02-17-2019, 09:49 PM
User Info
I’ve been quite taken with Saponificio Varesino’s felce Aromatica - and I’d like to find a fougere edt or edp that is very close. Any ideas?

36 1,929
 02-18-2019, 07:00 AM
User Info
Esencia Loewe is perfect  Smile

8 1,971
 05-19-2019, 07:25 AM
User Info
(02-17-2019, 09:49 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I’ve been quite taken with Saponificio Varesino’s felce Aromatica - and I’d like to find a fougere edt or edp that is very close. Any ideas?

Mike, have a look at Sultan Pasha attars. For fougeres, try Etude en Fougere, Fougere Noire, and Le Rayon Vert.  

They're oils using the finest natural materials, once you've tried his pefumes there is no going back. The reviews on fragrantica will give you an idea of the quality.

28 524
 11-13-2019, 10:07 AM
User Info
In my opinion Creed Green Irish Tweed is a great match for SV Felce aromatica. I ought to get the f.a. after shave...

[Image: nCqUIZQ.jpg]

0 178
 11-13-2019, 10:45 AM
  • w_mcnabb
  • San Antonio, TX
User Info
Interested to hear if you've found anything Mike Felce Aromatica is probably my favorite scent of all the soaps I've used.

103 527
 11-13-2019, 09:37 PM
User Info
I don’t match fragrances with my shaving soaps any longer.

But if I remember correctly pretty much all fougere fragrances will match Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica pretty well, just as with MDC Fougere.

So from the top of my head from my own fragrance collection, I would pick:

Polo Green or the lighter yet still potent Polo Green Modern Reserve

Caron Le 3.rd Homme

Houbigant Fougere Royal

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Azzaro Pour Homme

Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir

Penhaligon’s English Fern

Penhaligon’s Sartorial (Unique fougere)

Bond No.9 Central Park (among the best grassy fragrances I have ever smelled rivalling Creed GIT and Green Valley)

Carolina Herrera 212 (if you can’t afford niche, this is a really great alternative to a fresh cut grass creamy fougere fragrance)

Lauder for Men

These following two are more barber shop like fougeres, but still fantastic fougere like scents:

MDCI Invasion Barbara (very expensive, dare I say overpriced)

YSL Rive Gauche (better than MDCI IB at 1/6 of the price, Tom Ford was behind this at YSL)

Of course also Creed GIT with its fresh creamy natural green note would do well, as suggested by Apogee, who of course has attached one of his always classy and great photos.

If you can find it, Creed Green Valley is even a better alternative than GIT, but unfortunately Green Valley has been discontinued for several years now.

25 6,666
 11-14-2019, 10:24 AM
User Info
I thought I read here, that Felce Aromatica is a dupe if Curve for Men. I went out and bought a bottle, but didn’t find their scent to my liking. To me it smelled more like a can of AquaNet hairspray. Yuck! I’m guessing somewhere along the line, reformulation and cost reduction has reduced the scent to what it is now.

13 652
 11-18-2019, 08:26 AM
User Info
Claus, I lack your vast knowledge of perfumes. Felce aromatica will certainly work well with many fougére based edps.
But I am surprised to find Penhaligon’s Sartorial listed [Image: qRXB0Lp.jpg]to be partnered with felce.
Agreed, Sartorial is a fougére edp. Agreed, felce would not fight with Sartorial.
But Sartorial has other prominent notes of metal, honey and beeswax, which make me not consider to use it with felce.
I would not want to mix it with something else. 
And ... when I want to smell of Sartorial, I would not want to miss the outstanding Sartorial shaving soap and after shave balmSmile

0 178
 11-18-2019, 11:57 PM
User Info
(11-18-2019, 08:26 AM)apogee Wrote: Claus, I lack your vast knowledge of perfumes. Felce aromatica will certainly work well with many fougére based edps.
But I am surprised to find Penhaligon’s Sartorial listed [Image: qRXB0Lp.jpg]to be partnered with felce.
Agreed, Sartorial is a fougére edp. Agreed, felce would not fight with Sartorial.
But Sartorial has other prominent notes of metal, honey and beeswax, which make me not consider to use it with felce.
I would not want to mix it with something else. 
And ... when I want to smell of Sartorial, I would not want to miss the outstanding Sartorial shaving soap and after shave balmSmile

Dear Apogee,

Sometimes I get the beeswax and bitter undertones from Sartorial, other times I get more of a fougere scent from Sartorial.

But I do agree with you, Sartorial would be the daring combo to use after Felce.

Please notice, that I never pair scent to perfectly clone each other.

I’m more into pairing scents, where they build upon each other.

So in all fairness I probably should avoid giving other Gentlemen advice, when it comes to pairing scents, but I can’t stop myself sometimes.

I’m a blender and mixer by nature.

I respect the original, but I get so easily bored, that I usually start thinking of blends that would work well with the original involved in it.

I do the same with food recipes.

The true master chef Jacques Pepin once said, that you should follow a recipe once. Then taste the resulting dish. Then immediately after that, you alter the recipe to your own liking.
You never make the dish as the original recipe again, unless you time after time fail in your own attempts at remaking the dish, using your own inspiration.

I follow the exact same rule in my cooking. I rarely make the same recipe twice. I cook based on inspiration.

The same goes for scents. I mix and blend my way through instead of trying to perfectly match and pair scents.

But I have limits of course.
Sartorial is definitely a very unique scent, not for the Axe/Williams crowd.

But I find that it pairs quite well with fougere type scents. But it certainly gives your nostrils and brain a kick.

A masterpiece made by Bertrand Duchaufour. But agreed it’s NOT by any means a Classic fougere.

25 6,666
 11-20-2019, 01:40 AM
User Info
Dear Claus, I do agree wholeheartedly with your approach to cooking.
I can well understand your stance towards blending scents, too ...  but I personally am less daring in this respect.

0 178
 11-20-2019, 07:46 AM
User Info
I can recommend Penhaligon’s English Fern

0 738