01-27-2019, 06:18 AM
User Info
I was googling around this morning, and discovered a shaving cream I hadn't heard of—Pereiras, from Portugal. Anybody tried it?

The website says it contains charcoal, which they say has a number of benefits. I read a few reviews, but they sound like more of an advertisement for the product rather than a review.

I sort-of want to try it, I guess just because I've never used a shaving cream with charcoal before.

Anyone familiar with it?

1 526
 01-27-2019, 08:00 AM
User Info
Get it. It's good.

I got a review up from last year; http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...ht=Pereira

3 6,032
 01-27-2019, 12:46 PM
User Info
I've gone through two of these, one in the metal tin and one in the ceramic dish.  It's an excellent soap.  In addition to the thread Hans linked to above, there is also a review by mantic59 in Sharpologist.

https://sharpologist.com/2018/06/pereira...pires.html

54 8,575
 01-27-2019, 05:16 PM
  • Komi
  • Ex-Lurker
  • Florida
User Info
I ordered some of this yesterday. Feel a lot better after reading the reviews. Thanks

0 5
 02-02-2019, 10:51 AM
User Info
I just ordered a jar from Bullgoose.  Can't wait to give it a try.  Hope it doesn't turn my badger black!

And, of course, since I'm paying shipping anyway, I thought I should add a bit to the order to, you know, make it worth my while.  So, I'm getting a jar of Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream.  I hear it's excellent.

1 526
 02-02-2019, 11:22 AM
User Info
(02-02-2019, 10:51 AM)David Wrote: I just ordered a jar from Bullgoose.  Can't wait to give it a try.  Hope it doesn't turn my badger black!

And, of course, since I'm paying shipping anyway, I thought I should add a bit to the order to, you know, make it worth my while.  So, I'm getting a jar of Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream.  I hear it's excellent.

It won't do that .  The lather is off-white with a tinge of light grey, and it washes off your brush without any issues.  Adding the ABC was a good move.

54 8,575
 02-08-2019, 09:32 PM
User Info
I tried it today.  Great Stuff!!  Scent is awesome, lathers like MDC, very smooth, close shave.  Great post shave feel.  Only knock would be glide.  My razor does not slide effortlessly like it does when using ABC or Nuavia.

10 116
 02-14-2019, 02:55 PM
User Info
My Pereiras should be delivered tomorrow.  Can't wait to try it with my Saturday shave.

1 526
 1 hour ago
User Info
It's arrived.  I'll try it tomorrow (a holiday here in Canada, so I'll have lots of time for my shave).

It sure is black.  But, I guess the lather will be a very light grey.  I'm undecided on the scent.  Definitely some spearmint coming through.  Will have to wait until I create the lather to see how it is.

[Image: eL4dJAu.jpg]

1 526
 53 minutes ago
User Info
I got Pereira in "water blossom" and "orange blossom" - both scents unpack a lot of subtleties when lathered. Looking forward to hearing how the spearmint is; I got to restock on their soap in the not to distant future Wink

3 6,032