12-24-2018, 01:10 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
Last year, when we were in Oakland, we picked up a package (I think that the package was 12 oz. back then) of Jerimiah's Pick Holiday Blend.  We purchased it on spec at Piedmont Grocery.  

It turned out to be an exceptionally excellent coffee, but, as a seasonal release, we never again saw it at any store. 

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...#pid846244

It is back.  (Unfortunately, now in 10 oz. packaging.)

https <colon slash slash> jeremiahspick <dot> com <slash> product <slash> holiday-blend-2018 <slash>  

1 1,335
 12-24-2018, 01:22 PM
User Info
Piedmont Grocery. A local institution that's been there since at least 1960 and probably before. Located on Piedmont Ave, just down the street from the terminus of the Key System C Line streetcar. They used to be renowned for customer service. I wonder if they still deliver to individual homes as they used to back in the day.

17 385
 12-24-2018, 08:36 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
User Info
(12-24-2018, 01:22 PM)slackskin Wrote: Piedmont Grocery. A local institution that's been there since at least 1960 and probably before. Located on Piedmont Ave, just down the street from the terminus of the Key System C Line streetcar. They used to be renowned for customer service. I wonder if they still deliver to individual homes as they used to back in the day.

“It depends.”  

At the same time I posted to this forum, I advised my son, who lives on 41st near Webster, of the 2018 release.  Without delay, he rushed up to Piedmont Grocery, and — he tells me — bought the very last package of whole bean Holiday Blend in the store.

He did say that some packages of ground Holiday Blend remained on the shelf, though.

There is no indication that Jeremiah’s Pick has run put of inventory for on-line ordering, however. They ship FedEx Ground, $5.95 or $6.95, depending on quantity, which is pretty silly if you live up the street from Piedmont Grocery. But, based on last year’s offering, the Holiday Blend is an excellent coffee.

1 1,335
 12-25-2018, 02:13 PM
User Info
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look out for it next year. I still need to check out your recommendation of Sweet Maria’s, although I have no roasting equipment yet.

10 360
 12-25-2018, 04:35 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
User Info
(12-25-2018, 02:13 PM)Watson15 Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look out for it next year. I still need to check out your recommendation of Sweet Maria’s, although I have no roasting equipment yet.

Sweet Maria's also sells roasted whole-bean coffees, usually on alternate Thursdays.  They choose the varietal and roasting level; if their choice differs from what you would like, another choice will come along in two weeks.

1 1,335
 12-27-2018, 07:38 AM
User Info
(12-25-2018, 04:35 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 02:13 PM)Watson15 Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I’ll look out for it next year. I still need to check out your recommendation of Sweet Maria’s, although I have no roasting equipment yet.

Sweet Maria's also sells roasted whole-bean coffees, usually on alternate Thursdays.  They choose the varietal and roasting level; if their choice differs from what you would like, another choice will come along in two weeks.

Excellent— I will try them out shortly.

10 360