02-10-2019, 11:30 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Could someone with experience please compare B&M Fougère Aromatique and Fougère Imperiale?  I was looking at the scent ingredient list on the Barrister and Mann website and I am curious how they actually smell. I'm interested in picking up one of the EDT's when they release on the 18th but I probably will only pick up one. I really like some of the things he's done, particularly Fougere Gothique. Can anyone provide any advice? Also, how about your experience as far as longevity with the scents? I know this is the first time an EDT has been available but I'm speaking of the aftershaves that were available in the past (and soaps).

28 781
 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Come on older guys who remember when both of these soaps were out. I am too much of a noob. These were out before I was into wet shaving.

28 781
 02-10-2019, 04:54 PM
User Info
I didn’t even realize these were being released and upon reading this, I had a quick fleeting hope they were being re-released as soaps and AS. Imperiale is a more traditional fougere, earthy and herbal. I forgot what it’s based on but it’s a great traditional fougere.

Aromatique is based on Invasion Barbare and, holy cow, is it an amazing scent in my opinion! Bright and vibrant, it’s incredible! I don’t use colognes or edts anymore and I might have to buy it!

I never tried Gothique but I imagine that’s a darker scent. Aromatique is just great stuff (so is Imperiale but it didn’t knock my socks off like Aromatique).

88 1,536