01-18-2019, 01:01 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
The level of outrage on this advertisement is off the charts, and I don't get it. It's a bit hypocritical of P&G, but unless you do these things, I don't see any reason it should bother anyone.

22 866
 01-18-2019, 01:38 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(01-18-2019, 01:01 PM)chamm Wrote:  unless you do these things, I don't see any reason it should bother anyone.

[Image: giphy.gif]

edit: What strikes me the most is that most of the people, if not all, that get mad are the same that haven't used Gillette carts and canned goo in years.

60 2,607
 01-18-2019, 02:16 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 01:01 PM)chamm Wrote: unless you do these things, I don't see any reason it should bother anyone.

Remember not to rape women on your next journey to work.

0 41
 01-18-2019, 03:09 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 02:16 PM)Don Logan Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:01 PM)chamm Wrote: unless you do these things, I don't see any reason it should bother anyone.

Remember not to rape women on your next journey to work.
Exactly. It's ridiculous drivel developed and pandered pandered by sjws.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0 149
 01-18-2019, 04:00 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 07:07 AM)Midoio Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 02:19 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote: Am I the only person in the world who never has seen the advertisement in question?  Where did everybody else see it?

No, you are not the only one.

Not the only one by far.  Maybe we are only some of the few who did not Google it to find out more.  

I just can't work up a care to not care less about.

10 72
 01-18-2019, 04:06 PM
User Info
 01-18-2019, 04:10 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
Ok, for you guys who haven't see the ad, here is a link. It runs about 1:50, less than two minutes.

After you view it, you may have opinions.

65 1,884
 01-18-2019, 04:23 PM
User Info
Just watched it for the first time.

Will this make me boycott the company and stop buying the Gillettes Fusion and Mach 3 carts I use for my shaves ? No !

But this Gillette commercial is political correct garbage in my view, but I still will continue to buy their products, because they still make the best carts in the world and the competition is worthless.

With that said, politcal correctness, #Metoo and white selfhatred is about to kill Western Europe and the US & Canada altogether.

I don't like the clip in the video, where a guy sees the nice looking lady walking down the street, and as a male reacts natural and make a move towards contacting the lady and is then stopped by a political correct beta male, as if the guy would rape the woman on the street or start harrassing her on the spot.

If males can't react on their masculine instincts, but have to consider the consequenses before they even think about contacting a lady, you will see a drastic decline in the number of babies born in the west.
The problem with that is, that we need to see a decline in the number of babies born in the under developed countries and not in the western countries, since the birthrate in for instance Western Europe is close to negative, while you will see a raise in the overall African population from now 1.25 billion to between 4 and 4.5 billion, once we reach the year 2100 - this according to experts in demographic.
The african countries have every right in the world to make as many babies as they like, as long as the population can feed itself. Once they can't feed themselves, they and we have a problem.

The politcal correct liberals, that tend to support the Metoo movements, also tend to support imigration from patriarch male dominated countries with a klan based male leader structure and when one points that strange bizarre fact out, they change the subject.

Political rant over !

25 6,621
 01-18-2019, 05:09 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 04:06 PM)Don Logan Wrote:

After watching this video, I have to agree with her.

The Gillette commercial is political correct garbage in my view, but I still will continue to buy their products, because they still make the best carts in the world and the competition is worthless.

With that said, politcal correctness, #Metoo and white selfhatred is about to kill Western Europe and the US & Canada altogether.

25 6,621
 01-18-2019, 05:12 PM
User Info
Laughing1 Laughing1 Laughing1 People are funny.

And I find that frightening.... Shok

1 1,073
 01-18-2019, 06:48 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I like the ad, mostly because any provocative statement about the state of politics (which these days includes how we treat one another, unfortunately) in America (and perhaps elsewhere, but I don't live elsewhere) is worth observing. In this case, I believe the message is important, and infrequently visited, except through politics (as opposed to business). As Gillette (and Nike) are not in the politics business, I believe it's worth paying attention.

From a business standpoint, I believe this ad was a brilliant move by Gillette (as was the Kaepernick ad by Nike). Discussions like this prove it. The Gillette brand is much more front of mind than it was a week ago...

14 662
 01-18-2019, 07:00 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 06:48 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I like the ad, mostly because any provocative statement about the state of politics (which these days includes how we treat one another, unfortunately) in America (and perhaps elsewhere, but I don't live elsewhere) is worth observing. In this case, I believe the message is important, and infrequently visited, except through politics (as opposed to business). As Gillette (and Nike) are not in the politics business, I believe it's worth paying attention.

