09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Hi, all. I love Feather blades. They are sharp, fairly smooth, but not the smoothest blade. They do work beautifully, though. Love them. But they are pricey! Well, I've tried various blades out there. The ones that get a lot of love: Astra SP (very good, but not as sharp as Feathers), 7 O'clock yellow (great, but not as sharp as Feathers and also pricey), 7 O'clock blue (great, but not as sharp as Feathers and pricey), Personna med/lab (decent price, but I did not like them at all). Finally I tried Super Max SP and boy did they work out great! They are almost as sharp as Feathers, smoother than Feathers, last longer than Feathers and are less than half price of Feathers. I bought them at $13.xx/100. This has become my goto blade for milder razors. It is just excellent. Am I alone to have discovered this excellent blade from India? It is easily as good as 7 O'clock blue and yellow at a fraction of the cost. What am I missing?

25 1,705
 09-14-2012, 07:56 PM
User Info
I haven't tried many of the others you've tried and compared, but I have tried the SuperMax platinums, and I agree that they're fantastic, definitely smoother than a Feather and plenty sharp.

2 362
 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM
User Info
Vladimir, if they work for you, then that is what counts. i, personally, do not enjoy them, but if you do, then fantastic.

75 20,883
 09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Blades are the biggest YMMV. You have found your go to blade and it's great! To me they are crappy blades at best Biggrin

88 4,233
 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
As always, YMMV. I happen to think the Super-Max is an excellent blade but the Gillette 7 O' Clock Super Platinums (Dark Blues) have them beat. I am not a fan of the 7 O' Clock Yellows. Feathers give me exactly 2 great shaves and then die so I'm not really a fan. Blades, more than any other piece of wet shaving hardware or software comes down to the individual so enjoy those Super-Maxes. Wink

2 11,211
 09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
User Info
Hello Vladimr,

The SuperMax Super Platinums have been part of my rotation since the first time I used them. Sharp, very smooth and very affordable. One of the few blades that works well in all my razors.

5 833
 09-14-2012, 11:37 PM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
Have no experience of Super Platinum but Blue Diamond (titanium coated SuperMax). They are without question my best blades. Very sharp and very smooth and good for 5 days atleast. Their also one of my cheapest since i made a really bargain deal. Sadly the vendor doesnt offer them anymore.

0 284
 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
User Info
Very good blades indeed.

I ordered a big load at Bestshave.net at fair prices and I think they accompany my beloved Feathers well.

0 641
 09-15-2012, 06:35 AM
User Info
I have been using these blades exclusively for about two years now. 10 shaves a blade. They could last longer for me since my routine is a one pass DFS every other day.

0 11
 09-15-2012, 10:05 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Interesting how different the blades are for everyone. I know I do not like Personna Med/Lab blades and so many people love them. There is a difference between the Platinums and Super Platinums, so I hope I am not confusing people here. I am talking Super Platinums.

Great to have choices, I say. Blades do seem to be the most YMMV item in wet shaving. So many combinations of skin types and hair types, it's not even worth trying to agree.

25 1,705
 09-15-2012, 10:31 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I prefer platinum coated blades. My favorites being Gillette Minora and Gillette Blacks. I bought 100 of the Supermax Super Platinums and they are very good. There one of my daily drivers as my two favorites are pricey.

45 3,955
 09-16-2012, 04:21 AM
User Info
I have not tried the super platinums but I have used the Supermax titaniums and really love those blades, I think i'll give the platinums a try.

0 143
 09-16-2012, 04:50 AM
User Info
I enjoyed this blade as you can see from Test # 9 Super-Max Super Platinum.

https://sites.google.com/site/gdcarringt...allenge-ii

1 2,827
 09-16-2012, 04:52 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Yes, the Super Platinums are great blades for me as well.

Figuring that, I tried the Platinums........NEVER again......a HUGE difference between the two. While the Platinum was sharp, it was like shaving with the proverbial soup can lid. NO where near as smooth as the Super Platinum. This makes me a bit nervous to try the Titaniums from Super Max...

I'm glad you clarified this because someone might definitely confuse the two blades and not get the chance to sample an excellent blade.

(09-15-2012, 10:05 AM)vferdman Wrote: Interesting how different the blades are for everyone. I know I do not like Personna Med/Lab blades and so many people love them. There is a difference between the Platinums and Super Platinums, so I hope I am not confusing people here. I am talking Super Platinums.

Great to have choices, I say. Blades do seem to be the most YMMV item in wet shaving. So many combinations of skin types and hair types, it's not even worth trying to agree.

6 905