12-25-2018, 03:40 PM
User Info
My EJ 89L razor of 5 years was my first modern DE. Prior to this I shaved exclusively with old school Gillette’s. The threads of the top cap of my EJ razor became loose making the tightening action with the handle unusable. I contacted EJ via e-mail and explained my issue. I was routed to Repairs where Mr. Elday of EJ reviewed my pics and soon determined I would be mailed a new top cap. I received the top cap from England within 10 days along with a pack of derby blades and an EJ soap sample. All I can say is WOW! Edwin Jagger is customer driven and they blew me away. Being that I have very hard water here in S. California, I think part of the issue with the threads wearing out had to do with that. I am meticulous with razor cleaning and perhaps I can try a lime scale remover. Mr. Elday recommended
Viaklal, has anyone tried this product?[Image: 098eb7cd4ea0de980dbc53eebc781ef6.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 129
 12-25-2018, 04:26 PM
User Info
Thank you for sharing this story.  It's good to know EJ provides such excellent  customer service.

54 8,765
 12-26-2018, 06:25 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(12-25-2018, 03:40 PM)rabelious21 Wrote: My EJ 89L razor of 5 years was my first modern DE. Prior to this I shaved exclusively with old school Gillette’s. The threads of the top cap of my EJ razor became loose making the tightening action with the handle unusable. I contacted EJ via e-mail and explained my issue. I was routed to Repairs where Mr. Elday of EJ reviewed my pics and soon determined I would be mailed a new top cap. I received the top cap from England within 10 days along with a pack of derby blades and an EJ soap sample. All I can say is WOW! Edwin Jagger is customer driven and they blew me away. Being that I have very hard water here in S. California, I think part of the issue with the threads wearing out had to do with that. I am meticulous with razor cleaning and perhaps I can try a lime scale remover. Mr. Elday recommended
Viaklal, has anyone tried this product?[Image: 098eb7cd4ea0de980dbc53eebc781ef6.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how companies retain and attract customers. Thanks for sharing your story.

10 3,314
 12-27-2018, 01:06 AM
User Info
Great reading.
I want to support Edwin Jagger just based on your post.

This is how much customers service means to me.

I had a recent similar situation with my entire stash of 8-10 Wickhams shaving soap turning rancid without me ever using them.

After just laying in a basket in a cupboard with my other soaps for 2 years the Wickhams turned mouldy. Not the other soaps, just the Wickhams.

I did not even contact Paul at Connaught Shaving, where I bought them all in 2016, nor Darron, the Artisan behind Wickhams since I did not expect anything from them based on the fact, that the soaps were more than 2 years old.

I was then contacted by Paul, who read the post I made here on the forum, and he asked if Darron from Wickham could contact me.
1 week later 9 brand new Wickham shaving soaps were delivered free of charge at my doorstep in Denmark.

This is what good customers service is all about.

I will always support companies like Edwin Jagger, Connaught Shaving and Wickham shaving soaps based on how well they treat their customers.

Merry Christmas to all out there.

25 6,516
 12-27-2018, 06:40 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Edwin Jagger, Wickham, and Connaught have always provided outstanding service to me over the years. I would also include Phil of BullGoose in that group.

38 5,820
 12-28-2018, 06:31 PM
User Info
A hand-written note is a gesture of courtesy. Absolute courtesy.

7 363
 12-29-2018, 09:09 PM
User Info
They gave me a new top cap as well after my threads wore out.

Great company and service

47 405
 12-31-2018, 03:58 PM
User Info
To OP - I have hard water too, and find that a pinch of Citric Acid powder (purchased from Amazon)  softens the water. This may work for you too. 

Side benefits - makes soap easier to lather, leaves the sink and razor cleaner, and I bet (no evidence) it makes the brush rinse more fully.

17 385