02-04-2019, 12:34 PM
User Info
I 've a story behind mine and I figure many have one behind theirs. Care to share?
I'll start.....Zipper was my "call sign". It was given to me by my fellow pilots when 
I arrived at my first duty station. I had these zippers installed in my jump boots,
after I graduated from flight school, because I did a "fancy" ladder lace and the boots
had leather laces and was too hard to lace and unlace everyday. Zippers made it easy.
My Avatar, it's a mosquito I designed on a patch, I had some made for my Mosquito helicopter.
So, what's your story ?      Cheers

1 1,073
 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM
User Info
Mine harks back to another forum - well, yahoo group, to be precise - where I started talking to a few of the members in private... one of them made a note that I was a 'wegian and a warrior both by profession and by the codes I live by. One of the others started referring to me as "the 'wegian warrior" and it stuck... kind of helped that the one who used the term the most is my wife these days Wink

As for my avatar on the 'Nook? A photo of me from when I was on a 12 month tour of duty in South Sudan.

3 6,213
 02-04-2019, 01:31 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
My given name is Charlie. Well, Charles, but only my mother and my principal use that. Everyone else calls me Charlie. Mostly. My very few closest and oldest friends (40-45 years) call me chaz. When I began participating in various online fora, it seemed every other pop star added the letter T to his name. This may not be factual, but it seemed so at the time. My middle name begins with a T so chazt was a natural extension for an online handle. The picture was taken on the deck of a cruise ship as my wife and I were heading out of Seattle for a trip up the Alaskan shore line. We had a great vacation. I heartily recommend visiting Alaska. Everywhere you looked it was like looking at the set of a sci-fi set. You should go.

13 3,379
 02-04-2019, 02:19 PM
User Info
Mine is a custom made by who wasbthen known only as G_huck, but now goes by Bristle Brushwerks. It’s enjoying a gorgeous afternoon on the San Diego Harbor Smile

11 557
 02-04-2019, 04:00 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Fulton Beer

13 761
 02-05-2019, 04:08 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The name if my first name and the avatar is a picture of me taken in Austin, TX back in the summer of 2014.

Now that is the story behind the name and the picture, but if you want the story behind the signature at the bottom of my post.....  I figure I might be younger than some on here, but I don't know who ( I am 72 ) and I would say that I am older than most of you.  I started wet shaving when I was 15 back in 1961.

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving since 1961

182 25,426
 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
My late grandfather called me Bony , so this became my nickname. On my avatar is photo of my son Michael just playing with lather left after one of my shave.

11 470
 02-05-2019, 12:58 PM
User Info
Lipripper60 references my joy of fishing and the avitar pays homage to my favorite Steelhead.

6 404
 02-05-2019, 07:46 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Growing up in the 50's, most shaving ads in Life and Look magazines, or my father's Esquire, had drawings or photos of attractive women, sometimes of a movie star. My avatar, taken from an old movie poster, reminds me of that generation of shaving. Evnpar refers to my being nearly a scratch golfer in my much younger days, and always trying to shoot a round at even par or better.

38 5,851
 02-05-2019, 08:20 PM
User Info
My name is an abbreviation for Mountain.  My favorite place on the planet is anywhere in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York.  Went to summer camp there for four entire summers as a kid and have been addicted ever since.  The 62 is my year of birth.  As for my avatar, I grew up listening to Frank Zappa.  Constantly.  I wasn't alone.  There was a group of us who were Zappa freaks.  One day my mother was attempting to bond with her otherwise troubled and afflicted child and asked this question, "Do you think you'll be listening to Frank Zappa when you're 40 years old?"  On my 40th birthday I called my mom and said, "Guess what mom? I'm still listening to Frank Zappa."  And I continue to let her know I still listen to Frank Zappa.  Clearly I'm a big fan.

2 231
 02-05-2019, 08:30 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Apostrophe and One Size Fits All are two of my all time favorite records.

13 3,379
 02-05-2019, 08:45 PM
User Info
(02-05-2019, 08:30 PM)chazt Wrote: Apostrophe and One Size Fits All are two of my all time favorite records.

Oh yeah.  Zappa's bands were a drummer's dream.  He always had the most incredible drummers.  Ainsley Dunbar played some insane all out slick rock and roll on those early albums.  Ralph Humphrey, especially on the classic Overnight Sensation.  Chester Thompson who took that drum fill from More Trouble Every Day on Roxy and taught it to Phil Collins and used it on Second's Out.  Terry Bozzio.  Insanely animal.  Vinnie.  The technicians technician.  Chad is good but this is where my interest started to wain, blasphemy I know.  I grew up on Long Island and we used to take the LIRR to see him at the Palladium.  And once he did an interview at WLIR in Hempstead so we all grabbed an album, got in cars and met him outside after the interview so he could sign our albums.  He signed my One Size Fits All.  Both of those albums are awesome.

2 231
 02-06-2019, 08:21 AM
User Info
My nickname shevek is the protagonist from the science fiction novel The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin. It was an attempt to describe how society could run with alternatives to hierarchical capitalism, including positives and negatives. It fascinated me when I read it years ago. My photo I just came across one day browsing the web and it made me chuckle and I thought it had a good message.

46 1,282
 02-06-2019, 08:27 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Worcester
User Info
Tonality was the title of an 8th grade English project where we had to make a fictional album of our lives. It was a good play on words of a music teacher and my name. I liked the word and have used it in various places ever since. My avatar is currently just a picture of my Mini Cooper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

38 1,881
 02-06-2019, 07:25 PM
User Info
I worked for the Government for 31 years 11 with the DOD and 20 with the DOJ . My avatar is a Gillette fatboy "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 932
 02-06-2019, 11:26 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(02-06-2019, 07:25 PM)G man Wrote: I worked for the Government for 31 years 11 with the DOD and 20 with the DOJ . My avatar is a Gillette fatboy "

Oh would I like to pick your brain on current affairs.

182 25,426
 02-07-2019, 05:06 AM
User Info
(02-06-2019, 11:26 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 07:25 PM)G man Wrote: I worked for the Government for 31 years 11 with the DOD and 20 with the DOJ . My avatar is a Gillette fatboy "

Oh would I like to pick your brain on current affairs.

Oh I have a lot of opinions on current issues but I just take this one day at a time lol.

0 932
 02-07-2019, 05:40 AM
User Info
Name is how I feel sometimes  Biggrin Avatar is one I have had forever on everything from motorcycle forums to shave forums. This is the pic after joining shave forums back in 2009
[Image: bUQy0na.jpg]

1 140
 02-10-2019, 06:37 PM
User Info
 02-15-2019, 10:43 AM
  • DannyZ
  • Harker Heights, TX
User Info
DannyZ is my nickname from college. Oklahoma State University is my alma mater and Go Pokes is one of our cheers.  Pokes is short for cowpokes, which itself is slang for cowboys.  My avatar is our old logo (from the Barry Sanders days) and I prefer it to our modern logo.

1 93