From a business standpoint, I believe this ad was a brilliant move by Gillette (as was the Kaepernick ad by Nike). Discussions like this prove it. The Gillette brand is much more front of mind than it was a week ago...

I’m not sure why this position is so pervasive. From a business perspective, success isn’t measured by conversations. Sales, growth, and stock price are all better indicators - and Nike’s stock & sales jumped briefly following the ad campaign - then dropped for 3 straight months. Look at the chart during the last third (September 2018 - today) - the Nike ad appeared in September 2018. Brief success - akin to a flash in the pan, then losses of much worse proportion. 

[Image: evjOTgz.jpg]

35 1,864
 01-18-2019, 07:14 PM
User Info
Add in a line for the SP500 index. We are talking about a time period when the market overall was down.

10 362
 01-18-2019, 07:26 PM
User Info
(01-18-2019, 07:14 PM)Watson15 Wrote: Add in a line for the SP500 index. We are talking about a time period when the market overall was down
The market as a whole was absolutely down, and nothing in the Nike ad changed their response to that drop which is my point.

35 1,864
 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-18-2019, 07:14 PM)Watson15 Wrote: Add in a line for the SP500 index. We are talking about a time period when the market overall was down.

Agreed. The Nike curve Mike displayed may or may not have been based on the Kaepernick campaign. The immediate boost makes me think the company is happy with the campaign. But no one really knows. I don't buy Nike products, but I love their Kaepernick campaign. I also don't buy Gillette products (except foreign-manufactured blades). But I also love this Gillette campaign.

14 662
 01-18-2019, 07:36 PM
User Info
I could easily boycott Gillette. I already have a lifetime supply of their DE blades. Now getting into SE AC blades., which they don’t make. But most signifact, I mostly shave with straights.

12 201
 01-18-2019, 07:49 PM
User Info
Every ad campaign is designed to increase sales - but consumers like a lot of things that do not lead to purchases - as already mentioned. My points in this thread focus on the faulty logic that “liking” an ad campaign equates to a successful ad campaign.

35 1,864
 01-18-2019, 08:24 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I love this campaign by Gillette, a brand I won't buy (except their DE blades manufactured overseas). I may again be an outlier, but I respect big companies trying to do the right thing. Nike, with its Kaepenick campaign. Or Microsoft, with its announcement yesterday to contribute half a billion dollars to help with affordable housing in my community. God bless corporate America for trying to make our nation a better place to live.

Last Sunday at noon, with my family, I drove past the only Chik-fa-lay (sp?) in my metro area, and the parking lot was totally empty. When I asked how a fast food joint could be empty at noon on a Sunday, my adult son explained that the company does not open its stores on Sunday, based on the Christian sabbath. A decision I can't even begin to understand, but one I respect.

14 662
 01-18-2019, 08:42 PM
User Info
I see nothing wrong with the ad.  It won't make me buy more Gillette products.  And I don't consider it a great advertisement.  But I don't take offense at it either.  Some very insecure people out there getting all bent out of shape over nothing.  Maybe they see the message being aimed at them.   Why is that?  Is there a reason they feel the ad is aimed at them?  Maybe they engage in the kind of behavior portrayed in the ad?  If so, they are part of the problem.  And this guy Graham Allen who posted a pic of him and his kids with assault weapons.  What's up with that?  I didn't see anything in that ad that referred to guns in any way.  I'll stop now because the next thing out of my mouth might be considered political.  And I'm not interested in being banned from any more websites.

2 327
 01-18-2019, 08:52 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-18-2019, 08:42 PM)MntnMan62 Wrote: I see nothing wrong with the ad.  It won't make me buy more Gillette products.  And I don't consider it a great advertisement.  But I don't take offense at it either.  Some very insecure people out there getting all bent out of shape over nothing.  Maybe they see the message being aimed at them.   Why is that?  Is there a reason they feel the ad is aimed at them?  Maybe they engage in the kind of behavior portrayed in the ad?  If so, they are part of the problem.  And this guy Graham Allen who posted a pic of him and his kids with assault weapons.  What's up with that?  I didn't see anything in that ad that referred to guns in any way.  I'll stop now because the next thing out of my mouth might be considered political.  And I'm not interested in being banned from any more websites.

+a thousand

14 662