Amber is beauty, couldn't resist and bought it! Now the waiting

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

6 82
 02-21-2019, 02:01 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
A Hive of Bees (or Beehives), plus a lovely 2XL offered for your consideration in The ReadyMade Collection.  The Beehive generally, and the Rooney pattern Beehive especially, is about as challenging as it gets--yet about as rewarding as it gets to the one able to master them.

[Image: 2pVdLFV.jpg]

[Image: MLK2F6w.jpg]

[Image: DsKrxzX.jpg]

[Image: tCJYiwJ.jpg]

[Image: QlvEPFC.jpg]

[Image: N477ID2.jpg]

[Image: JLiKNc2.jpg]

Enjoy!

4 870
 02-21-2019, 05:25 PM
User Info
Ought
(02-21-2019, 02:01 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: A Hive of Bees (or Beehives), plus a lovely 2XL offered for your consideration in The ReadyMade Collection.  The Beehive generally, and the Rooney pattern Beehive especially, is about as challenging as it gets--yet about as rewarding as it gets to the one able to master them.

[Image: 2pVdLFV.jpg]

[Image: MLK2F6w.jpg]

[Image: DsKrxzX.jpg]

[Image: tCJYiwJ.jpg]

[Image: QlvEPFC.jpg]

[Image: N477ID2.jpg]

[Image: JLiKNc2.jpg]

Enjoy!
Bought the New Moon Beehive!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 106
 02-21-2019, 07:33 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I never been fond of Beehives, however, they do look much better in the multi colors.  I may even like those shown above.

16 807
 02-21-2019, 10:06 PM
User Info
Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 1,919
 02-26-2019, 04:18 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gentlemen,

For your consideration, six new Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger brushes are now available in The ReadyMade Collection: two 26mm L7's, and four 28mm 2XL's, along with two in Ebonite.  (From our conversations with Lee, this may be one of the last opportunities to acquire an M&F Blonde Badger brush in Ebonite.)

[Image: QTRXcud.jpg]

[Image: NeGPaJl.jpg]

[Image: kGMpjbS.jpg]

[Image: tENJt2M.jpg]

[Image: rkGYnL9.jpg]

[Image: pBr5YqX.jpg]

These, along with several other fine brushes are available on this page.

As always, it is our privilege to be of service!

4 870
 02-26-2019, 09:28 PM
User Info
(02-26-2019, 04:18 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Gentlemen,

For your consideration, six new Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger brushes are now available in The ReadyMade Collection: two 26mm L7's, and four 28mm 2XL's, along with two in Ebonite.  (From our conversations with Lee, this may be one of the last opportunities to acquire an M&F Blonde Badger brush in Ebonite.)

You had me at "last chance". I love the M&F Blonde badger and I don't have any Ebonite shave brushes. Looking forward to getting mine.

1 106
 02-27-2019, 01:42 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(02-26-2019, 09:28 PM)koolkankat Wrote:

You had me at "last chance". I love the M&F Blonde badger and I don't have any Ebonite shave brushes. Looking forward to getting mine.

Thank you very for your patronage!  Just please notice that I said "may be ONE OF...." (emphasis added.)  Lee says he still has some Blonde hair left. (Just not much.)  Hopefully, we'll have a few more such brushes in another month or so; but that could well be it unless/until more becomes available.

4 870
 02-27-2019, 04:00 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info

I love Lee's knots. Fans or bulbs, it doesn't matter to me. The bulbs in this group look like more traditional bulbs, and not the somewhat flattened bulbs that he has become known for.

15 849
 02-27-2019, 08:09 PM
User Info
I was really tempted to jump on one of the M&Fs but reconsidered bcs I’m totally in love w the Select 2 bands. How do the Blonde Badgers compare?

1 90
 02-28-2019, 02:57 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(02-27-2019, 08:09 PM)MarsEnglish Wrote: I was really tempted to jump on one of the M&Fs but reconsidered bcs I’m totally in love w the Select 2 bands. How do the Blonde Badgers compare?

