12-23-2018, 10:30 AM
User Info
I have an instinctive reluctance to embracing change, I can't remember it ever working out well for me. At least Boellis remains untouched so far.

0 41
 12-23-2018, 10:33 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(12-23-2018, 10:30 AM)Uncas Wrote: I have an instinctive reluctance to embracing change, I can't remember it ever working out well for me. At least Boellis remains untouched so far.

Agreed. Czech and Speake is my favorite soap and I would hate to see it go.

52 20,797
 12-23-2018, 03:35 PM
  • Nero
User Info
We should make an online petition to ask them to expand the line (not discontinue it).

89 3,727
 12-23-2018, 03:57 PM
User Info
I fear that at some point marketing decisions will be made at a level well above the soap makers pay grade.  When passion is no longer the driving force, much may be lost.

0 41
 12-23-2018, 04:12 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(12-23-2018, 12:32 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Good thing we have so many other great alternatives out there if they decide to change the Valobra formula for the worse......

Jabonman
CRSW
B&M
Mike’s
Catie’s
MDC
SDM
Sapo Varesino
Nuavia
Klar Seifen
Tabula Rasa
LPL
Castle Forbes
Tabac
Speick
Esbjerg
Meißner Tremonia

And even more I forgot to mention....

Signs011

11 805
 12-23-2018, 06:16 PM
User Info
I have made a decision to no longer chase dragons in wet shaving , if someone wants to make an item available for purchase that doesn’t require a list of special requirements , I’ll buy , I’ll never overpay or buy a cupboards worth of items anticipating a discountined product. I agree there are too many nice things out there to worry about a singular however great it may be.

84 1,740
 01-08-2019, 05:56 AM
User Info
Let's see what the future brings.

I really love Valobra hard shaving soap. If I had to use one and only shaving soap, Valobra would probably be my choice. That's how I Like Valobra.

However, there are plenty of other options. I Valobra goes the way of the dodo, I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm sure that it will be plenty of other good options.

2 5,572
 02-18-2019, 06:16 PM
  • Nero
User Info
Used AOS tallow unscented tonight, and that was the easiest shave in memory. It was the first soap I ever bought and maybe I should have stopped there haha.

89 3,727
 02-19-2019, 05:41 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I haven't tried valobra, is it much like what porasso is already producing, same price point, similar reviews. 

SOS and Brillo (soap infused steel wool) competed with each other even tho they were made by the same company. what 60ish year old US american can forget the pink vs blue cowboy shootout commercials

current corporate strategy would be to discontinue similar products or place them at different price points with "improved formulation" which usually ends with discontinuation of the new and "improved" and way overpriced product 

there are so many great soaps for every kind of face, is anybody using valobra on a regular basis? what does valobra do that makes it special. until today I have seen valobra mentioned briefly in posts. none of those mentions made me curious enough to find out the cost of a tub.

0 280
 02-19-2019, 06:47 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(12-23-2018, 10:33 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 10:30 AM)Uncas Wrote: I have an instinctive reluctance to embracing change, I can't remember it ever working out well for me. At least Boellis remains untouched so far.

Agreed. Czech and Speake is my favorite soap and I would hate to see it go.

I'm with you Phil. 

O&C is my favorite soap. 

Yes...others are excellent but I'd hate to see it go.

177 1,667
 02-19-2019, 07:36 AM
  • Nero
User Info
(02-19-2019, 05:41 AM)RyznRio Wrote: I haven't tried valobra, is it much like what porasso is already producing, same price point, similar reviews. 

SOS and Brillo (soap infused steel wool) competed with each other even tho they were made by the same company. what 60ish year old US american can forget the pink vs blue cowboy shootout commercials

current corporate strategy would be to discontinue similar products or place them at different price points with "improved formulation" which usually ends with discontinuation of the new and "improved" and way overpriced product 

there are so many great soaps for every kind of face, is anybody using valobra on a regular basis? what does valobra do that makes it special. until today I have seen valobra mentioned briefly in posts. none of those mentions made me curious enough to find out the cost of a tub.

Valobra and Proraso are not similar.

89 3,727
 02-19-2019, 07:48 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(12-23-2018, 06:16 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: I have made a decision to no longer chase dragons in wet shaving , if someone wants to make an item available for purchase that doesn’t require a list of special requirements , I’ll buy , I’ll never overpay or buy a cupboards worth of items anticipating a discountined product. I agree there are too many nice things out there to worry about a singular however great it may be.

An excellent approach! Now I need to do the same...

123 1,849
 02-19-2019, 08:28 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(02-19-2019, 05:41 AM)RyznRio Wrote: I haven't tried valobra, is it much like what porasso is already producing, same price point, similar reviews. 

What do you mean by saying "usually"? 

I don't believe this. These are assumptions/personal beliefs. Business doesn't work like this.

The target groups of these two brands are different. Proraso is a vfm brand that is easy to locate, while Valobra products are not sold everywhere. And they're already differently priced in Europe and I'm sure there is a price difference in the US as well. Proraso Green price varies from 2 to 4 euros. Valobra puck costs about 16 euros atm.

There were only two similarities about these brands. They are Italian cosmetic/shaving brands. And now they share another one, they are owned by the same corporation.

Being in the same portfolio does not mean that one brand has to go. Period. Ask any businessman/economist or use your logic.

I bet that nothing will change, but I couldn't care less if it does so.

Don't panic. It's soap.

60 2,593
 02-19-2019, 01:02 PM
User Info
Quote:Don't panic. It's soap.

The most important sentence in this thread.

1 504
 02-19-2019, 06:49 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I agree with Nikos. 

after learning a little about valobra it appears that porasso has purchased a high end shave soap who also produces a very successful bath soap. 

Porasso has extended and strengthened its business by adding a luxury brand to go with the working mans brand. 

i may never get the opportunity to use valobra. i am new to wet shaving and i already have pucks that have not been opened yet. 

after all its only soap

0 280