03-24-2019, 07:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
This is one of the first products I bought in 2012. This is the second bottle, bought in 2015 I think, and still has plenty in it.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan back then. I gave my first bottle to my brother. Lately, I use it very often.

I like the scent and the relatively intense menthol kick. I can find it locally for cheap, it's a classic and reminds me of my first days in the hobby.

One of the many must-try lotions. I prefer it to many others (Floid Vigoroso, La Toja lotion etc.).

(I'm sure most of you have already tried this product, but it doesn't hurt to remember a few good and affordable products!)

[Image: 0Vuqpee.jpg?1]

60 2,593
 03-24-2019, 07:29 AM
User Info
Nikos, infact Proraso was the first brand I bought when I started TWS journey back in 2016.

I bought a big 500ml tube of shave cream, n green balm. Was blown away with the scent, aftershave feel compared to other shaving products I was on till then.

Couldn't lay my hands on the Aftershave ever due to shipping restrictions earlier on but then really moved on soaps etc and never looked back. I really want to try A/s so much. Someday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,221
 03-24-2019, 07:48 AM
User Info
(03-24-2019, 07:29 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Nikos, infact Proraso was the first brand I bought when I started TWS journey back in 2016.

I bought a big 500ml tube of shave cream, n green balm. Was blown away with the scent, aftershave feel compared to other shaving products I was on till then.

Couldn't lay my hands on the Aftershave ever due to shipping restrictions  earlier on but then really moved on soaps etc and never looked back. I really want to try A/s so much. Someday....

Proraso was the first non aerosol cream I bought and got 3 nephews hooked into wet shaving with Proraso. Could be the "gateway" cream.

62 1,457
 03-24-2019, 08:41 AM
User Info
(03-24-2019, 07:48 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 07:29 AM)Jags009 Wrote: Nikos, infact Proraso was the first brand I bought when I started TWS journey back in 2016.

Couldn't lay my hands on the Aftershave ever due to shipping restrictions  earlier on but then really moved on soaps etc and never looked back. I really want to try A/s so much. Someday....

Proraso was the first non aerosol cream I bought and got 3 nephews hooked into wet shaving with Proraso. Could be the "gateway" cream.

You are right(gateway cream).

Another brand I always wanted to try but didn't was Musgo Real.

3 1,221
 03-24-2019, 08:54 AM
User Info
I have the proraso green aftershave in lotion form ... I wish the menthol effect was stronger, and lasted longer

3 258
 03-24-2019, 11:51 AM
User Info
I agree to Proraso green being a gateway drug.
The green soap was the first thing I bought with my first razor. Then I found the set (in the beautiful tin box) with the green preshave, cream and AS lotion for very cheap on sale. Bought a second set for my brother on his 40th birthday, still hoping it will inspire him to trad wetshaving. Even though I have since tried better soaps I still feel these products are excellent value for money. I enjoy the menthol kick when using the soap or cream.

1 235