02-21-2019, 03:31 AM
User Info
Gents, I've become a bit of a hoarder, not so much a user, so it's time to let these treasures go.

I invest considerable patience, care and expense in sourcing and preserving my gear, so all these items are top notch. I daresay you will be hard pressed to find goods like these in comparable condition. All items are mechanically and operationally sound, with no issues.

I usually photograph these items from many angles, and if I posted all the pictures, this thread would have 75+ visuals which would clutter and confuse. So I’ve decided to send pictures to interested parties over the PM system.

Prices are reflective of the condition of the items, and in some cases, of their relatively unobtainium status. They include tracked shipping to PayPal verified shipping addresses 
only. No trades.

1. Simpson M6 Manchurian Badger Brush in original packaging (TSN Limited Edition) 

2. Gillette Aristocrat UK #21 Cased Set  

3. Gillette Aristocrat UK #15 Solid Bar Cased Set  

4. Gillette UK 1949 Aristocrat #22 Cased Set  
(identical to the razor found in the #16 set, Brit Pat. 430,030 / Made In England stamped on

baseplate)

https://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20solid%20guard%20bar/1949%20(U2%20on%20blade)%20Aristocrat%20No16.JPG

5. Gillette UK Aristocrat #66 Cased Set  (SOLD)

6. Gillette UK Red Tip Superspeed  (no case, pristine condition)

7. Gillette UK NEW Long Comb Razor with aged shipper (gleaming condition) 

8. Gillette UK Aristocrat #77 2-piece RFB Cased Set, Rare with 2 pat nos. on baseplate (purchased NOS, used twice) 

9. Wiborg White Badger Knight 28mm brush in original packaging    (temporarily off the table)

Here is a group pic, I'll be replying to individuals who PM'd yesterday for pics. 

[Image: WHk7BxQ.jpg]

1 217
 02-21-2019, 03:41 AM
User Info
Pm sent

1 160
 02-21-2019, 04:57 AM
User Info
PM Sent

0 8
 02-21-2019, 07:41 AM
User Info
I believe you need to post original prices of the contemporary items and at least one picture of each item in the thread.

34 1,790
 02-21-2019, 09:11 AM
User Info
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 12
 02-22-2019, 01:40 AM
User Info
Some members PM'd me....Ive sent them pics requested.

Heres one from 10 minutes ago....Wiborg in full bloom

[Image: KTmy1Bl.jpg][Image: u2rMuQL.jpg]

1 217
 02-22-2019, 02:25 AM
User Info
OMG, I am having heart palpitations... Babeando
What I would not give for that Wiborg. GLWTS.

58 5,093
 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
  • TADIII
  • Gilletter from Home
  • FL & NC
User Info
Is that an RFB in the middle of the top row?

17 98
 02-22-2019, 11:18 AM
User Info
(02-22-2019, 03:24 AM)TADIII Wrote: Is that an RFB in the middle of the top row?

8. Gillette UK Aristocrat #77 2-piece RFB Cased Set, Rare with 2 pat nos. on baseplate (purchased NOS, used twice) $130

1 217
 02-22-2019, 12:47 PM
User Info
I’ll take the Wiborg

84 1,738
 02-22-2019, 01:05 PM
User Info
(02-22-2019, 12:47 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: I’ll take the Wiborg

I would imagine that’s been gone for some time now.

2 54
 02-22-2019, 01:06 PM
User Info
Same just making sure

84 1,738
 02-23-2019, 08:04 AM
User Info
Don’t know what happened to him. Started asking me about shipping on a purchase and haven’t heard back.

2 54
 02-23-2019, 08:48 AM
User Info
(02-23-2019, 08:04 AM)Fundzalo Wrote: Don’t know what happened to him. Started asking me about shipping on a purchase and haven’t heard back.  

He's in Singapore.  Was it just a timing thing or are you saying he's ghosted completely?

5 22
 02-23-2019, 08:50 AM
User Info
Hmmm. Maybe he’s sleeping!
Lol. I hope that’s the case.

2 54
 02-23-2019, 10:03 AM
  • Urolex
  • Phoenix, AZ
User Info
This has been going on for several days, started on B&B

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

57 481
 02-23-2019, 01:25 PM
User Info
Just to clarify: I acknowledged everyone who reached out, and asked some preliminary questions
as one does with such a high value item. At no point have I committed to, or started sales 
proceedings with anyone on this item.

So as to put an end to further speculation:

THE WIBORG IS TEMPORARILY OFF THE TABLE.

