09-15-2012, 01:29 PM
User Info
[Image: 31AK9vcQpmL._SS500_.jpg]

Lucido is a Japanese aftershave, made by the same company that makes Mandom (you may have seen their old commercials starring Charles Bronson.)

Lucido itself is an interesting product. I find it very moisturizing (due to the heavy glycerine content), even though it is clearly a splash. It smells heavily of alcohol when first applied, but is otherwise unscented. It also contains a healthy dose of menthol; I'd put this above AV, but well below face freezers like Osage Rub.

My issue with this cologne is the fact that it acts as a moisturizer and face cooler. Typically I use mentholated aftershaves in the summer (all two months of it in Seattle), and prefer more moisturizing aftershaves in the cooler months. Since this product does both, I find it difficult to use on most days.

I also don't like the initial scent blast of rubbing alcohol and menthol. Even though it is basically unscented after this, a product like Speick has a much nicer scent on application and also fades relatively quickly. So on days I wear a fragrance, I'd rather use Speick or other products that fade quickly.

In short, it's not really a product I care for very much. I know it does appeal to a number of wetshavers, so this is just my opinion.

It should cost around $11-13 dollars if there are Japanese grocery stores in your area, or a little more if you buy online.

12 1,238
 09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thanks for the info! It seems like an interesting product but I couldn't see myself using an unscented aftershave very often.

45 3,955
 09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
User Info
I love that aftershave, it works great subtly scented too, I just wish I was able to find it at a local grocer in Canada.

39 691
 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I use Lucido almost daily. I'm not one for strong scents and I like the feel of it on my face. I usually follow up with a balm of some sort, either aloe or Clarins. I travel to Japan several times a year so I always pick up a few bottles of Lucido when I'm there.

0 911
 09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Like I needed another bottle of unknown aftershave to 192 that I already have, I have no control, need to try it Angry
Thanks for the review Biggrin

88 4,233
 02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
User Info
I picked this up for myself (and a couple of other Nook members) when I was in Japan around New Year's.
It's really hard to beat the price there...only around $6.

It took me a while to try Lúcido because I'd picked up an array of other nice -- and reasonably priced -- splashes too.

But I like it. The level of cooling it gives is very agreeable, I like the face feel, and today I wanted to use the Laline EdT I picked up recently -- so the absence of scent was a positive.

5 696