02-21-2019, 06:54 PM
User Info
I just received email from Chris at Karve that the OC razors and plates will be available at 1700 MST on Friday, 2/22/19.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

2 113
 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM
User Info
It's out and the KARVE store is selling as of today, Feb 22, 2019 @ 4pm PST. I purchased the OC plates C & D

0 29
 02-22-2019, 10:09 PM
User Info
I decided on an OC C plate as well..

30 404
 02-23-2019, 09:27 AM
User Info
I like the looks of the oc.  Chunky.  It reminds me of the statues in Gotham City in the old(1989) Batman movie.

1 505
 02-23-2019, 01:51 PM
User Info
For those who don't know what the new open comb plate looks like....

[Image: BeOswt4.jpg]

0 29
 03-04-2019, 10:04 PM
User Info
Here's 1st Shave Impressions:
KARVE Open Comb (OC) Plate-D
Panna Crema Soap
Perma-Sharp Super

WTG (1st pass): super smooth and efficient. The razor just slide down the face and down the neck, almost like a blade wasn't loaded in the head.

Mix of XTG/ATG (2nd pass): Very efficient and smooth. This pass was more reducing of the stubble than the closed bar Plate-D. No noticable increase in harshness, either. 

Full out ATG and/or buffing (3rd pass): Fantastic results! Definite blade feel with the smoothness of the closed bar plate. So efficient that I didn't need any buffing.

Totally BBS with less work than with the closed bar plate. NO irritation. I attribute this to it's outstanding efficiency and less passes needed to push a shave for a BBS result. Wonderful feel. I'm not an expert with experience on using too many open comb razors, but this is the best open comb I've ever used. I sold my Timeless 0.95 because it was open comb. This shave was much better than with my past, open comb Timeless. The OC plate feels just as smooth as the closed bar Plate-D. I conclude that it's efficiency is better and somewhere around the KARVE closed bar Plate-E/F. Here's who I think will really love this razor... the person who gravitates to a DFS, 2 pass shave. I believe they will reap a closer shave. As for me, I found acheiving BBS very easy and uber smoothness. I'm very excited to have added the OC plates C and D to my razor. KARVE did it again!!! 

OC Plate-D = gentleness of closed bar C
OC Plate-D = efficiency of closed bar E or F

[Image: 18NeYg0.jpg]

0 29
 03-05-2019, 04:59 AM
User Info
Yes used the new OC with F plate this morning
Karve OC Razor F Plate
Astra Superior Platinum 3rd use (from my Father Adjustable)
Razorock 24mm Barrel Synthetic Brush
PAA Shave Oil
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Cremo Post Shave Balm
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

It just doesn't get any better. So smooth and close. Almost doesn't feel that there is a blade in the head.

[Image: WV0pWfy.jpg]

148 14,234
 03-05-2019, 05:44 PM
User Info
Great review guys now I’m thinking I need to try the OC

30 528
 03-06-2019, 04:21 PM
User Info
Has anyone received an OC they ordered directly from their website? I ordered a few plates on February 23rd, but haven’t had any updates on it shipping out. This the the first time I’ve ordered from them. I got my Karve razor and base plates from West Coast shaving the first time.

1 4
 03-06-2019, 06:16 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(03-05-2019, 04:59 AM)slantman Wrote: Yes used the new OC with F plate this morning
Karve OC Razor F Plate
PAA Shave Oil
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Cremo Post Shave Balm
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

It just doesn't get any better. So smooth and close. Almost doesn't feel that there is a blade in the head.

Have you used the SB F plate? If so, how fo they compare? I prefer OCs and I have the F plate so I’m trying to decide if I want the E or F OC.

3 686
 03-06-2019, 06:54 PM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 04:21 PM)Daga Wrote: Has anyone received an OC they ordered directly from their website? I ordered a few plates on February 23rd, but haven’t had any updates on it shipping out. This the the first time I’ve ordered from them. I got my Karve razor and base plates from West Coast shaving the first time.

I ordered (2) OC plates on Feb 22nd and received March 4th.
You'll need to be patient... Canadian Post is a bit slower than USPS. Biggrin   In addition, their weather plays a big roll in how fast items move throughout Canada. You should have it in no time. If you log into the KARVE website, you'll see your order history with a tracking number. Contact Chris if you need help.

