01-24-2019, 08:07 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We had heard a lot of praise of Hemingway Accoutrements and decided to take the plunge and become a stockist. These products are made in small batches by an artisan from high quality organic ingredients. While the products are a bit pricey, they are worth it. 

Also...remember that all Art of Shaving products are on clearance. Simply use coupon code AOS to save 40%. 

[Image: XWQPSqd.jpg]

52 20,621
 01-24-2019, 08:55 AM
  • Nero
User Info
I've heard really good things about this cream. I'll definitely be taking the plunge.
Nice to see some products with certified organic ingredients, always a big plus in my book. Nice

84 3,678
 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM
  • Nero
User Info
What is the scent of the shave cream?

84 3,678
 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(01-24-2019, 08:57 AM)Nero Wrote: What is the scent of the shave cream?

The scent description of the shave cream is the same as the aftershave. That said, I get more vanilla is the aftershave for some reason.

They describe the scent as follows:

The one-of-a-kind fragrance of the Hemingway Accoutrements Signature Collection calms your soul with a rich, deep and sophisticated blend that opens with a surprising yet satisfying aroma of grapefruit. Very much like the grapefruit notes of the Daiquiri named after Ernest himself.

While the grapefruit note persists throughout it quickly gives way to a fusion of deep bourbon, cedarwood, and rich Corinthian Leather. Underlying that richness, you'll enjoy the warmth of amber, sandalwood, fine tobacco, and Madagascar vanilla. You can't help but believe this must have been the aroma that permeated the air and furniture of Hemingway's study.

52 20,621
 01-24-2019, 09:44 AM
User Info
I have the aftershave and agree with the profile.  a very enjoyable balm.  one thing though …   it literally explodes out of the sprayer I severely cup my hand and keep it about 6 inches from spout.  a cuba Havana smell to me.

80 1,453
 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM
User Info
This premium line is a nice addition to the BullGoose offerings.

I ordered the cream and aftershave tonic.

57 9,035
 01-24-2019, 12:04 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've got the aftershave splash and shaving cream. I like them so much I ordered backups.

I'm surprised these products don't get more attention. Great performers, and a great scent. Like Bullgoose, I get mostly a vanilla note, with much complexity surrounding it.

10 630
 01-24-2019, 12:46 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I used to see Hemingway walking along the streets of Ketchum and Sun Valley, Idaho as a young boy when going skiing with my father. I had no idea what the fuss was all about then, but I became a lifelong fan. I therefore purchased the cream and A/S when it first came out. The cream performs fairly well, and the scent is a wonderful warm sandalwood/vanilla/leather type scent. Now if the artisan would only come out with a John Steinbeck cream and A/S I'd be all set.

38 5,888
 01-24-2019, 04:47 PM
User Info
(01-24-2019, 12:46 PM)evnpar Wrote: I used to see Hemingway walking along the streets of Ketchum and Sun Valley, Idaho as a young boy when going skiing with my father. I had no idea what the fuss was all about then, but I became a lifelong fan. I therefore purchased the cream and A/S when it first came out. The cream performs fairly well, and the scent is a wonderful warm sandalwood/vanilla/leather type scent. Now if the artisan would only come out with a John Steinbeck cream and A/S I'd be all set.

If they did and it was really, really good, you'd be obligated to toss it into the ocean.

1 501
 01-24-2019, 04:55 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-24-2019, 04:47 PM)bkatbamna Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 12:46 PM)evnpar Wrote: I used to see Hemingway walking along the streets of Ketchum and Sun Valley, Idaho as a young boy when going skiing with my father. I had no idea what the fuss was all about then, but I became a lifelong fan. I therefore purchased the cream and A/S when it first came out. The cream performs fairly well, and the scent is a wonderful warm sandalwood/vanilla/leather type scent. Now if the artisan would only come out with a John Steinbeck cream and A/S I'd be all set.

If they did and it was really, really good, you'd be obligated to toss it into the ocean.

Or see how it performs with hard water during a dust storm in Oklahoma.

10 630
 01-24-2019, 06:17 PM
User Info
And definitely be careful when using around firearms.

1 501
 01-26-2019, 05:48 PM
User Info
I'm looking forward to the Hunter Thompson cream!

9 153
 01-26-2019, 05:53 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info

To be serious for a moment, I love this story of heritage. We're from close to the same neck of the woods, so I visit Sun Valley/Ketchum from time to time. I've seen Mariel (sp?) Hemingway on the slopes and in town, as just another schmoe who lives (or lived) in Sun Valley. It's a pretty magical place.

10 630
 01-27-2019, 03:38 AM
User Info
(01-26-2019, 05:48 PM)Kpfeifle Wrote: I'm looking forward to the Hunter Thompson cream!

+1
What about F. Scott's EDT?

62 1,456