02-25-2019, 05:48 AM
User Info
Ever wanted your post shave balm to scent like your favorite perfume?
Or maybe you have a splash aftershave for your liking but wanted it to be more like a balm?

disclosure:
The below vendor and myself are not affiliated by any means, and I'm not being paid or profit by this post.
You may actually use any other brand of similar product.

There is a way!
Aveeno is fragrance free daily moisturizing and soothing lotion. Just mix a drop with your preferred fragrance and you'll have a great post shave balm which is non-greasy and your face will be soft and smooth.

I'm doing that a lot with clubman's splashes..

[Image: aaa461b6593b70e13ac0de960ef5f126.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 9
 02-25-2019, 06:08 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Yes I agree, I do the same thing with shea butter and other unsented balms and creams

57 730
 02-25-2019, 09:42 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I do that with MSM lotion and essential oils. 

I use the oils more for their soothing and healing qualities in my palm balm.

its all good!

0 252
 02-25-2019, 11:23 AM
User Info
A drop?  No more?  I'd think perhaps a teaspoon.   

Also, does Aveeno clog pores?

EDIT -- Wait did I get that wrong?  

You wrote, "Just mix a drop with your preferred fragrance."  So, you're mixing a drop of Aveeno in the splash?  Or a drop of the splash in the Aveeno?

1 51
 02-25-2019, 12:06 PM
User Info
(02-25-2019, 11:23 AM)georgetoon Wrote: A drop?  No more?  I'd think perhaps a teaspoon.   

Also, does Aveeno clog pores?

EDIT -- Wait did I get that wrong?  

You wrote, "Just mix a drop with your preferred fragrance."  So, you're mixing a drop of Aveeno in the splash?  Or a drop of the splash in the Aveeno?

simply mix the splash and aveeno on your hand to match the regular amount you usually use as post shave. the ratio depends on the fragrance consecration.if thats perfume (20%-25%) I'll say a drop. and if that an aftershave splash I'll say 6-8 drps. while the rest is the base (aveeno)

it does not clog pores as aveeno specifically being absorbed to the skin very fast. not like oil or some other balms..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 9
 02-25-2019, 08:20 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
My wife has been using Aveeno exclusively for years. She has really soft skin. I prefer a smidge of shea butter post shave, and occasionally add a bit of scent.

13 3,413
 03-05-2019, 04:36 AM
User Info
I gave this a try with Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum after shave and Nivea after shave balm.  Nivea has a bit of a scent, but it still worked well.Smile  However, I'm definitely going to grab a bottle of Aveeno fragrance free/unscented.Smile

Thanks for an absolutely awesome tip!Smile

1 51
 03-05-2019, 05:39 AM
User Info
Also, I just found this on Amazon:

Lubriderm Men's 3-In-1 Unscented Lotion Enriched with Soothing Aloe for Body and Face, Non-Greasy Post Shave Moisturizer, Fragrance-Free, 16 fl. oz 

The price is only $6.96 and available with Prime.

Anyone try this?  How does it stack up against Aveeno?

1 51