I would say that Brad's Selects have softer tips. My Select is not quite as dense as a 2xl, but it is about the same as my old pre-Brad L7. The Blondes have a scrubbier feel and can even be a little scratchy when new. They do break in nicely, though. Personally, I prefer M&F Finest and Brad's Select. M&F's can be a little inconsistent, as sometimes Lee will put out a batch of Blonde that feels more like Finest. Inconsistent, but always very good.

15 849
 02-28-2019, 03:19 AM
User Info
(02-28-2019, 02:57 AM)Puma Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 08:09 PM)MarsEnglish Wrote: I was really tempted to jump on one of the M&Fs but reconsidered bcs I’m totally in love w the Select 2 bands. How do the Blonde Badgers compare?

I would say that Brad's Selects have softer tips. My Select is not quite as dense as a 2xl, but it is about the same as my old pre-Brad L7. The Blondes have a scrubbier feel and can even be a little scratchy when new. They do break in nicely, though. Personally, I prefer M&F Finest and Brad's Select. M&F's can be a little inconsistent, as sometimes Lee will put out a batch of Blonde that feels more like Finest. Inconsistent, but always very good.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

1 90
 02-28-2019, 03:26 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(02-28-2019, 03:19 AM)MarsEnglish Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 02:57 AM)Puma Wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

No problem. I have my preferences, but one can't really go wrong with any of those three (Select, M&F Finest, M&F Blonde).

15 849
 02-28-2019, 08:20 PM
User Info
Although I think the Brad Sears Select are excellent knots, I prefer the M&F Finest and Blonde badgers. There is just something about a hand tied knot and Lee is the best at making them. Worth the premium price and the wait (if you order a custom brush).

1 106
 03-06-2019, 12:26 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gentlemen,

For your consideration:  While filling our most recent order for Ebonite brushes, we decided to make some extra to share in The ReadyMade Collection.  They include the last of our Fiesta and Black Honey Ebonite.  Check them out on this page.  

[Image: wGTekwJ.jpg]

[Image: WsgBjjW.jpg]

[Image: Dyi3JYy.jpg]

[Image: WxxEwKd.jpg]

By popular request, we now imprint our logo on the bases of our BSSW Ebonite brushes to allow the unique qualities of this wonderful material to show forth unhindered.

Enjoy!

4 870
 03-06-2019, 01:22 PM
User Info
Wow! nice selection

1 505
 03-06-2019, 08:28 PM
User Info
Fantastic selection - almost fell out of my chair when I saw the page load!!

Eagerly awaiting a custom order - trying to restrain the urge to jump on a ready-made until then.
So tough to resist!!!

1 90
 03-14-2019, 01:49 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gonzo's New Look.

Gentlemen, the first "nextgen" Gonzo is offered for your consideration in The ReadyMade Collection.

Of course, you can also order your own "Bespoke" Gonzo be selecting this link.

[Image: UdWvbke.jpg]

Enjoy!

4 870
 03-17-2019, 04:25 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(03-06-2019, 12:26 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Gentlemen,

For your consideration:  While filling our most recent order for Ebonite brushes, we decided to make some extra to share in The ReadyMade Collection.  They include the last of our Fiesta and Black Honey Ebonite.  Check them out on this page.  

By popular request, we now imprint our logo on the bases of our BSSW Ebonite brushes to allow the unique qualities of this wonderful material to show forth unhindered.

Enjoy!

There are usually pluses and minuses with decisions. The drawback to this one being that you are hiding what is one of the nicest logos you will ever see on any product.

15 849
 03-17-2019, 11:50 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(03-17-2019, 04:25 AM)Puma Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:26 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Gentlemen,

Enjoy!

There are usually pluses and minuses with decisions. The drawback to this one being that you are hiding what is one of the nicest logos you will ever see on any product.

Wow!  Thank you.  We do our best to make everyone happy; so if anyone has an interest, we can always re-buff the bottom and imprint the ferrule.  Smile

4 870