09-16-2012, 12:09 PM
User Info
I went to the Antique district in my new city, and was finding all kinds of vintage shaving goodies. Several razors were over priced, but I found one little gem...

An Eversharp Schick Injector for $4.95 (and a brass Gillette DE razor case for a few dollars more)

It looks like it's in pretty good shape, but does need a very thorough cleaning. Now I just have to source some decently priced injector blades, and give this bad boy a go! (PS - what's the best way to clean this thing? Scrubbing Bubble soak and a toothbrush? Maybe finish the head with some brasso?)

[Image: img1240mm.jpg]

0 32
 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Nice catches. Scrubbing bubbles and toothbrush and if that works well then you might not need the Brasso, which might be too harsh. You might want to sterilize it in Barbicide, too.

For the blades, try here: http://www.drugstore.com/templates/gn/de...tid=180638 The Schick Injector blades in the yellow pack (sometimes called Chinese Schick Injectors because of where they are produced) are superb.

2 11,211
 09-16-2012, 12:49 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Great razor for the price. The blades will cost you more but should be well worth it.

100 12,438
 09-16-2012, 04:30 PM
User Info
Nice find and enjoy the razor.

75 20,883
 09-16-2012, 07:03 PM
User Info
Nice rescue! I see you've gone head first in the the SE razors. Brasso might be too strong, I would recommend Flitz, which is non-abrasive and has brought many razors back to their glorious shine for me. Also, Flitz works great on plastic and will have that handle looking good as new. I also hear, MAAS is good, however, I've never tried it.

5 938
 09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
User Info
I gave it the toothpaste treatment first, and it came out looking a *lot* better. I may try some Flitz. I've been reading about it for a while, and the handle looks like it could use the extra love.

I also ordered a pack of blades for this bad boy. Can't wait to try it out! My evolution towards being a LOSER is growing stronger and stronger.

0 32
 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
User Info
Good score. I had fun playing with my Schick injectors until finally deciding that SE shaving just wasn't for me. I hope you enjoy this razor.

183 12,002
 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great score.

I would not recommend using Brasso, I had a bad experience using it on a razor.

1 3,507
 10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
  • OldDog23
  • BeanTown MetroWest
User Info
nice find ! schick injectors are a tad aggressive from my experience. some say they are close to shaving with a well sharpened straight. The last time I used straights, I hadn't learned how to sharpen yet, what do I know ? one tip about cleaning, is: if you have access to a smokeshop, find the slimmest pipe cleaners that you can find, bristle-types work fine if you can get one slim enough. take (plug in)an empty injector vault to open it up slightly, without over-forcing anything, and after a good soaking in your cleaner, have a go at it with the pipecleaners to loosen any residue that you can reach. I find I can get most of the heavy stuff worked loose using this approach. P.S. those little metal "blanks" that are in the razors when new, are NOT defective blades. they are put there to facilitate loading the first blade from the injector pack. all subsequent blades would be loaded while a used blade was installed, so they would load normally. just thought I'd throw in this little tibit. There was one of these in my m40(model "N")...yellow paperboard blister pack w/2 blades, when I bought it new, early 70's.(dates to about `68 with plated strips on square black grooved handle) seems to have gotten lost to history why they were put there. I still have the razor AND the blank. Why I kept the blank, I have NO IDEA. Mama always said I was a junk collector ! Steven (OldDog23)

0 1,291
 10-20-2012, 09:18 PM
User Info
I also would not recommend any brasso.

hit the razor with some soapy, warm water and see how it cleans up. if it still has gunk on it, try some scrubbing bubbles and hit it with a tooth brush again.

40 5,830