03-01-2019, 05:51 PM
User Info
Here lately I have been looking around for soaps that are not run of the mill. I realize there is some risk but, for a few bucks, it is worth the gamble. I found reference to this soap and decided to give it a try. Happy I did. Excellent, quick, comfortable lather. Nice shaves. It is a keeper.

[Image: YtWrYeE.jpg]

22 849
 03-01-2019, 06:47 PM
User Info
I lathered a soap from this company up, and it was a beautiful lather, and the fragrance was great!

However, I had a terrible shave! Just terrible...switched soaps, used the same razor...had a terrible shave!

Got rid of the razor after realizing that we did not agree...think I will revisit this soap based off your recommendation!

I do remember that the lather, and scent were aces...Brown Bess if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks, and have a good one!

Vr

Matt

29 1,456
 03-01-2019, 07:11 PM
User Info
I've read good reviews of this maker. Never got around to trying it.

1 1,073
 03-01-2019, 08:39 PM
User Info
I really like Long Rifle soaps. The scents I've tried, Voyageur and Hunting lodge were both very nicely done. And my shaves were very good. The ingredients list is not overly complex and I believe she uses organic tallow from a local farm in Wisconsin. I really like that she sells 3oz tubs. It's lasts a while, but not too long - I got 60 shaves and I do not skimp when loading. I want to be able to try new scents without stockpiling, so smaller sizes work best. But the 3oz tub is a tad too narrow, my only qualm. I ended up transferring it to a wider tub.

46 1,282
 03-02-2019, 07:43 AM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
I bought a tub of Hunting Lodge scent from the maker several years ago. I don't recall her name.
She had a table set up at a junk show in Shakopee MN. I remember admiring her for being "out there" selling her soap.

I recall that it was decent soap and had a scent that i quite enjoyed. The reason, I passed it on was the smallish container. Though is was a varnished metal (nice), it was one of those 3 inch sizes that was just too small for my preference.

I don't know what she's using now.

Just my recollections

MaxP

65 1,883