04-02-2019, 06:20 AM
User Info
If you go to straightrazordesigns this message about the forum is posted: The original, straightrazorplace.com forum is under construction for improvements and will be back and improved coming soon. Here is the link: https://straightrazordesigns.com/pages/s...razorplace. This means that forum will be back with the straightrazorplace name? And the forum now named sharprazorpalace is the forum that is said to be hijacked?

0 122
 04-02-2019, 06:29 AM
User Info
I don’t know how you found that page - but the root URL still says that straightrazordesigns is closed.

https://straightrazordesigns.com
To our valued customers, we’d like to thank you for an incredible 10 years. As they say about all good things...it has come time to close our doors. We’re grateful for the opportunity to have served you over the last decade. We will miss the relationships we’ve built together and the SOTD’s we’ve helped create.
Forever Grateful,
Don & Lynn

34 1,808
 04-02-2019, 07:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Alex7 Wrote: If you go to straightrazordesigns this message about the forum is posted: The original, straightrazorplace.com forum is under construction for improvements and will be back and improved coming soon. Here is the link: https://straightrazordesigns.com/pages/s...razorplace. This means that forum will be back with the straightrazorplace name? And the forum now named sharprazorpalace is the forum that is said to be hijacked?

First, Straight Razor Designs is now an officially closed vendor.  Kaput, out of business.

Second, from my understanding, nothing was hijacked.  It was a business decision but they could not use the name Straight Razor Place as Lynn owns that name.  I do not believe you will see another forum started using that name.

182 25,473
 04-02-2019, 08:30 AM
User Info
(04-02-2019, 06:29 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I don’t know how you found that page - but the root URL still says that straightrazordesigns is closed.

To our valued customers, we’d like to thank you for an incredible 10 years. As they say about all good things...it has come time to close our doors. We’re grateful for the opportunity to have served you over the last decade. We will miss the relationships we’ve built together and the SOTD’s we’ve helped create.
Forever Grateful,
Don & Lynn
The root URL yes, but the one I linked says that the original straightrazorplace forum is under construction.

0 122
 04-02-2019, 08:33 AM
User Info
(04-02-2019, 07:45 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Alex7 Wrote: If you go to straightrazordesigns this message about the forum is posted: The original, straightrazorplace.com forum is under construction for improvements and will be back and improved coming soon. Here is the link: https://straightrazordesigns.com/pages/s...razorplace. This means that forum will be back with the straightrazorplace name? And the forum now named sharprazorpalace is the forum that is said to be hijacked?

First, Straight Razor Designs is now an officially closed vendor.  Kaput, out of business.

Second, from my understanding, nothing was hijacked.  It was a business decision but they could not use the name Straight Razor Place as Lynn owns that name.  I do not believe you will see another forum started using that name.

On different forums there is talk about a fallout between the owners.

0 122
 04-02-2019, 08:34 AM
User Info
(04-02-2019, 06:29 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I don’t know how you found that page - but the root URL still says that straightrazordesigns is closed.

Forever Grateful,
Don & Lynn

The root URL yes, but the one I linked says that the original straightrazorplace forum is under construction.

0 122
 04-02-2019, 04:48 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
There were three partners who decided to part ways. The forum has continued under a new name, but essentially with the same moderators, mentors, and many of the same people who had been members for many years and who have a great deal of knowledge about most aspects of straight razor shaving, honing, and restoration. The site looks the same and there is still a fantastic library with much information about straights. I would encourage anyone interested in using a straight to join, as it's really just a bunch of fine fellows who love the hobby of using a straight. I would also ignore the misinformation that is floating around the net regarding the breakup of the partnership as it's really no one's business.

38 5,888
 04-02-2019, 05:34 PM
User Info
Well said. Sharp Razor Palace is a fine place, with great resources for anyone interested in straights.

9 1,510
 04-02-2019, 05:36 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(04-02-2019, 04:48 PM)evnpar Wrote: There were three partners who decided to part ways. The forum has continued under a new name, but essentially with the same moderators, mentors, and many of the same people who had been members for many years and who have a great deal of knowledge about most aspects of straight razor shaving, honing, and restoration. The site looks the same and there is still a fantastic library with much information about straights. I would encourage anyone interested in using a straight to join, as it's really just a bunch of fine fellows who love the hobby of using a straight. I would also ignore the misinformation that is floating around the net regarding the breakup of the partnership as it's really no one's business.

Well stated, Richard.  Thanks

182 25,473
 04-03-2019, 12:51 AM
User Info
I belong to several shave forums and from my understanding there was an unpleasant separation of Lynn Abrams from SRP and he also closed down his business, not sure of any of the intricate details but the guys on SRP( Straight Razor Palace ) are a good bunch and Lynn is not affiliated with it in any way.

I was also a member of the original SRP and as stated there are lots of the original members on the new forum that bring a huge amount of experience to the straight razor community and they love to share there knowledge and services that some like Glen offer so take a minute and visit and you will be surprised what you can learn.

7 1,695
 04-03-2019, 01:00 AM
User Info
(04-03-2019, 12:51 AM)Panther308 Wrote: I belong to several shave forums and from my understanding there was an unpleasant separation of Lynn Abrams from SRP and he also closed down his business, not sure of any of the intricate details but the guys on SRP( Straight Razor Palace ) are a good bunch and Lynn is not affiliated with it in any way.

I was also a member of the original SRP and as stated there are lots of the original members on the new forum that bring a huge amount of experience to the straight razor community and they love to share there knowledge and services that some like Glen offer so take a minute and visit and you will be surprised what you can learn.
Thanks.

0 122
 04-30-2019, 10:51 PM
User Info
(04-03-2019, 12:51 AM)Panther308 Wrote: I belong to several shave forums and from my understanding there was an unpleasant separation of Lynn Abrams from SRP and he also closed down his business, not sure of any of the intricate details but the guys on SRP( Straight Razor Palace ) are a good bunch and Lynn is not affiliated with it in any way.

I believe Lynn has a Facebook group group called Straightrazorplace?

0 122
 05-01-2019, 03:07 AM
User Info
Yes, Lynn has a Facebook group called Straight Razor Place Facebook.

57 9,026
 05-01-2019, 04:10 AM
User Info
(05-01-2019, 03:07 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Yes, Lynn has a Facebook group called Straight Razor Place Facebook.

Thanks.

0 122