01-27-2019, 04:33 AM
User Info
I HATE Drivers who will not use turn signals !! YES, I NEED to know where/when they are going to deviate from the present course.
It helps ME plan my future actions..

1 961
 02-04-2019, 04:34 AM
User Info
Broken schedules  Sad Amazon is now delivering in my area, they scheduled a delivery yesterday (Sunday) by 9PM.
That's fine, I waited ALL day, even turned on the porch light when the sun went down. Check web-site, "Out for delivery".
9PM....No delivery. Message on my computer, "Sorry, delivery has been changed to 2/4-2/7/2019"
I waited ALL DAY.... Confused  In my area, the Amazon delivery, seems to be an individual in their POV, kinda like Uber.

1 961
 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM
User Info
(01-19-2019, 04:08 AM)zipper Wrote: Notice the people who are TOO lazy to put the shopping cart in the right place in the parking lot !!
And how about the IDIOTS who puts it just outside the "stall" or whatever you call that thing.
It's only inches away !! if you took it that far, take it all the way. They should hire people to
give tickets to the people who leave the carts spread thruout the parking lot. Just saying...
This IS a real important issue, folks.. Sad

Do you live in New Jersey?  It is insane the way they leave carts in parking lots.  Personal experience.

22 821
 02-04-2019, 08:36 AM
User Info
(01-24-2019, 02:50 AM)Johnny Wrote: I hate that my grandkids don't know how to use a rotary phone or a fountain pen.

I live in Northern Va. and the schools have stopped teaching how to write in cursive.........they just print.  Now is this preparing them for the real world or not?

22 821
 02-04-2019, 08:43 AM
User Info
One of my pet peeves is drivers who will drive at the speed limit or less in the far left lane on a multi lane highway (in the US.  Switch it for Britain).  They cause traffic to needlessly back up behind them.  When I was first taught how to drive in High School I was taught the left lane is the passing lane, the middle lane is the "travel" lane and the right lane is the entrance and exit lane.  When I find someone in front of me who is driving slower than the rest of traffic in the left lane I will not hesitate to flash my high beams at them a couple times.  If they don't move over, I'll take the first opportunity to drop down into the middle lane to go around them and as I do, I'll look at them.  If it's an old lady or old man, I'll let it slide.  But if it's someone younger, I'll give them the finger.  Yeah, I know.  I have anger issues.

0 167
 02-06-2019, 09:39 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
(01-24-2019, 04:12 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 03:51 AM)zipper Wrote: I hate,Texting and walking around in public places talking on their phones.... Mad 
How did they live b/4 the cellphone? Or DID they... Huh  I am pretty old.....And out of touch with reality... Sleep

We lived just fine.  We knocked on doors, ring doorbells, had face to face personal conversations.  We could debate, share ideas, drink out of the water hose, play outdoors until it was time to eat.  And in case of bad weather, we could use the rotary phone.  Life was good.

I still do. I gave up my mobile phone 12 years ago when I retired, much to my wife’s chagrin, and I am making out very well indeed. I don’t participate in Facebook or any social media sites either, finding that I can while away enough hours on 3 shaving forums and 1 pen forum. I still use a fountain pen on a daily basis as well. Moreover, I still like talking to people on the phone (a land line in my case) and can’t understand why people text instead; talking directly to a person seems far more productive and efficient than sending impersonal messages back and forth. Tweeting absolutely baffles me.

9 1,062