02-24-2019, 04:50 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

This past year I tried a variety of synthetic brushes, just for a change of pace from my silvertip and super badger brushes. Tuxedo, Angel Hair, Game Changer, and then the Muhle and Edwin Jagger type knots, and even the handsome custom made synthetic brushes, all paid a visit to the shave then. Of all, I fancied none more than the Simpson synthetic knots for the softness of face feel. The Chubby 2 synthetic, in my opinion, has no equal in density of the knot and the silk in the tips. I love this brush.

I also have the Simpson Duke 3 synthetic, a smaller brush and less dense than the Chubby, with a 23mm knot set to a 46mm loft. The brush has a healthy bounce. It also splays, but it needs a little nudging. One would expect some irritation from this, but because of the silky soft knot, I never did— and I have an ultra sensitive skin.

Since I am returning to my badgers, including my beloved Wiborg and Simpson Chubby 2 super, I will keep the Chubby 2 synthetic and pass on the Duke 3 synthetic. Although many synthetics splay far too much, in my opinion, the Duke 3 synthetic will give you just enough splay to make lathering a pleasure. If you face lather, the Duke 3 synthetic is perfect for that.

The Duke 3 synthetic is a small brush, ideal for daily use or for travel, and it helps create luxurious lather. I bought the brush several months ago for travel, but my plans went out the window with two knee operations. So I have hardly used the brush. The Simpson Duke 3 synthetic cost me $80.97. It is yours for $45 shipped U.S. Paypal is fine. No trades, please. Thanks.

[Image: yMAWtXj.jpg][Image: aCluSNJ.jpg]

189 3,955
 02-24-2019, 06:09 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
The Duke is sold. Thank you.

189 3,955