02-09-2019, 09:02 PM
User Info
First time out with the Noble Otter soap (and AS). The lather was top quality and the scent is a knock out winner for me. Easy to lather and very protective. I used the Blackbird and was treated to a completely smooth and irritation free shave.

As one would expect the floral rose and dark oud create a bright and sensual experience.  Intoxicating. 

If I needed more soaps in the den I would definitely be choosing more Noble Otter.

13 1,924
 03-10-2019, 10:52 PM
User Info
Two Kings was my first time trying Noble Otter as well.  Love them.  Noble Otter is quickly one of my favorites for scent and performance.

5 22
 03-16-2019, 04:57 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I have to agree with the first 2 gentlemen. I've been using Noble Otter soap (3 of them) for many months now and I consciously have to make a decision to use one of my other soaps so to have a variety. The scents of these soaps for me is far superior to most of the soaps out there. I have Two Kings, The Noir Et Vanille, and Flying Hide (The scent is very similar to Ballenclaugh's Festive Parlor also it's a step down in its scent strength) I do not know what the top notes or the bottom notes are to these soaps what I know is what appeals to me. The scents to these soaps are very clean and fresh, not overbearing, also not understated.

As far as the quality of this soap I like/enjoy its characteristic, I like its personality it works well with my skin texture, oils and beard the scents are the final deciding factor. There are excellent soaps that people love but for some reason, there's something about their personalities that leave me wanting. I have over 20 soaps in my rotation I enjoy each one of them and keeping adding soaps, is anyone of these soaps really that much better than the others?, absolutely not the differences between one from another is nonexistent, it's just a matter of how I feel that day. For now, Noble Otter is my top preference via the scents.

60 762
 03-17-2019, 02:00 AM
User Info
I recently purchased my first Noble Otter:  Nectar Amissa.  Interesting scent.  While it is listed as Bergamot/spiced tea/rose/geranium, I would say that the prevailing scent is the spiced tea.  I wouldn't say that I love the scent but it is mild enough so that it is not obtrusive.  More importantly, the performance is really good.  I own many soaps and I put Declaration Grooming and WK at the top of the list.  Is Noble Otter that good?? It is too early to tell but I do get the same "WOW, That was a great shave"  factor from Noble Otter as I do from my top choices.  I will definitely be buying more in the future.

6 111