12-28-2018, 11:35 AM
User Info
[Image: 0luAC2T.jpg]
A few months ago I fell into this nasty habit of collecting/using D.E. razors. I thought I could quit any time I wanted to… but that does not appear to be the case. I now have more razors, brushes, blades, and such than any man could need.

I have tried the razors on the back two rows with my favorites being (in order) the Rockwell 6S, Pre-War Tech with Fat Handle, and the Slim. I am going to attack the first two rows but have a bit of concern regarding the open comb razors on the first row. Any thoughts/techniques on engaging vintage open comb razors? Thanks.

3 18
 12-28-2018, 11:38 AM
User Info
Very nice collection!Smile

1 46
 12-28-2018, 05:38 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
The only caution I would give is to get the beard nice and wet before the lather is given. And then a nice even pull. Let's hear how it goes. It's just shaving anyhow. LOL

0 390
 12-28-2018, 05:51 PM
User Info
Welcome to TSN.  You've put together a nice collection of DE's.  When you have a chance,  please introduce yourself in the Introductions section, so our members can give you a proper welcome.

54 8,765
 12-29-2018, 07:28 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Welcome to TSN. That’s a very nice RAD display you’ve got there. Enjoy your shaves.

10 3,314
 12-29-2018, 08:32 AM
User Info
Open comb razors are easy to use.  

The safety bar on a non-OC razor slightly more reliably pulls the skin taut ahead of the blade; if you do good facial contortions and perhaps a bit of skin stretching, you don't need the safety bar, and the open comb allows for slightly better lubrication and a slightly closer shave with the same number of passes.

3 1,969
 12-29-2018, 10:31 AM
User Info
[Image: emzGzqY.jpg]Not as good or as bad as it could have been. Fairly close shave but a bit irritating and suffered one knick at a known trouble spot (when I became complacent). I should have stuck with my TOBS cream but elected to try an inexpensive puck. I will probably try an open comb again… but not too soon.

3 18