01-07-2019, 04:32 AM
User Info
Beautiful pack Obie.  Thanks for your service.  I'm just 4 weeks into a new right knee and know exactly what you mean about not wishing to shave the first several days.  I remember only having one pass in me for the first several days and using shaving as a measure of how I was doing.  First one pass.  Then a week later two.  I'm back to actually enjoying three passes now and have physical therapy in 4 hours.  

My travel kit is a vintage Gillette Superspeed, a tuxedo knotted handle my son turned stored in a screw container I got at Home Depot, either Coates Cream or a shave stick, and an aftershave.  Unrefined Shea transferred into a small container also travels with me.  All reside in a small dopp bag not nearly as awesome as yours.  

God speed on your recovery.

6 408
 01-07-2019, 01:53 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-07-2019, 04:32 AM)Lipripper60 Wrote: Beautiful pack Obie.  Thanks for your service.  I'm just 4 weeks into a new right knee and know exactly what you mean about not wishing to shave the first several days.  I remember only having one pass in me for the first several days and using shaving as a measure of how I was doing.  First one pass.  Then a week later two.  I'm back to actually enjoying three passes now and have physical therapy in 4 hours.  

My travel kit is a vintage Gillette Superspeed, a tuxedo knotted handle my son turned stored in a screw container I got at Home Depot, either Coates Cream or a shave stick, and an aftershave.  Unrefined Shea transferred into a small container also travels with me.  All reside in a small dopp bag not nearly as awesome as yours.  

God speed on your recovery.

Bless your heart for the kind word. I am coming along okay. I seem to be doing better in therapy than expected, so they might send me home tomorrow or the day after. What I would give for a shower and a shave, though. At the last minute before coming to the hospital I changed my razor from Game Changer to the OneBlade Genesis. I am quite.fond of that razor.

189 3,953
 01-07-2019, 04:58 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Obie, it’s good to hear that you’re doing so well. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep it up! It’s good to see you’re up and posting.

13 3,412
 01-07-2019, 05:05 PM
User Info
Obie, it's great to hear you're progressing well.  Keep us updated.

57 9,028
 01-07-2019, 05:32 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-07-2019, 04:58 PM)chazt Wrote: Obie, it’s good to hear that you’re doing so well. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep it up! It’s good to see you’re up and posting.

Charlie, my friend, thanks. I seem to bee coming along well. I wish I could shower and shave, though, but let’s not push too much of a good thing.

189 3,953
 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-07-2019, 05:05 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Obie, it's great to hear you're progressing well.  Keep us updated.

Ah, Ricardo, my friend. How kind of you. Yes, I will keep you posted. Thank.

189 3,953
 01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
User Info
Obie,
Good to hear things are going well. I hope it continues to do so.

I liked your travel kit so much I ordered one for myself!

Best of luck with the recovery and I hope you get that shower and shave real soon! I've been there and know just how great they make you feel.

Dave

1 155
 01-09-2019, 03:33 PM
User Info
I saw in your SOTD that you're home!  Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery!

57 9,028
 01-09-2019, 05:30 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
Again, thank you for the kind words on the wet pack, and thank you for your good wishes. I'm home, and it's sweet to be home.

189 3,953
 01-10-2019, 05:03 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Obie, I trust your recovery and rehab. continue to progress well. I too am recovering from surgery. I had mine a few days before Christmas and my concern was that I would have to spend Christmas in hospital. Fortunately, my surgery went better than expected and I was home just in time for Christmas, although somewhat fatigued and sore. My recovery is progressing well; I started driving again last Saturday and I should be able to resume normal activities (other than shoveling snow) by the end of January. In the meantime I’ve been drooling over your wetpack and have looked it up on the Fendrihan website. My trigger finger is becoming very itchy, but last year I purchased a Red Oxx Trifold shave kit so I’m reluctant to shell out the bucks for a new one. Although the Red Oxx is made of first class materials and workmanship is great, it’s built like a tank, I find it a bit bulky and cumbersome. Your kit, however, looks so sleek and tasteful not to mention traditional: very compelling indeed.