0 29
 03-06-2019, 07:12 PM
User Info
IME, customs is the most erratic in delay times.

9 1,524
 03-07-2019, 09:49 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 06:16 PM)DayMan Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 04:59 AM)slantman Wrote: Yes used the new OC with F plate this morning
Karve OC Razor F Plate
PAA Shave Oil
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Cremo Post Shave Balm
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Have you used the SB F plate? If so, how fo they compare? I prefer OCs and I have the F plate so I’m trying to decide if I want the E or F OC.
The F plate with the OC bottom plate is the ultimate Karve razor. I have use the closed comb with E & F plate but prefer the OC. That is just my opinion. No matter what you decide Karve makes an outstanding razor with lots of head combination choices.

148 14,234
 03-07-2019, 06:45 PM
User Info
2nd --- KARVE OC Plate-D Shave Impression:

Awesome!!! Even though Ladas isn't the sharpest blade in the bunch, it was sure smooth... or was it the OC plate? In either case, this shave was utterly outstanding. Extreme BBS and completely irritation free. My shave passed the 12 hours after test. If I'm still BBS by the end of the day, then I'm certain I acheived one close shave. The OC, if I'm going to get picky, requires a slight bit of extra concentration to find and maintain a proper blade, cutting angle compared to the standard bar plates. However, not hard to find, at all. I'm extremely pleased and happy that I bought the OC C and D. I'm tempted to add OC plate-F soon. These past two shaves have been brilliant, just utterly BRILLIANT!

0 29
 03-09-2019, 07:42 AM
User Info
I received the C plates, open comb and S/B. I’ve been enjoying the open comb so much I haven’t even tried the SB yet. It’s in a league of it own. The shave, price point, and quality of the razor are all outstanding. The range of choices and availability in my mind makes it the best bang for the buck. I was blown away by the RS/10 and the Paradigm single edge which are not available now . I get consistent care free shaves AND no problems shaving 6 to 7 days a week. I love my Karve!

30 404
 03-10-2019, 11:49 AM
User Info
Finally got to try out the Karve with the new OC plate offerings. Went full on in with the F plate as I had ordered 3 base plates in B, D & F. Fit and finish is as expected, just excellent with superb precision and tolerances. The shave was on par with the quality of the product. Plain and simply, superb. Excellent blade feel while still retaining an unexpected smoothness that was very good on the skin. Don’t get me wrong, the blade feel is there such as if you got a bit careless, it will bite. I know, I got careless around the throat area and Sir Adam and I gave myself a nic. But, that was totally on me as I did not skin stretch enough and turned simultaneously while performing some touch ups in that area. Nothing to do with the razor itself as the performance was flawless. The F is not as aggressive as I thought it would be but, that’s not a bad thing. It gives you a bit more blade feel than the F SB plate yet retains that SB smoothness. I would put it at the level of the R41 post 2011 with a softer and easier skin feel, if that makes sense. 

In the end it was a great shave. And honestly, I got exactly what I wanted. I wasn’t looking for a ferocious feeling whisker whacker as I have quite a few of those in my stable. But, rather an efficient yet smooth whisker reducing tool that takes care of business with as little fuss as possible. With the Karve F plate, mission accomplished.....

I’ll be running the Karve OC plates for the rest of the month of March as I’m in a Fixed Four event on another forum. Good timing to get to know this razor with its open comb plate offerings. Will post from time to time with all 3 plate findings and experiences.

Happy shaves all.....

[Image: QqzvpYI.jpg]

1 268
 03-10-2019, 12:06 PM
User Info
Wish I could add photos, but haven’t figured it out on my IPhone X

30 404
 03-10-2019, 12:50 PM
User Info
(03-10-2019, 12:06 PM)morecolor Wrote: Wish I could add photos, but haven’t figured it out on my IPhone X

I think the program software that runs here is not compatible with any apple products. I have the same issue with my IPad & IPhone. It is what it is...

1 268
 03-10-2019, 01:13 PM
User Info
(03-10-2019, 12:50 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 12:06 PM)morecolor Wrote: Wish I could add photos, but haven’t figured it out on my IPhone X

I think the program software that runs here is not compatible with any apple products. I have the same issue with my IPad & IPhone. It is what it is...

iOS devices can post photos, details in this thread: http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=51982

35 1,886
 03-10-2019, 02:58 PM
User Info
When is stainless coming out?!

17 115