03-06-2019, 12:21 AM
User Info
I am contemplating getting myself a Schick Eversharp Injector (mostly for nostalgic reasons, my dad used to have one when I was a boy) and I'm trying to figure out how expensive it will be to actually shave with it.
As I understand it, you get about or over 10 shaves per blade from these? I see claims of between 8 and 15 when I google.

Locating a source of blades in the EU is not easy (tips are welcome) and ordering from the US is unfortunately not feasible, but I found a place selling these Personna blades, would they fit a Schick injector?
They are much cheaper than the "Chinese Schick blades" in 7-blade cartridges so it would lower the price per shave if they work. 
[Image: image_303065_1.png]

0 108
 03-06-2019, 12:55 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
10 shaves on average I'd say. I've used the vintage Schick Super Chromiums that come with the Schick "Lady" Eversharp and each one of them lasted 16 shaves. These are superior blades, but unfortunately discontinued.

Connaught sells the Ted Pella or Personna Injector blades. They fit any Schick model. So no import duties (yet).

Chick or Schick in the yellow packaging are really good too.

There are times I prefer the Ted Pella blades to Chicks. They are a bit smoother if I may say. They are also less expensive.

59 2,485
 03-06-2019, 01:29 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 12:55 AM)nikos.a Wrote: 10 shaves on average I'd say. I've used the vintage Schick Super Chromiums that come with the Schick "Lady" Eversharp and each one of them lasted 16 shaves. These are superior blades, but unfortunately discontinued.

Connaught sells the Ted Pella or Personna Injector blades. They fit any Schick model. So no import duties (yet).

Chick or Schick in the yellow packaging are really good too.

There are times I prefer the Ted Pella blades to Chicks. They are a bit smoother if I may say. They are also less expensive.

Thanks, that helps. Personna's seems to be the cheapest ones. That's actually better than I had feared, a 100 pack should keep me in blades for a good while.

0 108
 03-06-2019, 01:49 AM
User Info
I get two to three weeks of shaves out of both Schicks and Personna blades, using the lovely Schick Lady I bought from Nikos.

Connaught in the UK is one of the better places I know to get these blades, although I'm a little puzzled as to why buying from the US isn't feasible? I've gotten blades from over the pond, and you're right next door Tongue

3 6,135
 03-06-2019, 02:12 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 01:49 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I get two to three weeks of shaves out of both Schicks and Personna blades, using the lovely Schick Lady I bought from Nikos.

Connaught in the UK is one of the better places I know to get these blades, although I'm a little puzzled as to why buying from the US isn't feasible? I've gotten blades from over the pond, and you're right next door Tongue

Next door but not under the same rules, since last year.
It's not feasible because after Price + Shipping + 25% VAT (on product price AND shipping) + The Swedish Postal Service 7.5€ per-packet fee it ends up being expensive with small packages, not to mention slow since it is likely to sit around Swedish customs for a week or two.

All EU countries (AFAIK) has a rule that low value packages (usually below 20 or 22€) are not subject to VAT and customs, except Sweden where it's VAT and customs from 0€. And no other EU country have the extra 7.5€ fee which was introduced last year (election year, hint hint) as a panic measure to try and save the collapsing Swedish Online market (since everyone was buying stuff from Aliexpress etc). Officially it's a "handling fee" but it's basically a stealth anti-China measure. Unfortunately it's for all "third countries" outside the single market so they can pretend it's not anti-China.

0 108
 03-06-2019, 03:29 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
While the Personna blades shave me ok, I settled on the Schick branded blades for a few reasons. I like the shaves, they’re available at a local pharmacy, and for me they’re easier to use. The plastic Personna housing proved too flimsy when inserting new blades - what a hassle. The all-metal Schick construction makes changing blades a smoother and easier procedure. YMMV.

10 3,314
 03-06-2019, 06:41 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 03:29 AM)chazt Wrote: While the Personna blades shave me ok, I settled on the Schick branded blades for a few reasons. I like the shaves, they’re available at a local pharmacy, and for me they’re easier to use. The plastic Personna housing proved too flimsy when inserting new blades - what a hassle. The all-metal Schick construction makes changing blades a smoother and easier procedure. YMMV.

Thanks for the input, I suppose I'll have to try both.

0 108
 03-06-2019, 07:06 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-06-2019, 06:41 AM)RazorSteve Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 03:29 AM)chazt Wrote: While the Personna blades shave me ok, I settled on the Schick branded blades for a few reasons. I like the shaves, they’re available at a local pharmacy, and for me they’re easier to use. The plastic Personna housing proved too flimsy when inserting new blades - what a hassle. The all-metal Schick construction makes changing blades a smoother and easier procedure. YMMV.

Thanks for the input, I suppose I'll have to try both.

That's the best way. There are vintage blade options as well.

59 2,485
 03-06-2019, 07:24 AM
User Info
(03-06-2019, 02:12 AM)RazorSteve Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 01:49 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I get two to three weeks of shaves out of both Schicks and Personna blades, using the lovely Schick Lady I bought from Nikos.

Next door but not under the same rules, since last year.
It's not feasible because after Price + Shipping + 25% VAT (on product price AND shipping) + The Swedish Postal Service 7.5€ per-packet fee it ends up being expensive with small packages, not to mention slow since it is likely to sit around Swedish customs for a week or two.

All EU countries (AFAIK) has a rule that low value packages (usually below 20 or 22€) are not subject to VAT and customs, except Sweden where it's VAT and customs from 0€. And no other EU country have the extra 7.5€ fee which was introduced last year (election year, hint hint) as a panic measure to try and save the collapsing Swedish Online market (since everyone was buying stuff from Aliexpress etc). Officially it's a "handling fee" but it's basically a stealth anti-China measure. Unfortunately it's for all "third countries" outside the single market so they can pretend it's not anti-China.

Norway got pretty steep customs fee too... 25% VAT and 149 NOK (17.20$/15.20€). At least we don't have to pay on items that is valued at least than 350 NOK (40.40$/15.20€) including shipping.

But yeah, I can definitely see how having to pay a fixed handling fee on a few packs of blades would get old really fast.

3 6,135