03-05-2019, 06:22 AM
User Info
Over the years I've tried so many soaps, most are good. I've had a few lousy ones and a few great ones.
Now , many of these good and great have turned out to be BAD for me, due to allergic reaction.
Nancy Boy IS good....and still is good. If you're new to wet shaving, old to it with a lot of irritation, try
Nancy Boy. It's a cream, I take a little dab on my finger, smear on my jaw line then work a lather w/brush.
It lathers up soooo easily. Now the important facts, all kinds of good natural ingredients, good slickness,
fantastic face feel. It does have a cuke, aloe smell....which I am not crazy about, not really bad, just IS.
The balm is good too. Oh , it's called NANCY BOY REPLENSHING SHAVE CREAM......And NO ONE PAYS 
ME CRAP TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.... Dodgy

1 1,073
 03-05-2019, 07:03 AM
User Info
(03-05-2019, 06:22 AM)zipper Wrote: Over the years I've tried so many soaps, most are good. I've had a few lousy ones and a few great ones.
Now , many of these good and great have turned out to be BAD for me, due to allergic reaction.
Nancy Boy IS good....and still is good. If you're new to wet shaving, old to it with a lot of irritation, try
Nancy Boy. It's a cream, I take a little dab on my finger, smear on my jaw line then work a lather w/brush.
It lathers up soooo easily. Now the important facts, all kinds of good natural ingredients, good slickness,
fantastic face feel. It does have a cuke, aloe smell....which I am not crazy about, not really bad, just IS.
The balm is good too. Oh , it's called NANCY BOY REPLENSHING SHAVE CREAM......And NO ONE PAYS 

So you've abandoned SV!!!

0 178
 03-05-2019, 07:41 AM
User Info
(03-05-2019, 07:03 AM)Roy Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 06:22 AM)zipper Wrote: Over the years I've tried so many soaps, most are good. I've had a few lousy ones and a few great ones.

So you've abandoned SV!!!

OH NO !!! SV is still my Sunday soap, I'm still using other soaps too. It's just that Nancy Boy is a really good, overlooked, underappreciated product
I thought should be mentioned.

1 1,073
 03-05-2019, 09:28 AM
User Info
Nancy Boy also comes in a nice, refreshing rosemary/peppermint scent, called "signature" scent, I believe.  I like that scent much better than the cucumber/aloe one.  

Good cream, but I don't use creams at all anymore.

3 1,993
 03-05-2019, 10:40 AM
User Info
@ Zipper, I had understood that the Replenishing scent was mild enough to be considered virtually unscented. Am I wrong? We need unscented due to breathing problems. Please respond.

17 388
 03-05-2019, 10:48 AM
User Info
(03-05-2019, 10:40 AM)slackskin Wrote: @ Zipper, I had understood that the Replenishing scent was mild enough to be considered virtually unscented. Am I wrong? We need unscented due to breathing problems. Please respond.

Maybe... Dodgy It's not like a 'fragrance", it's just the smell of cucumber and aloe. If you cut up, those two things. It's just a "smell/odor". Like you cut an onion, you smell onion.

1 1,073
 03-05-2019, 03:30 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I dont know  Huh

I did a google on nancy boy and this came up: The word "Nancy-boy" is a postwar term for a homosexual male. It is a softer word than faggot, queer, (the quote from the urban dictionary is a bit rude from that point on but you get the picture)

It is a new age after all and now some husbands have husbands and some wives have wives and some husbands were once wives... but well anyway, so you say NB is a really really good cream or is it just a really good cream. just sayin...

Ah, what's in a name, can't break your bones like sticks and stones after all. and well using a shave cream called Nancy Boy won't actually make one a nancy boy. uhhh will it? Huh

0 317
 03-05-2019, 03:38 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
here is the NB formula

Ingredients

Distilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate, sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil, essential oil fragance, organic aloe leaf juice, avocado oil, allantoin, pistachio nut oil, extracts of yarrow, burdock, calendula, chamomile, bitter orange, sea kelp, elder flower, comfrey and cucumber, methyl gluceth-20, polyquaternium-7, sorbic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, vitamin E.

I usually don't use or eat anything that has ingredients that I can't pronounce so there are a few here. but the pistachio nut oil is intriguing

0 317
 03-05-2019, 04:22 PM
User Info
(03-05-2019, 03:38 PM)RyznRio Wrote: here is the NB formula

Ingredients

Distilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate, sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil, essential oil fragance, organic aloe leaf juice, avocado oil, allantoin, pistachio nut oil, extracts of yarrow, burdock, calendula, chamomile, bitter orange, sea kelp, elder flower, comfrey and cucumber, methyl gluceth-20, polyquaternium-7, sorbic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, vitamin E.

