03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I won a Lady Gillette for the missus on Ebay. It came in yesterday, and I tried it for today's shave, just for grins. Wow! It's a great shaver.

Does anyone know how they compare to other vintage Gillettes? I was thinking of grabbing a super speed our slim for myself.

10 1,858
 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I regularly shave with a blue Lady Gillette and, honestly, it's not much different than a mild Superspeed. I do enjoy the extra long handle on it and, overall, it offers up a very pleasant shave. Smile

2 11,211
 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM
User Info
Well, at one time I wanted to try my wifes LG to compare. But I really don't care for mild razors and after reading of others comparisons of it to other mild Gillettes I gave up the desire to try it. I test far too many blades in far too many mild razors to tolerate more of the same.

In fact I just decided to not use my blade test protocol and bypassed the G' Black Handle to go directly to the SS, so that I could get to my Slim (9) and Muhle R41 one day sooner.

It's good that someone got back to you or I'd be forced to try it.

The wife likes her LG, that's what's important. But heck, she uses a blade for 6 months w/o changing it, uses bath soap for lube, and can use the blades directly from hell, Dorcos.

32 6,308
 03-21-2012, 05:12 AM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(03-15-2012, 01:17 PM)freddy Wrote: I regularly shave with a blue Lady Gillette and, honestly, it's not much different than a mild Superspeed. I do enjoy the extra long handle on it and, overall, it offers up a very pleasant shave. Smile

Pretty sure an old thread across the pond confirmed the LG has the exact head as the SS (makes sense) but it does shave a bit differently - maybe better - due to its longer handle.

35 2,703
 03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
User Info
An accurate description of the comparison between the two - a mild razor. Each capable of providing an excellent close shave.

29 1,731
 03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I ended up getting a great deal on a Super adjustable. I'm quite pleased.

10 1,858