03-22-2019, 09:03 AM
User Info
[Image: bP7FFIQ.jpg]

We can't decide if the small patch of dirt next to our house - which sprouts three birch trees, a hedge and a ton of weeds - is a garden or a yard... hence we call it "the yarden".

3 6,508
 03-22-2019, 11:34 AM
User Info
Nice photo Hans.   I'm surprised you have flowers already.  I thought it was still too cold in Norway for flowers.  I just did a quick search for the weather in Olso today, and it is 34 F at 8:24 p.m. your time.  

Spring in Miami means the pineapple plants are beginning to produce fruit.  I counted 15 small pineaples growing in our yard today.  Here is one of them, and it's just under 5" tall.  The mango trees are blooming, and we'll have fruit in the summer. 

[Image: ONccKlA.jpg]

60 9,345
 03-22-2019, 02:07 PM
User Info
(03-22-2019, 09:03 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: [Image: bP7FFIQ.jpg]

We can't decide if the small patch of dirt next to our house - which sprouts three birch trees, a hedge and a ton of weeds - is a garden or a yard... hence we call it "the yarden".
You are far ahead of us Hans! Snow today and the ground is still frozen around roots, it's still winter for us even though the planet says it's spring.

32 6,574
 03-26-2019, 06:30 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
In Connecticut it is spring but no flowers have appeared as yet. the day lilies have sprouted and the buds on the trees are swelling. The robins have returned. the Canadian geese have returned and are nesting. in the same week we have had temps of 65F and 25F. yes its spring in the NE USA

0 317
 03-26-2019, 07:27 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Beautiful crocus, Hans. It's always nice to see crocus popping up as a sign that winter is about over. We've had a warm spell in the Pacific Northwest, and suddenly cherry trees are in full bloom. I'm hoping we don't suddenly get a cold spell and freeze the buds popping out all over.

38 5,994