01-27-2019, 04:33 AM
User Info
I HATE Drivers who will not use turn signals !! YES, I NEED to know where/when they are going to deviate from the present course.
It helps ME plan my future actions..

1 1,073
 02-04-2019, 04:34 AM
User Info
Broken schedules  Sad Amazon is now delivering in my area, they scheduled a delivery yesterday (Sunday) by 9PM.
That's fine, I waited ALL day, even turned on the porch light when the sun went down. Check web-site, "Out for delivery".
9PM....No delivery. Message on my computer, "Sorry, delivery has been changed to 2/4-2/7/2019"
I waited ALL DAY.... Confused  In my area, the Amazon delivery, seems to be an individual in their POV, kinda like Uber.

1 1,073
 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM
User Info
(01-19-2019, 04:08 AM)zipper Wrote: Notice the people who are TOO lazy to put the shopping cart in the right place in the parking lot !!
And how about the IDIOTS who puts it just outside the "stall" or whatever you call that thing.
It's only inches away !! if you took it that far, take it all the way. They should hire people to
give tickets to the people who leave the carts spread thruout the parking lot. Just saying...
This IS a real important issue, folks.. Sad

Do you live in New Jersey?  It is insane the way they leave carts in parking lots.  Personal experience.

22 849
 02-04-2019, 08:36 AM
User Info
(01-24-2019, 02:50 AM)Johnny Wrote: I hate that my grandkids don't know how to use a rotary phone or a fountain pen.

I live in Northern Va. and the schools have stopped teaching how to write in cursive.........they just print.  Now is this preparing them for the real world or not?

22 849
 02-04-2019, 08:43 AM
User Info
One of my pet peeves is drivers who will drive at the speed limit or less in the far left lane on a multi lane highway (in the US.  Switch it for Britain).  They cause traffic to needlessly back up behind them.  When I was first taught how to drive in High School I was taught the left lane is the passing lane, the middle lane is the "travel" lane and the right lane is the entrance and exit lane.  When I find someone in front of me who is driving slower than the rest of traffic in the left lane I will not hesitate to flash my high beams at them a couple times.  If they don't move over, I'll take the first opportunity to drop down into the middle lane to go around them and as I do, I'll look at them.  If it's an old lady or old man, I'll let it slide.  But if it's someone younger, I'll give them the finger.  Yeah, I know.  I have anger issues.

2 325
 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
(01-24-2019, 04:12 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 03:51 AM)zipper Wrote: I hate,Texting and walking around in public places talking on their phones.... Mad 
How did they live b/4 the cellphone? Or DID they... Huh  I am pretty old.....And out of touch with reality... Sleep

We lived just fine.  We knocked on doors, ring doorbells, had face to face personal conversations.  We could debate, share ideas, drink out of the water hose, play outdoors until it was time to eat.  And in case of bad weather, we could use the rotary phone.  Life was good.

I still do. I gave up my mobile phone 12 years ago when I retired, much to my wife’s chagrin, and I am making out very well indeed. I don’t participate in Facebook or any social media sites either, finding that I can while away enough hours on 3 shaving forums and 1 pen forum. I still use a fountain pen on a daily basis as well. Moreover, I still like talking to people on the phone (a land line in my case) and can’t understand why people text instead; talking directly to a person seems far more productive and efficient than sending impersonal messages back and forth. Tweeting absolutely baffles me.

9 1,104
 07-19-2019, 08:00 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(01-19-2019, 04:58 AM)chazt Wrote: Probably the same people who leave trash on the ground within steps of the can!
...Or the people who put recyclables in the garbage when the recycle bin is right next to it.

90 3,762
 07-19-2019, 08:01 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(01-19-2019, 04:08 AM)zipper Wrote: Notice the people who are TOO lazy to put the shopping cart in the right place in the parking lot !!

I absolutely hate this too! Such trash.

90 3,762
 07-20-2019, 12:02 AM
User Info
Dislike the shopping cart thing.
Dislike the "no turn signal" thing.
Dislike the "handicap placard use when the person it's issued to is not in the vehicle" thing.
Dislike the "I'm annonimous and bulletproof" of internet trolls.
But the one that bugs me most is our seeming fear of conversation or phone call in business interactions.  Wasn't long ago that you HAD to answer your business phone.  I have multi-million dollar accounts that ghost me on calls but squirt back a text instead.  Can't think of any better way to miscommunicate than via text.

6 438
 07-20-2019, 02:37 AM
User Info
(02-04-2019, 08:36 AM)LookingGlass Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 02:50 AM)Johnny Wrote: I hate that my grandkids don't know how to use a rotary phone or a fountain pen.

I live in Northern Va. and the schools have stopped teaching how to write in cursive.........they just print.  Now is this preparing them for the real world or not?

I'm waiting for schools to stop teaching writing and just teach how to text.
In grade school I missed the day we learned to write the letter m and I still can't write an m properly.