9 1,088
 01-10-2019, 07:28 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Bryan, my friend,

Thanks for the kind words and the good wishes. I empathize with your surgical pain. It is getting better for me, though. The worst part of all this is the interruption to the morning shaving ritual. Somethings are sacred.

My wet pack is sleek and quite handsome. I love the feel of the leather, and the smell of it. The wet pack fits all my needs — everything neatly tucked in its place — and is compact. Yes, it is pricey, but I think it is money well worth spending. Good stuff.

189 3,953
 01-12-2019, 07:38 AM
User Info
best wishes on your recovery.  this entire post shows the love and warmth everyone has for you. still going 14 years after my knee replacement.  I was two years behind you in Vietnam

80 1,453
 01-12-2019, 07:52 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-12-2019, 07:38 AM)daveinsweethome Wrote: best wishes on your recovery.  this entire post shows the love and warmth everyone has for you. still going 14 years after my knee replacement.  I was two years behind you in Vietnam

Dave, my friend,
Bless your heart for the kind words and for the good wishes. Thank you.
There was some bleeding in my knee and I had to return to the hospital. I have been here since Thursday, and will probably go home on Monday, if no further complications pop up.
The family brought my wet pack, still packed with the Simpson synthetic brush and the OneBlade razor, No shave, though, as the knee is quite painful.
All looks good.
Stay well,
Obie

189 3,953
 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Hi Obie,

I’m very sorry to hear about the setback; hopefully this is just a minor bump in the road to your full recovery. Keep your chin up.

Well, this morning my itchy trigger finger got the better of me so I ordered the Daines & Hathaway military wet pack from Fendrihan a few minutes ago. I bought the one in Gunsmoke Brooklyn Leather with the green lining. I should get it early next week. Fendrihan is located about 10 miles from where I live, so it’s fortunate that they don’t have a B&M store as I would be there all too often.

9 1,088
 01-12-2019, 09:41 AM
User Info
Obie, I'm sorry to hear about your complications.  I hope you're out quickly.

57 9,028
 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-12-2019, 09:17 AM)Rufus Wrote: Hi Obie,

I’m very sorry to hear about the setback; hopefully this is just a minor bump in the road to your full recovery. Keep your chin up.

Well, this morning my itchy trigger finger got the better of me so I ordered the Daines & Hathaway military wet pack from Fendrihan a few minutes ago. I bought the one in Gunsmoke Brooklyn Leather with the green lining. I should get it early next week. Fendrihan is located about 10 miles from where I live, so it’s fortunate that they don’t have a B&M store as I would be there all too often.

Thanks for the kind words. Just a minor setback; I would say.
You will love the wet pack, especially in that color. Good stuff.

189 3,953
 01-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(01-12-2019, 09:41 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Obie, I'm sorry to hear about your complications.  I hope you're out quickly.

Thanks, Ricardo. It’s just a minor set back. Can’t wait for the shave when I feel better.

189 3,953
 01-15-2019, 07:04 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
(01-12-2019, 11:55 AM)Obie Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 09:17 AM)Rufus Wrote: Hi Obie,

Thanks for the kind words. Just a minor setback; I would say.
You will love the wet pack, especially in that color. Good stuff.

The wet pack arrived today. Lovely looking kit, especially the colour. I’ve spent most of the evening working out the opitimal way to pack my gear and I think I’ve found it. Will have pics tomorrow.

9 1,088
 01-15-2019, 07:24 PM
User Info
Let's see those pictures Bryan!

57 9,028
 01-16-2019, 05:39 AM
User Info
Obie,

I'm new here.Smile  I read your initial post just now.Smile  First let me extend my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.Smile Hope you're up and around about now and the minor setback is in the rear-view mirror.Smile 

The Wet Pack is BEAUTIFUL! All the gear you included makes it even more so!  Thank you for posting!Smile

1 51