I usually don't use or eat anything that has ingredients that I can't pronounce so there are a few here. but the pistachio nut oil is intriguing

Mine reads Biggrinistilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate,sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil,organic aloe leaf juice, natural cucumber hydrosol,
lemon essential oil ,avocado oil, allantoin, pistatio nut oil,extracts of yarrow, burdock, calendula, chamomile, bitter orange, sea kelp, elder flower, comfrey and
cucumber, methylgluceth-20,polyquaternium-7, sorbic acid, hydoxeyethylcellulose, vitamin-E
A few different ingredients than yours. I know it works well for me and you probably eat, drink and wear many things you can't pronounce.

1 1,073
 03-05-2019, 05:15 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(03-05-2019, 04:22 PM)zipper Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 03:38 PM)RyznRio Wrote: here is the NB formula

Ingredients

Mine reads Biggrinistilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate,sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil,organic aloe leaf juice, natural cucumber hydrosol,
lemon essential oil ,avocado oil, allantoin, pistatio nut oil,extracts of yarrow, burdock, calendula, chamomile, bitter orange, sea kelp, elder flower, comfrey and
cucumber, methylgluceth-20,polyquaternium-7, sorbic acid, hydoxeyethylcellulose, vitamin-E
A few different ingredients than yours. I know it works well for me and you probably eat, drink and wear many things you can't pronounce.
I am sure the soap is great. it is a manufactured, uber lather, as it is glycerin based.

actually i do not eat drink or wear a product that has ingredients that i cant pronounce and/or don't recognize. i read labels very carefully. 
my wife and I are both good cooks and we both cook from scratch using organic ingredients. 
topical products are scrutinized carefully and choices are based on simplicity. 
if i cant find something i like, then i take out Jethro Kloss's book "Back to Eden" and make it myself.  OTC items like cough syrup, lozenges, creams, lotions, etc.,
I have been doing this for about 40 years learning as I go. During that time my test results say I am healthy, so I don't need to take pharmaceuticals for any reason. 
I like to keep it simple and basic. after all, my body is a temple.

0 317
 03-05-2019, 06:39 PM
User Info
These remain great products. I live near their store in SF, which is very classy and in a cool neighborhood. The owners and people who work in the shop are very nice and helpful. The prices for their products are also solid. Don’t let the name dissuade you.

10 362
 03-05-2019, 06:42 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Nancy Boy is a very good product - got a tub myself. For some reason the really clean scent reminds me of OG Lifebuoy soap. My choice for really warm days.

23 778
 03-05-2019, 07:13 PM
User Info
I’m a HUGE Nancy Boy Fan Boy. My favorite cream by any measure. I’ve recently discovered a new artisan soap I like but Nancy Boy will NEVER leave my rotation.

0 217
 03-06-2019, 11:35 AM
  • diggity
  • Los Gatos, CA
User Info
They have always had great products. Their bath soaps are fantastic as well, and reasonable in price when you by by the three pack and get enough for free shipping.

19 314
 03-09-2019, 05:29 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 11:35 AM)diggity Wrote: They have always had great products. Their bath soaps are fantastic as well, and reasonable in price when you by by the three pack and get enough for free shipping.

I had a bath soap from a long time back, forgot I had it. Dug it out after your comment, it's really good... Thumbup

1 1,073
 03-09-2019, 06:31 AM
User Info
Use Nancy Boy Many years ago .. It is one of the best creams in the market .. Unfortunately now they do not send to Europe.

8 1,924
 03-09-2019, 02:16 PM
User Info
(03-05-2019, 04:22 PM)zipper Wrote: Mine reads Biggrinistilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate,sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil,organic aloe leaf juice, natural cucumber hydrosol,

Those ingredients read like a cornucopia basket stuffed to the gills with limonene and linalool. All those herbs have linalool and the lemon essential oil and bitter orange have max amounts of limonene.

0 245
 03-09-2019, 02:26 PM
User Info
(03-09-2019, 02:16 PM)bennett Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 04:22 PM)zipper Wrote: Mine reads Biggrinistilled water, potassium stearate, sodium myristate,sodium stearate, glycerin, coconut oil,organic aloe leaf juice, natural cucumber hydrosol,

Those ingredients read like a cornucopia basket stuffed to the gills with limonene and linalool. All those herbs have linalool and the lemon essential oil and bitter orange have max amounts of limonene.

Works well for me, the quantities must be low. Been using it daily for three days.

1 1,073
 03-09-2019, 02:27 PM
User Info
Really nice product and company. Love their shave cream and bath soaps. Light pleasing scents and great performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 850
 03-10-2019, 06:06 AM
  • Nero
User Info
Good skin feel. Wish they had different scents.

90 3,762