West Coast Shaving started to make their own soaps or drive from the O.C. down to San Diego?  Makes sense.

0 123
 12-16-2018, 01:27 PM
User Info
(12-16-2018, 11:41 AM)LAParker Wrote:

So from your list he would either have to wait until Bullgoose or West Coast Shaving started to make their own soaps or drive from the O.C. down to San Diego?  Makes sense.
He asked for SoCal artisans, I gave him a list of who I knew of. Also MLS ships direct, they don’t have a shop. They’re also really nice people with a good product, so take that for whatever it’s worth.

8 469
 12-16-2018, 01:49 PM
User Info

WCS developed the scents with Chatillon Lux and has two artisans make the soaps with the fragrances with their regular formulas.  So somewhat local?  Bullgoose also has Asylum made to his specifications and it is very nice stuff as well.  Can't go wrong with Asylum.

0 388
 12-18-2018, 02:18 AM
User Info

You covered all the bases to my memory.

84 1,652
 12-18-2018, 09:58 PM
User Info
(12-18-2018, 02:18 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: You covered all the bases to my memory.

Another one I remembered is Storybook Soapworks. He was out of San Diego, shortly after his first release ‘Elysium’, he moved to Arizona. Not sure which city but still fairly local.

8 469