62 1,500
 07-30-2019, 05:31 PM
  • Nero
User Info
What is this?

[Image: 17478c95e46ee0a86f99fba4982700ad.jpg]

90 3,762
 07-30-2019, 05:45 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
The Fake Handicappers bug me almost as much.  Our gym has many more HC spots than required by law, and we have folks in wheelchairs that come for therapy.  Ok, but we also have a half dozen (my guess) hale & healthy types who have somehow acquired the plates.  One of the neighbors mows his lawn with a walkbehind, takes a spin class, and spends an hour or so on a treadmill.  His wife has a permanent disability plate as well, and feels it is her due as she's over 70 .. 

I once saw one of the fake handicappers park his fat Suburban, during a thunderstorm, and five minutes later an amputee was seen wheeling from the farthest reaches of the lot ..

60 632
 07-30-2019, 06:57 PM
User Info
(07-30-2019, 05:31 PM)Nero Wrote: What is this?

[Image: 17478c95e46ee0a86f99fba4982700ad.jpg]

That's where you park your Indian Chief Vintage.

2 325
 07-31-2019, 12:37 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(07-20-2019, 12:02 AM)Lipripper60 Wrote: Dislike the shopping cart thing.
Dislike the "handicap placard use when the person it's issued to is not in the vehicle" thing.
But the one that bugs me most is our seeming fear of conversation or phone call in business interactions.  Wasn't long ago that you HAD to answer your business phone.  I have multi-million dollar accounts that ghost me on calls but squirt back a text instead.  Can't think of any better way to miscommunicate than via text.
I can understand why someone would not answer their business phone...especially if it is a smaller business without a receptionist. Nearly 9 out of 10 calls that I receive are telemarketing calls -people trying to sell me a new marketing app, credit card processor, security system, YELP, Google and on and on. If you have a business phone line, you cannot block these calls.  Further -a phone call requires you to drop whatever it is that you are doing -taking product photos, setting up shipping rules, writing product descriptions, researching new products, doing inventory or packing orders. It totally breaks any rhythm that you have going and can lead to mistakes if you attempt to multi-task. 

With emails, you can set time aside during the day to answer all emails. It is much more efficient. It depends on the business.

52 20,915
 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM
User Info
I used to live in mid-city New Orleans.  Around there, people would push the grocery cart all the way home and then just leave it on the sidewalk or on their lawn or on the curb by the street.  

There was a guy who used to come around in a big pick-up truck.  He'd pick them all up, load them into the back of his pick-up truck, and take them back to the store.  I guess he was getting paid by the store to do this. 

Craziest thing.  I haven't seen it much in other places I've lived.

3 1,993
 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM
User Info
(07-31-2019, 12:37 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
I can understand why someone would not answer their business phone...especially if it is a smaller business without a receptionist. Nearly 9 out of 10 calls that I receive are telemarketing calls -people trying to sell me a new marketing app, credit card processor, security system, YELP, Google and on and on. If you have a business phone line, you cannot block these calls.  Further -a phone call requires you to drop whatever it is that you are doing -taking product photos, setting up shipping rules, writing product descriptions, researching new products, doing inventory or packing orders. It totally breaks any rhythm that you have going and can lead to mistakes if you attempt to multi-task. 

With emails, you can set time aside during the day to answer all emails. It is much more efficient. It depends on the business.

I totally get your point Phil.  What I'm talking about is clients with whom I already have a business relationship, know I don't waste there time, and commonly have a determined call scheduled.  Those are the instances that drive me nuts.

6 438
 08-02-2019, 02:40 PM
User Info
So, how do you feel about Costco parking lot?

Lol

12 610
 08-02-2019, 09:25 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(08-02-2019, 01:09 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 12:37 PM)bullgoose Wrote:

I totally get your point Phil.  What I'm talking about is clients with whom I already have a business relationship, know I don't waste there time, and commonly have a determined call scheduled.  Those are the instances that drive me nuts.
Yes, that would definitely drive me nuts too.

52 20,915
 08-02-2019, 09:34 PM
User Info
(08-02-2019, 02:40 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: So, how do you feel about Costco parking lot?

Lol

Yeah.  Those carts are massive and can do some real damage.

2 325
 08-05-2019, 05:05 AM
User Info
And how about the IDIOTS who puts it just outside the "stall" or whatever you call that thing.
It's only inches away !! if you took it that far, take it all the way. They should hire people to
give tickets to the people who leave the carts spread thruout the parking lot. Just saying...
This IS a real important issue, folks.. Sad

A thought this was something that that only happened in Australia
Mate I am so relieved
I drive a fuel tanker for living I have got more than my fair share of
these babes when driving through the shopping center car parks to get to the fuel station
on night shift
Each one tells a story of person who doesn't give a S--T about any one else but them selves

0 42