1 217
 02-23-2019, 05:45 PM
  • Urolex
  • Phoenix, AZ
User Info
In all fairness, this listing has been very confusing. I'm not a mod, nor do I speak for anyone else, but I can't understand why/how you haven't sold the brush.

You certainly have the right to sell-- or not to sell --to anyone you want. However, numerous people, myself included, have requested to buy the brush. We've been questioned regarding our location, local customs policies, etc. This gives the impression that buying the brush is a little bit more complicated than simply offering the price you requested. There are obviously other considerations unknown to the potential buyer.

Perhaps in future listings, you should explain what, if any, restrictions there are when buying your items so as to avoid confusion on both sides. I mean you no ill will and wish you luck with your sale.

57 481
 02-23-2019, 05:51 PM
User Info
(02-23-2019, 05:45 PM)Urolex Wrote: In all fairness, this listing has been very confusing. I'm not a mod, nor do I speak for anyone else, but I can't understand why/how you haven't sold the brush.

You certainly have the right to sell-- or not to sell --to anyone you want. However, numerous people, myself included, have requested to buy the brush. We've been questioned regarding our location, local customs policies, etc. This gives the impression that buying the brush is a little bit more complicated than simply offering the price you requested. There are obviously other considerations unknown to the potential buyer.

Perhaps in future listings, you should explain what, if any, restrictions there are when buying your items so as to avoid confusion on both sides. I mean you no ill will and wish you luck with your sale.

Yes. Thank you Urolex for stating this so eloquently. I was under the assumption I was purchasing the brush as well. [Image: a6ed9471bc3601a3ac270effbe6ca646.jpg]

2 54
 02-23-2019, 09:15 PM
User Info
(02-23-2019, 05:45 PM)Urolex Wrote: In all fairness, this listing has been very confusing.  I'm not a mod, nor do I speak for anyone else, but I can't understand why/how you haven't sold the brush.  

You certainly have the right to sell-- or not to sell --to anyone you want.  However, numerous people, myself included, have requested to buy the brush.  We've been questioned regarding our location, local customs policies, etc.  This gives the impression that buying the brush is a little bit more complicated than simply offering the price you requested.   There are obviously other considerations unknown to the potential buyer.

Perhaps in future listings, you should explain what, if any, restrictions there are when buying your items so as to avoid confusion on both sides.  I mean you no ill will and wish you luck with your sale.

Happy to explain further...some countries have prohibitive customs duties and Im not in the USA, so I asked some
about where they're based and the duty situation. Some countries also present a security concern for me. From time to time, 
I offer some valuable shaving gear for sale and I like to do my own diligence on this. Asking someone where they're based does 
not constitute an agreement to sell. To elaborate further, before I sell anything I send a detailed email to a potential buyer with all details 
of the item and pictures, only when they email me back with their acceptance, do I proceed. Most buyers Ive sold to on these fora have no issues 
with this....because they appreciate it is meant to protect both buyer and seller. Here is an excerpt of the email I 
send to potential buyers for their approval before proceeding with any Paypal sale:

"Hi ______

I am delighted to offer you the above___________, subject to the following:

1. Please see the attached pictures below to examine the condition before accepting.
The item comprises_____________

2. Package will only be shipped to your official Paypal address that appears on Paypal's 
transaction page.

3. Any additional customs fees, duties or other official/unofficial levies that apply in the 
buyer's country will be the responsibility of the buyer.

4. The price is _______ and includes the item, as well as shipping by standard registered
post with tracking number.

5. Kindly note that returns/refunds will not be possible unless the item is significantly different
from the pictures supplied below.

6. The time frame for when you can expect the package will be advised once the post office
informs me at the time of mailing the package.

7. This email conversation will be the sole means of communicating about this sale, and will
serve as an official record of our transaction, in case Paypal ever needs to refer to it.

NEXT STEPS:

Kindly reply to this email stating your approval of the above terms, and the condition of the item as seen in the pictures below. 
I will then send you a "request for payment" of _____via Paypal Goods & Services option. Once the payment is received, I will mail 
your package the next day. You will receive photographs of your package and its contents, as well as a tracking number by email. 
The tracking number will also be uploaded to the Paypal transaction page so they can monitor its progress and final delivery.

Warm Regards"

I don't find this at all confusing....a bit time consuming perhaps, but for me it has always been the right way to
sell anything via Paypal. If this is not to anyone's liking, I totally get it.

1 217