01-24-2019, 02:27 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
Disclaimer:  I lived in Japan for a few years, and therefore I got spoiled by superior packaging.

Today’s object of ire is the packaging of JB Weld, a superior epoxy glue that will join just about anything to just about anything, permanently, and you had better be sure before you join them that you never, ever, want the pieces separated again.  

JB Weld comes in two toothpaste-like tubes, packaged — as too many things are these days — in a hard plastic bubble on the front of a stiff backing card.  The tubes cannot be extricated from the package without the use of tools; that's bad enough.  But the real problem is what one does with the two tubes after squeezing out the typical small daub from each needed for the repair job.  There is no way to store two toothpaste tubes together (individually, they are worthless once separated); they take up a lot of shelf space or toolbox floor space, lying down, and there is no way to store them standing on end; subject to puncture, they should not be stored alongside screw drivers, claw hammers, etc.  Could not the people who were clever enough to come up with a cool product like JB Weld devise a dispenser or a mini-stand, or something that will allow storing the unused portion of opened tubes of JB Weld between the occasions that we need the product?

1 1,353
 01-24-2019, 02:39 PM
User Info
A lot of two-component epoxy comes in co-joined syringes these days - at least over here. Less mess, easier to measure out, and easy to store too. Just make sure to put the cap on the right way around... (it is keyed) Wink

[Image: 41654484.jpg]

3 6,293
 01-24-2019, 04:37 PM
User Info
Some versions of JB Weld are packaged better. These are easy to open & use:

[Image: j-b-weld-epoxy-accessories-50114h-12-64_1000.jpg]

34 1,808
 01-24-2019, 08:45 PM
User Info
Use the leftover product after the project you needed it for to fashion a stand for the next tubes =P

11 571
 01-25-2019, 02:04 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Yes it's not a big deal for me just stand it on end and use as needed. As you might guess push the syringe down a bit so it won't glue itself in the tube. 
Cheers mate

0 440