03-23-2019, 06:33 AM
User Info
A few days ago, I met this man in a store, I never got his name or he mine. He just made a comment because I was wearing a Vietnam Vet. cap. He too was a Vet.
and we talked about where and when. This turned into a very long discussion that went thru our lives. How it happened....I don't know??? But it was, as I look back,
our "bucket list" I guess. So, have you completed your list? I have one thing left, I'm pretty sure I'll do that too. Just one technicality, I wanted to cross America with
a buddy in a Corvette ( old TV series, Route 66) but I did it on a motorcycle. So I count that as completed. So, I got just the one left.... Rolleyes I never really wrote down 
this list, it just has been there since I was a kid. I've not added or deleted anything, just had one and completed it without really planning it as a goal that had to be 
completed. Just not a big deal at the time. Oh, one thing which I never really seriously considered possible after childhood, "THE SPACEMAN DREAM"..... Winky

1 1,073
 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
The first and only item on my Bucket List is not to have a Bucket List. To me a BL is fatalistic and confining. It reminds me of when I was at boarding school: each term we had a Home Gloat on which we ticked of the days to the end of term and holidays. My wife, however, has a BL, but we rarely discuss it. Having said that, there are certain things I’d like to do or experience before my sands of time run out, but I keep them fluid. “So little done,so much to do.” Cecil J. Rhodes

9 1,104
 03-25-2019, 12:17 PM
User Info
Not a bucket list item per se, but I would really like to know what rituals took place in the megalithic temples on Malta back in the early Neolithic..

3 6,508
 03-25-2019, 12:36 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
At one time I had a bucket list of performers to see before “they” pass. The only person I have not checked off is Chuck Berry. In regards to any other bucket list, tbh I’m simply trying to appreciate each day as much as possible until retirement comes along. And then Watch Out Baby!! Man will that be a groove Biggrin

15 3,611
 03-25-2019, 03:07 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(03-25-2019, 12:36 PM)chazt Wrote: At one time I had a bucket list of performers to see before “they” pass. The only person I have not checked off is Chuck Berry.

We had Chuck Berry perform in our fraternity house in 1963, so I checked that one off early.  

As for my own bucket list, there are many I could think of, but high on the list is this one:

A week or ten days here.

But I possibly could be dissuaded to go here instead:

Oh yeah:  in the dead of winter.

1 1,371
 03-25-2019, 04:27 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
(03-25-2019, 12:17 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Not a bucket list item per se, but I would really like to know what rituals took place in the megalithic temples on Malta back in the early Neolithic..

+1

16 807