03-04-2019, 07:47 AM
User Info
I received my first bottle of Floid in the mail today, the Mentolado Vigoroso variant, and I must say it's fantastic. It's still a first impression, of course, but this might be a new favorite. Wife loved it too ("I approve").
I'm starting to realize why they sell it in these huge bottles...

[Image: tZ5Lgja.jpg]

1 235
 03-04-2019, 07:54 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Yes, it is fantastic.   One of my favorites. I wish they still made the Blue version.   It was great too.

28 780
 03-04-2019, 07:59 AM
User Info
(03-04-2019, 07:54 AM)NJDJ Wrote: Yes, it is fantastic.   One of my favorites. I wish they still made the Blue version.   It was great too.

So I hear, I'm sorry I "missed it". I'll be ordering a bottle of Epsilon Blue Mediterranean though, I read in another thread that it's close. I will also try the other Floid's in time, that's for sure.

1 235
 03-04-2019, 08:13 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
It's a nice product. The scent is not a favorite of mine though. I don't use it very often. What I don't like is that it lasts for quite some time on me. Others will say that this is a plus. Because of that, I can't wear any EdT or EdP if I use the Vigoroso.

It pairs nicely with the I Coloniali.

Black is my favorite of this brand.

60 2,593
 03-04-2019, 08:23 AM
User Info
(03-04-2019, 08:13 AM)nikos.a Wrote: It's a nice product. The scent is not a favorite of mine though. I don't use it very often. What I don't like is that it lasts for quite some time on me. Others will say that this is a plus. Because of that, I can't wear any EdT or EdP if I use the Vigoroso.

I can certainly understand that the scent might not be everyone's cup of tea. It is mine, though. Smile  I take your point about the lasting, I suppose that depends on what one expects from an AS. 
The black variant seem to be divisive, I read reviews both from people who love it and from those who loathe it.

1 235
 03-04-2019, 10:29 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-04-2019, 08:23 AM)RazorSteve Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 08:13 AM)nikos.a Wrote: It's a nice product. The scent is not a favorite of mine though. I don't use it very often. What I don't like is that it lasts for quite some time on me. Others will say that this is a plus. Because of that, I can't wear any EdT or EdP if I use the Vigoroso.

I can certainly understand that the scent might not be everyone's cup of tea. It is mine, though. Smile  I take your point about the lasting, I suppose that depends on what one expects from an AS. 
The black variant seem to be divisive, I read reviews both from people who love it and from those who loathe it.
If it lasted half an hour on me, that would be great. ASL has a puprose, to disinfect giving a light and pleasant scent to the shaved area. Most classic barbers use or used to apply a lemon or fougere type after shave. If the asl is very strong and lasts for more than two hours, it's not an asl in my book. It's not an EdT and it's not supposed to have the same performance.

Black has a pineapple/very sweet/cough syrup vibe that I like a lot. It's said to be an Aventus clone. When I bought it, 5+ years ago, if you asked me what Aventus is, I'd probably reply that it's a Latin name. I had no idea. Now, after having worn both, I can't really say that Black is an Aventus clone, their scents are not very close.

60 2,593
 03-04-2019, 10:56 AM
User Info
I take your point about long lasting aftershaves, then again, if you like the scent and it does the job of an AS well, it could be regarded as the EdT being built in. I think it depends on the situation if that's a good or a bad thing. Personally I almost never wear EdT but I don't mind smelling like Floid.

Black sounds interesting, I think I'll put that on my to-buy list.

1 235
 03-04-2019, 02:04 PM
User Info
I like Floid.  I'm disappointed that the Blue is discontinued and wish I had a stash of it.  However, the Epsilon clone is so good that I'll survive without the original.  I find that the scent of the Floid amber aftershaves lingers longer than the Blue.  I usually use an aftershave splash and don't follow it with a fragrance, so I don't have any issues with clashing scents.  When I'm going to use a fragrance, I'll use unscented witch hazel as an aftershave splash.

[Image: 7ug7Bmv.jpg]

57 9,026
 03-04-2019, 02:18 PM
User Info
(03-04-2019, 02:04 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I like Floid.  I'm disappointed that the Blue is discontinued and wish I had a stash of it.  However, the Epsilon clone is so good that I'll survive without the original.  I find that the scent of the Floid amber aftershaves lingers longer than the Blue.  I usually use an aftershave splash and don't follow it with a fragrance, so I don't have any issues with clashing scents.  When I'm going to use a fragrance, I'll use unscented witch hazel as an aftershave splash.

Good to hear about the Epsilon, I shall definitely try it next.
How does the Genuine differ from the Vigoroso? I've understood that the Vigoroso has more menthol, but I only really noticed the menthol kick when I splashed it on my face, the menthol does not seem to linger in the scent.

1 235
 03-04-2019, 06:53 PM
User Info
From the name, I assume the "Mentolado Vigoroso" has more menthol.  However, I don't detect the difference in menthol in the scent from the bottles.

57 9,026
 03-04-2019, 11:22 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Vigoroso has more menthol than Suave.

Vigoroso and Genuine are the same product I believe. They used to be different some years ago.

60 2,593
 03-07-2019, 02:40 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Thank to a very generous member here, I have enough of the Blue to last for years unless I start using it exclusively.  I also use the Genuine or Amber. Both are among my favorites.

8 2,602
 03-07-2019, 03:27 PM
User Info
One odd thing I have noticed with this aftershave is that I can smell it on myself for a very long time. Normally my nose stop registering whatever AS I wear but not with Floid. Not sure if this makes sense.

1 235
 03-08-2019, 01:59 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(03-07-2019, 03:27 PM)RazorSteve Wrote: One odd thing I have noticed with this aftershave is that I can smell it on myself for a very long time. Normally my nose stop registering whatever AS I wear but not with Floid. Not sure if this makes sense.
Me too.

8 2,602
 03-27-2019, 09:35 AM
User Info
Received yesterday from the "ozone" (a large Russian online store) all Floid unfortunately without Blue 
Today, 1 US dollar is equal to 64.72 Russian ruble
Aftershave lotion Floid Dopobarba (Genuino), 400 ml 747.75 rub.
Lotion for soft massage Floid Masaje Genuino (SUAVE), 150 ml 489,00 rub.
Lotion for energy massage Floid Masaje Genuino (mentolado Vigoroso), 150 ml 488,00 руб.
Aftershave lotion Floid After Shave (BLACK), 150 ml 483,00 руб.
After shaving, I immediately experienced Vigoroso, to which my wife reacted positively, ventilated the apartment and asked after using this lotion to be out of the house for two hours) Although, she says, the scent is cool, but it is very intense. Tomorrow I'll try Genuine, check my wife's reaction.After shaving, I immediately experienced Vigoroso, to which my wife reacted positively, ventilated the apartment and asked after using it to walk for a couple of hours outside)) Although, she says, the scent is cool, but it is very intense. Tomorrow I'll try Genuine, check the spouse's reaction.

0 3